Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation

I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates"
message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open
Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail
folder - the information store could not be opened" and
then "Would you like to open your default file system
folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find
anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about
Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This
process will stop the debugger".  I now have a shortcut on
my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser".

Is all this due to my downloading MSXML? If so, how can I
get rid of it please? Is it really a "critical update".
Thanks everyone
Duncan
0
anonymous (74721)

Excel VBA Programming
I NEED HELP! I am fairly competent with MS Excel but now looking to develop myself in VBA but don't know abc of VBA! I did download a free manual from the following link but may be self study is not my cup of tea!: http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf may be if someone could send me a link for video tutorials on VBA that would be awesome! Any help will be much appreciated! R Hi Just go to Youtube and type in the search box "Excel VBA" It's full of video tutorials. HTH John "rraw75" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message n...

How to stop drag n drop feature on my CHtnlView?
Hi All I have developed a very simple MFC based SDI application. I have derived my view from CHtmlView class as i wanted to load an html page as soon as the app is executed. Everything is working fine except one problem. When ever i drag some file .htm/.bmp/.doc and drop it on the view of my application, the particular file is opened in my view. I want to stop this functionality. How can i do this. Please suggest Regards Davinder. "Davinder" <davinder@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:%23gP3y4N0GHA.2636@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All > I have developed a ...

stop script if dates are missing, edit help...
Below is my scipt: It asks for a two sets of date ranges, both from column J, and then it does the rest. Script works, no problem.. After the two sets of dates are entered for the range of column J, it confirms the date Ranges, user clicks OK and then it goes on to the next step. I want it to change so that, If I enter let's say: starting range: 1/1/2005 ending range: 3/1/2005 (from column J) it would confirm the dates like it does now, but after the user pressed ok, it would stop the script and pop-out a box saying: Calculation can't be performed, missing Dates in selected Rang...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Amex/Costco account update not working
Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since the upgrade. Andrew, Downloads from Amex/Costco work fine here. Explain what "issues" are you experiencing? Kevin "Andrew" <justme@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:42efdc69_1@newsfeed.slurp.net... > Wondering if anyone else is having issues update and Amex/Costco account > in 2006 version. It was working on 2004 version but has been broken since > the upgrade. > > Kevin, I had problems wi...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

outlook 2000 help file

Chart Stopped Updating
Hi I have a number of DDE links that I use to increment Rows D to I every second, providing me with a method of data logging my DDE Links. I find that my chart works fine up to about 247 rows then stops updating. I have just upgraded from 2003 to 2007 version of Excel. Any ideas. Thanks Alec when you saved into 2007, you keep the old file format or use the new format? if using new, pls make sure you are using xlsm. if you are using the compatibility mode, please check make to make sure you click the security setting to low. "Alectrical" wrote: > Hi ...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...