Outlook 98 - Outlook Today

I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system (SP6a - 
Hi Enc).  I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top 
of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today 
displays.  I am a Local and a Domain Administrator. 

However, my colleague (who has exactly the same 
permissions as me and using the same environment - same 
image) cannot.  He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing 
happens.  He cannot modify the way Outlook Today displays.

I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the 
Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where this 
option is enabled/disabled (with much looking!)

Does anybody know where else I can look?
0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 1:14:59 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 10 followers. Follow

3 Replies
476 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Are you both running the same version of Internet Explorer + Internet
Explorer security patches?  (There was an update to Internet Explorer that
kills the ability to change the Outlook Today page.)

-- 
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.


"cdesmondj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:046f01c3bebb$078b5740$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system (SP6a -
> Hi Enc).  I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top
> of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today
> displays.  I am a Local and a Domain Administrator.
>
> However, my colleague (who has exactly the same
> permissions as me and using the same environment - same
> image) cannot.  He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing
> happens.  He cannot modify the way Outlook Today displays.
>
> I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the
> Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where this
> option is enabled/disabled (with much looking!)
>
> Does anybody know where else I can look?


0
12/10/2003 1:58:44 AM
We are both running IE6, SP1 and in addition, they are  
have the patches Q828750 and q313829. (which I am not)

Is it one of those?

Thanks

Craig
>-----Original Message-----
>Are you both running the same version of Internet 
Explorer + Internet
>Explorer security patches?  (There was an update to 
Internet Explorer that
>kills the ability to change the Outlook Today page.)
>
>-- 
>Neo [MVP Outlook]
>Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account 
will be deleted
>w/out reading.
>
>
>"cdesmondj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
in message
>news:046f01c3bebb$078b5740$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>> I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system 
(SP6a -
>> Hi Enc).  I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top
>> of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today
>> displays.  I am a Local and a Domain Administrator.
>>
>> However, my colleague (who has exactly the same
>> permissions as me and using the same environment - same
>> image) cannot.  He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing
>> happens.  He cannot modify the way Outlook Today 
displays.
>>
>> I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the
>> Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where 
this
>> option is enabled/disabled (with much looking!)
>>
>> Does anybody know where else I can look?
>
>
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
12/10/2003 2:12:56 AM
Give http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=820575 a peek.  (i'm thinking that
it would be 828750 that killed it)

-- 
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.


"cdesmondj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:109df01c3bec3$1ffde920$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> We are both running IE6, SP1 and in addition, they are
> have the patches Q828750 and q313829. (which I am not)
>
> Is it one of those?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Are you both running the same version of Internet
> Explorer + Internet
> >Explorer security patches?  (There was an update to
> Internet Explorer that
> >kills the ability to change the Outlook Today page.)
> >
> >-- 
> >Neo [MVP Outlook]
> >Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account
> will be deleted
> >w/out reading.
> >
> >
> >"cdesmondj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> >news:046f01c3bebb$078b5740$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> >> I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system
> (SP6a -
> >> Hi Enc).  I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top
> >> of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today
> >> displays.  I am a Local and a Domain Administrator.
> >>
> >> However, my colleague (who has exactly the same
> >> permissions as me and using the same environment - same
> >> image) cannot.  He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing
> >> happens.  He cannot modify the way Outlook Today
> displays.
> >>
> >> I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the
> >> Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where
> this
> >> option is enabled/disabled (with much looking!)
> >>
> >> Does anybody know where else I can look?
> >
> >
> >.
> >


0
12/10/2003 4:03:40 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?
I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current date. How do I stop this in Excel? I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to {CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel. Please help and thank you! have it do range("a1")=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lionmark&...

Publisher 98 #13
I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to use Publisher 98 on Windows XP and have a slight problem. Everything works o.k. apart from the fact that I can't insert any clip art from the disk. I can insert pictures from the disk or files, no problem, but all I get when I click the frame for clip art to appears is the move symbol. Hoping someone has a solution. Thanks. Alan Keatinge Try this, view, picture display, click detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Alan Keatinge" <akeat@parad...

Run app in win 98 compatibility mode
Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode using the commnad line ,or run the program with a switch or through a script (VBscript) I am trying to have a a certain app run in Windows 98 Compatibility Mode every time it opens. Since I have a lot of users I want to automate it instead of going to set this on all the workstations that has this app. Jeff1974 wrote: > Wanted to find out, if in Win XP Pro if there is a way to set a program or > an application to Windows 98 Compatibility Mode usi...

Re: 2003 read in 98
"Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:... > Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can be read in earlier versions? I > have tried saving as 'Pack & Go' but this does not help > grateful for any ideas > Peter Cripps > > Short answer - no. "Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:bpo0tr$qpm$1@titan.btinternet.com... > > "Peter Cripps" <Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:... > > Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can ...

Pub 98 not opening earlier files
I have publisher 98 and can not get it to open files I have saved made on an earlier version of publisher. Is there a way to open these files created with an earlier version of Publisher? Do you get an error? Do you have Norton, if so disable script blocking. Publisher 98 should open all earlier files expect Publisher 1.0. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Larry" <lbeckley@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:362601c4a044$eee45c20$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have publisher 98 and can not get it to...

Conversion of Quicken 98 Home/Business version fails
I am trying the 60 day trial of Money 2004 to see if I like it. I'm tired of the bugs in Quicken 98, and hear that the new versions of Quicken are no better, and possibly worse in some areas. However, when attempting to import the quicken file, I get an error "Your quicken file could not be imported". This is Quicken 98 Home and Business version. If the trial version will not work with this file, will the Money 2004 Small Business version import the file? I'm not about to buy it only to find out it won't work. I haven't got enough time to manually ente...

Defaullting My Open Activities to Today, not ALL
I want My Activities to open under the Today date criteria, and not the ALL criteria. Is there any way to do that? -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies ...

numeric overload error message in mail merge with publisher 98 and Excel 97
I am using publisher 98 and doing a mail-merge on an 8 1/2 11 sheet which has 4 separate post cards on the page (each post card has a text box to insert the name and address for the mail merge) The mail merge will start to print and then just stop and the error message will come up that says "numeric overload" and it will stop printing. I then start it over from where it stopped and it will print another page and then stop - then I can't get it to go again. There are about 170 contacts on the address list in Excel. Please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to resolve ...

USB memory stick driver Windows 98
Hello, anyone who knows where I can find a driver for my memory stick? I'm about to empty my ancient old computer on files I want to save elsewhere. It uses Windows 98 as operating systems (Second edition 4.10.2222A). I have already tried to download and install "QuickiDriveTools1.1.exe", "usb-win98SE-all.exe", "UStorageWin98Driver2_1.zip", but no one of them does the trick. I would appreciate if someone could help me out of my situation. "Liam Susning" <Liam Susning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:076B198A-5A...

Syntax Help! Deadline Today! Please help
Hey all. I am going to post this quick and hopefully get a response back soon. Any help is appreciated. IIF([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_source]="Domestic",1,IIf(Len([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_source])>0,2,IIf([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_error_source]=1,1,IIf([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_error_source]=7,[qry_details_I1_filter_dates].[source_id],[forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_error_source])) Or IIf([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_error_source]=1,2,IIf([forms]![frm_report_dates]![cbo_error_source]=7,[qry_details_I1_filter_dates].[source_id],[forms]![frm_report_...

Publisher 2002 and Windows 98
Sorry for the newbie questions, but a prowl through the microsoft website was fruitful. Will Publisher 2002 run with Windows 98? Paul Laplante Absolutely! I have Office XP and Publisher 2002 running on a Win98se machine and it runs like a champ. "plep" <laplap33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:k5WVa.4186$mv6.738972@news20.bellglobal.com... > Sorry for the newbie questions, but a prowl through the microsoft website > was fruitful. > > Will Publisher 2002 run with Windows 98? > > Paul Laplante > > Office yes but trying to install publisher 200...

TODAY() in an IF AND function
Hi, I'm trying to create an IF AND Today() function. The difficulties I'm having with this is that when I enter the TODAY() portion of the function the result is the either the units that have scheduled a date, but the date is both before and after TODAY(), or it's the units that have not scheduled a date. I cannot get the result of the dates that have already occurred or are equal to TODAY(). My current formula is: =IF(AND($C13=$B$13,$BV13>TODAY()),$CJ13,"") Thanks so much:) Jennifer $BV13>TODAY() limits the results to only the values...

Problem with mail merge in Publisher 98
Hi, I'm trying to print Christmas card labels using MS Publisher 98. I've set up my data source and labels and have inserted field names into each label, however when I execute the merge I get a page full of labels for each record in my data source (i.e. a page full of labels with the same details on them) rather than separate details on each label, which is what I what to do. I would be very grateful if someone could let me know how to fix this - is there a field I can insert on each label which will tell the program to look for the next record. Merry Christmas! Andrew England ...

Today variable to calender control
How do I pass the Today variable to a calender control on a form to set the default as the current date? TIA Anonymous TIA, use the user form initialize event like this Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Calendar1.Today End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f5a01c52582$ee68f800$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I pass the Today...

Transferring information in Money 98 to Money 2004
I have been unable to get all my money 98 files (backed up) to load onto Money 2004 any suggestions? Need some more information. What error messages? What exactly happens? What isn't happening that you expect? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "C.K." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023901c3a0ad$80c730b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to get all my money 98 files (backed > up) to load onto...

Can I convert a TODAY() value into a string
I have a datasource where the SQL Server data type for a date column is varchar(10) (i.e. yyyy-mm-dd). I need to compare this to today's date ( ex. =today()>$f2, where $f2 is the varchar(10) date field returned from SQL Server ) but am not sure of how to do it. Should I convert today() to a text field? Try this: =IF(TEXT(today(),"yyyy-mm-dd")>$F2, is_true, is_false) where "is_true" is the formula you want if the condition is true and "is_false" follows the same logic. Hope this helps. Pete If you want it in VBA, try dates_string = &quo...

Publisher 98, 2003 and Adobe
I have created a document on 98, but need it converting to pdf. When I send it to a friend (who has Adobe and Publisher 2003) all the formatting changes when he opens it in Publisher 2003 prior to printing it to Adobe. The font (Rockwell 12) appears larger and stuff doesn't now fit in, pages overspill etc. So how can my friend open the file exactly as I saved it? Something that I felt pleased with is now really bugging me! Thanks Andy You are going to lose formatting converting a 98 file to 2003. It could help to use default fonts such as Times or Arial. Rockwell shipped with Pu...

Publisher 98 #11
I purchased a new computer abot 2 1/2 years ago. It came with software on it. One of them is Picture It! 2000. Also, I have Windows XP. I have Publisher 98 on my computer. Most times I get an error message and it closes. There have been a few times in the past where I was actually able to get it to work. Does ANYONE know of a patch or something I can do (short of getting new Publisher software - It's expensive and I'm a small business owner)so that the Picture It! software won't automatically pop open and cause the Publisher program to close? Could you tell us a few detai...

NETWORKDAYS with NOW() or TODAY() #2
They both work. Thank you very much for the help. I do appreciate it -- rerhar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rerhart's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=813 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26174 ...

can you insert today's date in email template?
Is there equivent to Excel's TODAY and NOW functions? ...

Problem - Activities
After upgrading from CRM 3 to 4 about 1 month ago, a sales rep pointed out an issue with Activites that isn't working as it should (or would think). In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Today option, it would list only activities due today. No overdue items. In CRM 3, if you selected the Due Overdue option, it would list activites that are overdue. In CRM 4, if you select the Due Today option, it shows all activities due Today AND overdue. In CRM 4, if you selecte the Due Overdue option, it shows all activities due Today AND overdue. Basically, CRM 4's "Today" should just l...

Today(S) function in DASL Filter
I am trying to figure out how to use the "undocumented" Today(S) function. Basically I have about 10 search folders that make use of most of these: %yesterday %today %tomorrow %last7days %next7days %lastweek %thisweek %nextweek %lastmonth %thismonth %nextmonth So I am also hoping that these functions also allow for passing of a (S) seconds parameter. The reason I am hoping to do this is to pre-adjust my UTC DateTime field "MileStone1UTC" so that it will be normalized into local date/time. e.g. "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{00...

Can I update from Office 98 to Office X
Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? I should of said upgrade from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > From: Aggregates & Roadbuilding Magazine <rock@sympatico.ca> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office > Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:37:48 -0500 > Subject: Can I update from Office 98 to Office X > > Can I update from Office 98 to Office X for mac? > According to the Mactopia site: You can upgrade to Office v. X for Mac if you already own any of the following products: Office´┐Ż98 Macintosh Edition Entourage´┐Ż2001 Special Edition <http://www.micr...

Problems converting Money 98 File to Money 2004
I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. My only recourse is to kill 2004 in task manager. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, evvb wrote: >I am trying to convert a Money 98 file from one computer to a Money 2004 file >on another. When it nears the end of the conversion process, it just hangs. >It happens whether I try it directly on the mny file or on the backup files. >My ...

Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen
Today only, join for FREE: http://beam.to/wealthymen Wealthy Men is the one and only online personals site dedicated to those men & women seeking a higher caliber online dating experience. 5 Great Reasons to Join WealthyMen Women now can join a personals site with successful men who make over $100k a year. Men receive many more emails from women than from any other dating site. Men are verified using our patented WM Verification System. Our sophisticated user interface makes checking messages & browsing new members a snap. Connect with thousands of new members eve...