Outlook and Dialing Rules

Hey Everyone,

We have a faxing application (Castelle Faxpress) where you can import
fax numbers from Outlook contacts so you do not need to manually type
in the name, company name fax # etc.  The issue is Outlook (Seems to be
every version) always assumes you want to dial a +1 in front of every
number!  I have verified my dialing and area codes are correct in
Windows.  Even the Windows rules say "the number to be dialed is
xxx-xxx-xxxx"  Windows will dial the number correctly.  If I try to use
the dial feature in Outlook it will append the number with +1
regardless of the Windows rules.  I am unable to find any settings in
Outlook to turn this off.  Outlook 2003 even shows the number to be
dialed and always no matter what has a +1 in from of it, even if there
is no area code.

Anyone have any insight?  MS MVP personel?

Thanks
Neil

0
ngoodwin1 (4)

Open a new contact, Actions->Call Contact->New Call.  Under the Dialing
Options, uncheck the box to automatically add the Country Code.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, ngoodwin@gmail.com asked:

| Hey Everyone,
|
| We have a faxing application (Castelle Faxpress) where you can import
| fax numbers from Outlook contacts so you do not need to manually type
| in the name, company name fax # etc.  The issue is Outlook (Seems to
| be every version) always assumes you want to dial a +1 in front of
| every number!  I have verified my dialing and area codes are correct
| in Windows.  Even the Windows rules say "the number to be dialed is
| xxx-xxx-xxxx"  Windows will dial the number correctly.  If I try to
| use the dial feature in Outlook it will append the number with +1
| regardless of the Windows rules.  I am unable to find any settings in
| Outlook to turn this off.  Outlook 2003 even shows the number to be
| dialed and always no matter what has a +1 in from of it, even if there
| is no area code.
|
| Anyone have any insight?  MS MVP personel?
|
| Thanks
| Neil

0
MillyS (3228)
4/22/2005 7:25:16 PM
Thanks for the response Milly.  Unfortunely I have and the same thing
happens no matter what on multiple versions of Outlook.  Any other
ideas or should I call PSS and cross my fingers they do not charge me
$245 for this.

If you are using Outlook 2003 you can try it and I bet the same thing
happens.  Check or uncheck the "country code box" and then click on the
"business" button right next to the phone number in the contact and at
the top underneath "phone details" you will see the number and it has a
+1 no matter what the setting is.

Thanks
Neil

0
ngoodwin1 (4)
4/22/2005 7:52:02 PM
Sorry, but please try this and let me know if it happens to you or not.

Thanks

0
ngoodwin1 (4)
4/22/2005 8:03:19 PM
Yes, it does show there but it does not interfere with any functionality of
my phone calls or the modem.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, ngoodwin@gmail.com asked:

| Thanks for the response Milly.  Unfortunely I have and the same thing
| happens no matter what on multiple versions of Outlook.  Any other
| ideas or should I call PSS and cross my fingers they do not charge me
| $245 for this.
|
| If you are using Outlook 2003 you can try it and I bet the same thing
| happens.  Check or uncheck the "country code box" and then click on
| the "business" button right next to the phone number in the contact
| and at the top underneath "phone details" you will see the number and
| it has a +1 no matter what the setting is.
|
| Thanks
| Neil

0
MillyS (3228)
4/22/2005 11:43:57 PM
Please, use a real news reader and append the previous posts to your
response.  I had to go back 3 posts to see what your original question was.

Can you contact the folks who produced the software to see if they have a
workaround or a fix?  I seriously doubt that Microsoft would be willing to
"fix" their software to work with this one application.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, ngoodwin@gmail.com asked:

| Sorry, but please try this and let me know if it happens to you or
| not.
|
| Thanks

0
MillyS (3228)
4/22/2005 11:46:03 PM
Thanks Millie unfortunately when you go to the faxing software and
choose a contact from Outlook it carries the +1 over.  Kind of sad that
Outlook cannot communicate with the Windows dial up rules and take
exactly those settings.  This happens across all versions of Outlook
also.  This has been a bug for almost 10 years!

Nice going MS!

Thanks for the help though

0
ngoodwin1 (4)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook freezes up

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

outlook 2002

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...

outlook to outlook express #4
Hi, I am hoping there is away to import all my Outlook Express settings inc address book, messages and files in all local folders to Outlook 2003. I am using Outlook Express 6 When I start to install Outlook 2003 it asks if I want to Configure an email account... I stopped there afraid I would lose all my settings from Express. Any and all help would be appreciated I think you say no to that dialog and then you will get prompted about importing from OE. (Even if you say yes, it won't go delete anything out of OE.) "Manny" <manny_is@hotmail.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook XP to Outlook 2002
Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Files are incompatable (normal). Is there anyway this can be done. My computer at home is Brand new with MS Small for XP (new). I usually get my mail from work at home and at the end of the day(s), I create a *.pst to send to work and load into my main Outlook (2002 version). Any sugguestions if any. Thanks gene Gene <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export my *.pst files from Outlook XP > (newest edition) to Outlook 2002. Huh? Office XP contains Outlook 2002. ...

Outlook 2000 boots for a few seconds, then shuts down
My Outlook 2000 (running under XP) has started booting, but only for a few seconds, then it shuts down by itself. I cannot access new or stored messages, manage the personal folders, etc. I get a popup Microsoft Outlook message that says: Error signature AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.6604 ModName: emailscanner.dll ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 00040df3 To view technical information about the error report, click here. CLOSE button I have re-installed Microsoft Office 2000 (including Outlook 2000), but the problem remains. Outlook still boots and then disappears in seconds...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...