outlook/AT&T - not receiving all messages

my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service
is giving him grief:

The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails
to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this
message box appears:

Error
Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report
error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was
interrupted. If this problem continues your server
administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The
server responded:? K'

He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he
tries to send and receive again it says that he has no
new messages. When he checks to see if he's still
connected, he is.

Any ideas? I don't know enough about the AT&T/Outlook
combination to help him.

Thanks,
Abby

0
anonymous (74722)

is this a hotmail account that you are having trouble with?

if you logon using Internet explorer and backup all of your emails and then
delete them from the server. then delete you account details from you mail
programme, then add then again to allow a fresh install of the folders list.

if it is another provider of email account still try the above, and if still
no luck, ask you telephone provider to tweak the line, to stop static from
interfering with your connection.

hope this helps.

Jason

"abby phenix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service
> is giving him grief:
>
> The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails
> to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this
> message box appears:
>
> Error
> Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report
> error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was
> interrupted. If this problem continues your server
> administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The
> server responded:? K'
>
> He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he
> tries to send and receive again it says that he has no
> new messages. When he checks to see if he's still
> connected, he is.
>
> Any ideas? I don't know enough about the AT&T/Outlook
> combination to help him.
>
> Thanks,
> Abby

0
Jasonc
2/19/2004 12:27:29 AM
Did you call Worldnet support?

Perhaps there's a very large or corrupt message in his mailbox  on the
server - check the account at www.mail2web.com if Worldnet doesn't have a
webmail page.

abby phenix wrote:
> my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service
> is giving him grief:
>
> The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails
> to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this
> message box appears:
>
> Error
> Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report
> error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was
> interrupted. If this problem continues your server
> administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The
> server responded:? K'
>
> He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he
> tries to send and receive again it says that he has no
> new messages. When he checks to see if he's still
> connected, he is.
>
> Any ideas? I don't know enough about the AT&T/Outlook
> combination to help him.
>
> Thanks,
> Abby

0
lanwench (7567)
2/19/2004 12:38:13 AM
Try using http://webmail.att.net to see if there is a message in your in-box
that may be holding up the process.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, abby phenix asked:

| my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service
| is giving him grief:
|
| The sending and receiving box shows that he has 6 emails
| to be downloaded. Only four emails download and then this
| message box appears:
|
| Error
| Task ATT Worldnet email sending and receiving report
| error (oX800CCCOF).The connection to the server was
| interrupted. If this problem continues your server
| administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The
| server responded:? K'
|
| He doesn't know if he's missing messages or not. When he
| tries to send and receive again it says that he has no
| new messages. When he checks to see if he's still
| connected, he is.
|
| Any ideas? I don't know enough about the AT&T/Outlook
| combination to help him.
|
| Thanks,
| Abby

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/19/2004 1:44:04 AM
Do a google on that error code.

I had the same problem, and it wasn't the ISP, as the Outlook error message
says.  It ultimately was my virus protection software NAV.

I don't recall the details, but it was a two or three step chain to find the
real problem.  For me, it only occured when re-setting up my family's mail
account--and it only happened to one of four accounts,.  but the answer was
found by searching for the error code.

Good luck

How can you ask that, when the OP said:

>my dad's new Outlook 2002/AT&T Worldnet Dial-up Service
>is giving him grief:

It's a Worldnet account, not a Hotmail account.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

identify a message sender
How can I identify the person who's sending an email? Previous programs allowed to obtain IP addresses of senders. I can't do that with Ourtlook. You can access the internet header by opening the message and select the "options" button from the toolbar. (You can also try right clicking on the item in the folder and selecting Options.) "Hilda" <Hilda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6291FAE4-4F9C-4237-8A63-B0623B93610F@microsoft.com... > How can I identify the person who's sending an email? Previous programs > allowed to obta...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Outlook 2003

Remove "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style"?
I'm editing a document that was created by someone else. Somewhere along the way, under format/paragraph options, they clicked the box called "don't add space between paragraphs of the same style." I want to un-click it, but the box is greyed out (showing the checkmark there) and I can't un-click it...and it's screwing up my formatting! Does anyone know how to find this rogue command & remove it? This option is not available for individual paragraphs, only for styles. You must go to the Modify Style dialog to change it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill M...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Auto Recovery won't work
Hi. I had a power failure. When I restarted my computer and opened Excel, the recovery panel won't appear! I did click on "auto recovery" option and set it to save for every 2 mins! I checked the files in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel, there's only 1 file called "Excel10.xlb" MS Word managed to recover my files! Some time ago, Excel auto recovery won't succeed! But the recovered files suddenly appear in front of me after 1 month or so. It's so strange! How can I get back the missing recovered Excel files? Tha...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Exporting-importing email accout (.iaf) doesn't work
Hi, i have an .iaf file that i get exporting my email account at work. Now i have imported that file at home, but when i click on "Send and recieve" i get this message: [quote title=3DQuote:] Fall=F3 la conexi=F3n con el servidor. Cuenta: 'pop3.xxx.es', Servidor: 'pop3.xxx.es', Protocolo: POP3, Puerto: 110, Seguridad (SSL): No, Error de socket: 10060, N=FAmero de error: 0x800CCC0E[/quote] I'm using OL Express 6 in both computers (Windows XP). Any idea? Bye Javi Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It provides no addit...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Can't do a @ in TO: section
Hi! My problem is simple, I cannot do a @ when im trying to put an email adress in the TO: section HELP please... Why? What happens when you try -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Nico" <Nico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:971A2D8D-FBD4-4F57-830B-567304F30A38@microsoft.com... > Hi! > > My problem is simple, I cannot do a @ when im trying to put an email adress > in the TO: section HELP please... ...