Outlook and Loutus Notes

We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this
to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software.
Can I do this and if so how?

Thanks for any help
0
anonymous (74721)

Steve Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this
> to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software.

Can you be more explicit in what you mean by this?  It sounds like you're
saying you want Notes to automatically install Outlook updates.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Outlook 2000/Win2k "New Messages of Interest" popup not working
We are running Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.00.3821) on Win2k. We have a rule setup in Outlook 2000 called "Notify" which is set to "Apply this rule after the message arrives. Notify me using ." The action of this rule results in the "New Messages of Interest" window appearing whenever a new message is received. Rather than using the option under Tools/Email Options "Display a notification message when new mail arrives" this rule shows the name of the sender and the subject. The problem is that under Win 95 the pop up always came to the top regardless of what...

Presenter View
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? I've been experimenting with Presenter View and noticed that the notes loose all their formatting such as Bold, Spacing, Bullets, when in Presenter View. Is there something I can do to correct this or is this by design? Thank you. This is by-design - PowerPoint Presenter View does not support formatted notes. See the following for a workaround: See formatted notes on your laptop while the audience sees the slide show http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html - Chirag Zoom into slides du...

Customize outlook today doesn't work #3
When I click on the customize outlook today button nothing happens. This is annoyance because I want to change the 2 colum view, the theme, ect. If you can help please let me know. Thanks. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows...

Outlook 2007 client for Vista doesn't install
I am having trouble getting the Outlook 2007 client (online only) for Vista to install. During installation, the verification step says that there is a pending computer restart. I'm sure that this is not the case, since I had not installed any software or updates since last restarting. Should I perhaps restart immediately prior to installing the client? And after the installation is complete? I did neither and just started Outlook. A dialog appearing saying that there is an error loading CRM functionality and to try restarting Outlook. I did that twice and the same error occu...

Outlook 2K3 News Reader
Hi ya'll! I jsut upgraded to Outlook 2003. I was trying to get into the news reader as we did on Outlook XP and found that I had to add the "Go to - News" command to the Go to button. I followed the directions given in the help to do that but don't see the "news" command in the list of commands to choose from. does anyone know another way to get to the news reader on Outlook 2003? Or if not, I know there was a way to alter the shortcut to Outlook Express to only open up as only the news reader. Does anyone remember what that is?? Thanks in advance -- Bruce ...

Setting Up Yahoo Mail Account in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my Yahoo address. How do I do this? I am not sure of the settings for this and can't find it anywhere on Yahoo. Thanks. Pat Sigh...3 clicks http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-40.html=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, patetc asked: | I am using Outlook 2002 and want to set it up to receive mail from my | Yahoo address. How ...

Outlook #152
When I activate Out of Office it only replys to internal emails not external. What am I doing wrong? David Tecke <davidtecke@netmount.co.uk> wrote: > When I activate Out of Office it only replys to internal > emails not external. > What am I doing wrong? You may be doing nothing wrong. The default for Exchange is not not reply to external addresses, since this verifies to SPAMmers that your address is valid. -- Brian Tillman You have to go into exchange and tell it to allow messages to go out for this. It is in the admin section of the Store. "Brian Tillman" &l...

Outlook Crashing!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My Outlook just started crashing whenever I click on the "Find a = Contact" drop down on the standard toolbar. This is very inconvenient, = since I use this quite often. Any reason and/or fix for this? --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

New to Outlook. Need help configuring.
I can't complete the initial wizard. The email info i typed would not go through. Now it wants to know my microsoft exchange server which I do not know how to find. Never had these problems before. Help. "weknapp" <weknapp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10AE65B1-7EC5-4516-A6A0-CA8478BD107E@microsoft.com... >I can't complete the initial wizard. The email info i typed would not go > through. Now it wants to know my microsoft exchange server which I do not > know how to find. Never had these problems before. Help. Use the...

Outlook 2002 says "Unable to display the folder"
When I open Outlook 2002 XP and g to my 'Inbox' folder I get the message 'Unable to display the folder". Other folders seem to be OK. What do I do about this? I need my mail. Peter Try starting Outlook 1 time with the /cleanviews command line switch. example: * select start | run * type: outlook.exe /cleanviews * ok button -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Austin Powers" <austinpowers@pobox.com> wrote in message news:DldMb.9427$Ye1.3441@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > When I...

Public Folders Performance With Outlook 2K and Outlook2K3
Hi, I experience significant slowness in using Public Folders with Outlook2k3. It seems that Outlook2K is faster when browsing items in the Public Folders. Is it true and any tricks to tweak the speed up? Many Thanks MWGP Should not be a significant difference. Please explain slowness and what type of files? Is Outlook in Cached Mode for 2003? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "MWGP" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:egXNV$01GHA.4924@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I experience significant slowne...

Unable to save and close a meeting in Outlook 2007
I have ended up resending a meeting invitation to board members inadvertently because I do not have an option to save and close the original meeting. I can do that with the appointments of the people I sent the invitation to, but not from the originator. I need to be able to do this, since there are often notes that need to be added. Hopefully this can be solved, because if not, its a very bad 'update'. ...

Outlook 2003 viewing email issue
Does anyone know if it is possible to view my email inbox within the outlook Today screen ? Ideally I would like to be able to see my calendar , task list and current emails all within the same screen ? Alternatively if this isn't possible , can the 'read pane' within the email section of Outlook be turned off and replaced with the task list to achieve the same objective but in a differnet way ? many thanks Rob Rob Moore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to view my email inbox > within the outlook Today screen ?...

Outlook "Follow UP' Grayed Out
Outlook's "Follow UP" functions under "Actions" are grayed out so I cannot Flag a message. If I right-click the message the "Follow UP" option is not available. If I open an email the 'Flag" icon shows up; but when I click it nothings happens. I've tried removing the feature from the tool bar and adding back; but it still does not work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k Which version of Outlook are you using? Which mail account type are you using? Did it ever work for you? What did you change/we...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

I can't stop Outlook from junking wanted mails
I'm running Outlook 2003 SP1 Some wanted emails end up in the Junk folder. I go through the menu to Mark as not Junk and check Always trust email from the sender. The emails do get moved back into the inbox but future emails from the same address still get junked. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Nick. First you should update to SP2. Then also check any rules that you might have that cause the problem. Do you have addin spam program? -- Neil "Nick" <no_bother@all.uk> wrote in message news:ON6dnX46o9IsmijZRVnyig@pipex.net... > I'm running Outlook 2003 SP1 ...

Sincro. Calendar outlook 2010 with Symbian Calendar
Is it not possible because I´m using a Beta version? Or is it a compability matter of the new versions of Outlook and Nokia´s Pc suite? Talking to yourself? This is a new post, not a reply. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC0F3EC6-0D4F-40EC-86F6-4A8D721B56EA@microsoft.com... > Is it not possible because I´m using a Beta version? Or is it a > compability > matter of the new versions of Outlook and Nokia´s Pc suite? Outlook...

Outlook Error #12
Couple of people in our office gets the message that "a program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to aloow this?". If you say no, it will shutt down the outlook. I have ran the McAfee anti virus for Trojan, and still the problem exist. PLEASE HELP. THANKS ...

Ways to Access Outlook Contact Online
I'm looking for a solution to share outlook contact (address book) so i will be able to access to my clients contact anytime anywhere with the internet. I know the best way to do it is having Windows Server 2003 + Exchange Server but we can't afford to do this at the moment. So a friend of mine recommend me to to find a web hosting that support Sharepoint Service so i can upload my contact database and link to where ever i will access it. Now, my question is: Is there another way or what's the best way to do this? ...

Outlook 2003 & Lotus notes ?
Good morning, Can anyone answer the following; Is there a Lotus Notes connector for Outlook 2003? Just like there was for Outlook XP. Thanks Deasun ...

All contacts not showing up in Outlook 2003
When viewing contacts in the address book I only see those which either have a fax number or email. Those who only have a name and a home phone do not show up in the list eventhough they are in my contacts. Does anyone know how to show all contacts including those without an email address or fax number? Thanks, Charity Outlook is a messaging program. Accordingly, its address book contains only electronic addresses, since those are the only ones you need or can use in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Charity" <banshee@peak.org> wrote in message news:ubQYTmP7DHA.2...

What am I doing wrong to export Outlook contacts to csv?
What am I doing wrong to export my Outlook contacts to a single-line-per-record ASCII comma-separated-value file? I can quite easily import a single-line-per-record ASCII csv file into Outlook Contacts; but whenever I export, I seem to always end up with a multi-line-per-record ASCII txt file as a result. Here is what I do (wrong, it turns out): 1. I start up Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Windows XP 2. File | Import and Export | Export to a file | Next 3. Comma-Separated Values (Windows) | Next 4. Select folder to export from: Contacts | Next 5. Select exported file as: contacts.csv | OK | Next ...