Outlook and XP Keyboard Access

I just had Windows XP installed on my machine and I am
having problems with keyboard access in Outlook 2002. I do
not use a mouse and I have my inbox set up with the
preview pane. Prior to XP I could get to my inbox with
CTRL+Shift+i and then tab around the panes (mail list,
preview pane and folders). With XP I can not get a
selection in any pane without turning off the preview pane
and then turning it on again. Which I then have to repeat
every time I use the shortcut to get back to the inbox.
This is making me very frustrated. Does anyone have a
solution?

Thanks in advance!
0
mwoodall (1)

It must be a glitch in your installation.  I have WinXP and Outlook 2002 and
the keyboard shortcuts you mentioned work fine for me.

"Melanie Woodall" <mwoodall@express-scripts.com> wrote in message
> I just had Windows XP installed on my machine and I am
> having problems with keyboard access in Outlook 2002. I do
> not use a mouse and I have my inbox set up with the
> preview pane. Prior to XP I could get to my inbox with
> CTRL+Shift+i and then tab around the panes (mail list,
> preview pane and folders). With XP I can not get a
> selection in any pane without turning off the preview pane
> and then turning it on again. Which I then have to repeat
> every time I use the shortcut to get back to the inbox.
> This is making me very frustrated. Does anyone have a
> solution?
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
s-mar (86)

xp no boot menu no key board option
My friend's parents have asked me to "fix their computer" I think the only problem is: I need to re-install XP and drivers. The only problem with that is I cannot get to the boot menu. On start up, the screen goes blank and goes to the "megatrends" screen where it tells you the status of your HD and stuff. I tried ps2 and usb keyboards but i cannot get to the boot menu. Both keyboards I was using have led lights but they never turn on I checked connections and all were fastened properly. thanks for reading -- namflow44 -------------------------...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

How to become Administrator of a usergroup (Windows XP sp 2)
In my office we have 6 computers which are connected by a Hub. I have created a user group call "CECILIYAN". I have connected internet one port of that hub. So any one can access to Internet in that group. Now I want to make my PC as the Administrator of this user group. And I should be able to control other PCs by blocking USB Pen drives & Internet Access & other things. Please let me know how to do it. Is there any third party tool or registry editing or any way to control that things Thank you. On 7/17/2010 9:58 AM, Booli wrote: > In my office we have 6 co...

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

alternate access mapping
Hi - We created a SP virtual server (replicate) that we will be using as a test server. One problem that I'm having is that we renamed the server - we added alternate access mappings to the test servername (on the test server) - (this is using the Central Administration tool) but I can't seem to change the test server to the default?? I'm finding where to do it, it just is not doing anything when I switch it???? The test server is currently listed as EXTRANET and the production server is still at DEFAULT. I need the test server to be the DEFAULT, and could actual...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...