Outlook access to mail servers blocked

For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via
either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the
message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers  Receiving'
reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your
incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message,
contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its
still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry
account - any ideas folks?
I am running outlook 2003 SP3 under XP professional 5.1 SP3  using
windows firewall and norton 360 antivirus etc.  Can I see an events log
to find out if the firewall is blocking my mail?

--
terry-isismu

The first culprit I would look at is antivirus - if it's actively scanning
incoming and outgoing mail that could be the problem. Also, if you want to
find out if you have any issues, firewall or otherwise, have you checked your
event viewer?

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"terry-isismu" wrote:

> For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via
> either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the
> message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers  Receiving'
> reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your
> incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message,
> contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
> past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its
> still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry
> account - any ideas folks?
> I am running outlook 2003 SP3 under XP professional 5.1 SP3  using
> windows firewall and norton 360 antivirus etc.  Can I see an events log
> to find out if the firewall is blocking my mail?
>

> --
> terry-isismu

0
KOrland1 (1012)
12/22/2008 4:03:03 PM
Yes I checked the events - all clear
I also turned off firewalls - it seemed to make no difference.
Thanks for suggesting anyway ... thinking the same way..

--
terry-isismu
Check your firewall to ensure that outlook.exe is allowed.

In addition, check your Outlook Add Ins and COMs for applications or third
party software that integrates with Outlook. Disable them all then add them
back one by one, testing inbetween to find out if one of them is at fault.
Alternatively, you can open Outlook and run it in safe mode with NO Add Ins
or COMs loaded to see if it runs properly then. Start > Run > outlook.exe
/safe

If you have installed and configured Norton to actively scan incoming and
outgoing mail, this is the likely culprit. Unfortunately with Norton, the
only way to really fix the issue is to uninstall it plus use a removal tool
from Symantec since Norton never really does completely uninstall. Then
reinstall it and omit the integration with Outlook. The removal tool is
located here:

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

--

"terry-isismu" wrote:

> Yes I checked the events - all clear
> I also turned off firewalls - it seemed to make no difference.
> Thanks for suggesting anyway ... thinking the same way..
>

> K. Orland;282295 Wrote:
> > The first culprit I would look at is antivirus - if it's actively
> > scanning
> > incoming and outgoing mail that could be the problem. Also, if you want
> > find out if you have any issues, firewall or otherwise, have you
> > checked your
> > event viewer?
> >
> > --
> > Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >

> > "terry-isismu" wrote:
> > -
> >

> > For last two days I suddently been unable to down load any email via
> > either my talk tal broadband or my vodaphone mobile connection the
> > message i get is the same across 5 different POP3 servers  Receiving'
> > reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your
> > incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this
> > message,
> > contact your server administrator or Internet service provider
> > (ISP).'
> > past post suggest the firewalls but had tried disabling them and its
> > still the same - i know there is mail as i have it on my balckberry
> > account - any ideas folks?
> > I am running outlook 2003 SP3 under XP professional 5.1 SP3  using
> > windows firewall and norton 360 antivirus etc.  Can I see an events
> > log
> > to find out if the firewall is blocking my mail?
> >

> > --
> > terry-isismu
> > -
>

> --
> terry-isismu

0
KOrland1 (1012)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...