outlook and word hang when creating a new message

Hello,
The few tech notes I have found regarding this simply
indicate that it is a known bug. I am wondering if anyone
has come across a fix for this.

Using Office XP Pro on a Windows 2000 Pro system, if Word
and Outlook are open and new message is selected, both
applications hang and have to be stopped through task
manager.

It occurs 3 to 4 times a day, not all the time. No
resource messages appear and there is nothing in the event
logs.
Thanks for any help,
Daniel
0
anonymous (74720)

When you say create a "New Message" how are you creating
this? (In Outlook with the NEW MESSAGE or in Word when
trying to SEND TO or ?)

Are you using Word as your email editor?

Did you notice if it is when there is an attachment in the
email that you are sending?

Any Service Packs installed for your Office XP?
(TOOLS | HELP | ABOUT OUTLOOK)

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello,
The few tech notes I have found regarding this simply
indicate that it is a known bug. I am wondering if anyone
has come across a fix for this.

Using Office XP Pro on a Windows 2000 Pro system, if Word
and Outlook are open and new message is selected, both
applications hang and have to be stopped through task
manager.

It occurs 3 to 4 times a day, not all the time. No
resource messages appear and there is nothing in the event
logs.
Thanks for any help,
Daniel

I have never been able to use Word as my editor without
experiencing some kind of issue. That being said, the first
thing I would suggest is that your co-worker stop using Word
as her editor.

It is tough trying to "troubleshoot" a problem in Outlook that
may very well be a problem in Word. (Slow connection to
the network, template, etc.) There are some updates for both
Outlook2002 and Word 2002 that may help.

You may try deleting her NORMAL.DOT template in word.

You may also try using the "Detect and Repair" option in the
HELP menu on Word or Outlook. This may fix any registry
problems that she may be experiencing in her Office system.

I did find the following on Technet that may help or at least
shed some light:

Outlook Appears to Hang When You Use Word to
Create New E-mail Message:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278214

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"Daniel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello Nikki, thank you for your time.

The issue is being experienced by a co-worker. I have yet
to see the problem occur.
She explained that the hang occurs predominantly when
simply creating a new message in outlook while word is
open. She does recall it happening when working back and
forth between the two, but can't recall what she was doing
at that time.
Word is the email editor.
No on the attachment question.
The machine is Win 2000 Pro SP3 with Office XP Pro SP2.
The only patches on it are KB823980 and KB824146.

Daniel

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

Word vs. PowerPoint
I'm giving a lecture next month, only my third with a PowerPoint presentation -- and only the first that'll have an audience of more than about 10, so I'll be writing it out fully in advance. And with the new Windows 7 laptop (yay!), I can even take advantage of the dual- monitor thing and have the slide show on the projector and a working view on the computer. Does anyone know of arguments for or against using the Notes function in PowerPoint to contain my entire text, vs. simply writing it in a word processor the usual way and printing it out? (I am assuming that I c...

gridlines in outlook?

How can i insert multiple pictures in a word doc, simultaneously?
Hello! I need to put in multiple photos from a file in my reports, and i would like them to be sized to fit 6-10 per page. Is there any way to do that in one simple step? Thanks! It depends on your definition of simple. In order to control the layout of the images you need to insert them in a table of fixed cell width. The images will then adapt to the width of the cell. How many will fit of a page is determined by whether the images are portrait mode or landscape mode - or mixed modes. The following macro will insert a two column table at the cursor and proceed to en...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

GP 9 new user cannot change password
We're testing the upgrade from 7 to 9, and in our 9 database, I added a new user but the user cannot change the password. I checked my ODBC settings and everything is unchecked, &c. Can anyone tihnk of anything else? I've read the other posts on this subject and tried everything suggested, to no avail. Does the new user have rights to any company? Visit us at Convergence in San Diego -- booth 624. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePub...

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

multiple copies won't print is word 2002
I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6). All of a sudden it won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one. I have a brother hl-5040 with 136 mb memory. The computer is running win xp pro; sp3. Any ideas? Thanks As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B84BC29-BAB9-4187-AFD8-6F19FD9BECCE@microsoft.com... > I am running Word 2002, ( as part of work...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...