Outlook 2007 Search Problem

I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called
complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning
"bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e-
mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e-
mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results.

I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu,
or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed
her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though.
It used to work, she claims, and she doesn't understand why it does
not currently work.

I've tried re-indexing, I've also tried the "uncheck the mailbox in
the indexer list" trick, neither of which works.

I tried un-installing and re-installing Outlook. I tried uninstalling
Instant Search. I tried reinstalling Instant Search. I tried using the
Fixmapi.exe tool as described in this MS Knowledge Base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927676.

I'm coming up dry.

Again, the problem is not that the search bar returns not results, but
that it returns unacceptable results.

See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/47

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

<Carter1337@missouristate.edu> wrote in message
> I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called
> complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning
> "bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e-
> mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e-
> mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results.
>
> I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu,
> or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed
> her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though.
> It used to work, she claims, and she doesn't understand why it does
> not currently work.
>
> I've tried re-indexing, I've also tried the "uncheck the mailbox in
> the indexer list" trick, neither of which works.
>
> I tried un-installing and re-installing Outlook. I tried uninstalling
> Instant Search. I tried reinstalling Instant Search. I tried using the
> Fixmapi.exe tool as described in this MS Knowledge Base article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927676.
>
> I'm coming up dry.
>
> Again, the problem is not that the search bar returns not results, but
> that it returns unacceptable results.

0
Roady

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work