Outlook 2007 Rule does not work

I am trying to create a rule where I can filer e-mails from Blockbuster and
move them to the "blockbuster" folder.  I have three other rules that do the
almost the same.

No matter how I setup the rule outlook seems to only copy the e-mail and not
move it.  The other rules I have setup (and function fine) simply move
e-mail messages sent to a specific account and move such messages to a
folder of my choosing.

Here, all I want to do is move messages from a sender to a folder and I
can't get it to work.  I have been told to add the "stop processing more
messages" rule however I have 3 other rules.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0
k2nnj1 (11)

how many rules should apply to the blockbuster rule? the last rule that
should act on it needs a stop processing. That rule should be the one that
moves it.

if you have 6 rules, stop processing only tells the rule to stop processing
rules on a message if the message meets the condition... the other 5 will
work on messages that don't meet the condition of the blockbuster rule.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> I am trying to create a rule where I can filer e-mails from Blockbuster
> and move them to the "blockbuster" folder.  I have three other rules that
> do the almost the same.
>
> No matter how I setup the rule outlook seems to only copy the e-mail and
> not move it.  The other rules I have setup (and function fine) simply move
> e-mail messages sent to a specific account and move such messages to a
> folder of my choosing.
>
> Here, all I want to do is move messages from a sender to a folder and I
> can't get it to work.  I have been told to add the "stop processing more
> messages" rule however I have 3 other rules.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/14/2008 9:49:16 PM
1 should apply.  Just to move the message.  Should I use the stop processing
rule on the blockbuster rule?

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> how many rules should apply to the blockbuster rule? the last rule that
> should act on it needs a stop processing. That rule should be the one that
> moves it.
>
> if you have 6 rules, stop processing only tells the rule to stop
> processing rules on a message if the message meets the condition... the
> other 5 will work on messages that don't meet the condition of the
> blockbuster rule.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I am trying to create a rule where I can filer e-mails from Blockbuster
>> and move them to the "blockbuster" folder.  I have three other rules that
>> do the almost the same.
>>
>> No matter how I setup the rule outlook seems to only copy the e-mail and
>> not move it.  The other rules I have setup (and function fine) simply
>> move e-mail messages sent to a specific account and move such messages to
>> a folder of my choosing.
>>
>> Here, all I want to do is move messages from a sender to a folder and I
>> can't get it to work.  I have been told to add the "stop processing more
>> messages" rule however I have 3 other rules.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0
k2nnj1 (11)
1/14/2008 10:26:13 PM
Yes. Stop processing on the blockbuster rule will move it and stop looking
to see if more rules apply to it.

--

> 1 should apply.  Just to move the message.  Should I use the stop
> processing rule on the blockbuster rule?
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> how many rules should apply to the blockbuster rule? the last rule that
>> should act on it needs a stop processing. That rule should be the one
>> that moves it.
>>
>> if you have 6 rules, stop processing only tells the rule to stop
>> processing rules on a message if the message meets the condition... the
>> other 5 will work on messages that don't meet the condition of the
>> blockbuster rule.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> I am trying to create a rule where I can filer e-mails from Blockbuster
>>> and move them to the "blockbuster" folder.  I have three other rules
>>> that do the almost the same.
>>>
>>> No matter how I setup the rule outlook seems to only copy the e-mail and
>>> not move it.  The other rules I have setup (and function fine) simply
>>> move e-mail messages sent to a specific account and move such messages
>>> to a folder of my choosing.
>>>
>>> Here, all I want to do is move messages from a sender to a folder and I
>>> can't get it to work.  I have been told to add the "stop processing more
>>> messages" rule however I have 3 other rules.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/14/2008 11:49:41 PM
Will that solve my problem?

> Yes. Stop processing on the blockbuster rule will move it and stop looking
> to see if more rules apply to it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> 1 should apply.  Just to move the message.  Should I use the stop
>> processing rule on the blockbuster rule?
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> how many rules should apply to the blockbuster rule? the last rule that
>>> should act on it needs a stop processing. That rule should be the one
>>> that moves it.
>>>
>>> if you have 6 rules, stop processing only tells the rule to stop
>>> processing rules on a message if the message meets the condition... the
>>> other 5 will work on messages that don't meet the condition of the
>>> blockbuster rule.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message

0
k2nnj1 (11)
1/15/2008 2:47:54 AM
Try it and see :)

--

> Will that solve my problem?
>
> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Yes. Stop processing on the blockbuster rule will move it and stop
>> looking to see if more rules apply to it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> 1 should apply.  Just to move the message.  Should I use the stop
>>> processing rule on the blockbuster rule?
>>>
>>> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/15/2008 3:56:22 AM
The "stop processing" rule worked.  Thank you.  Took 2 months to get a
correct answer that worked!

> Try it and see :)
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Will that solve my problem?
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes. Stop processing on the blockbuster rule will move it and stop
>>> looking to see if more rules apply to it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "K2NNJ" <k2nnj@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message

0
k2nnj1 (11)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

Print Preview, Office Mac X, Zoom not working
The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the document, as it is unreadable otherwise. The following MSKB article refers to Excel 98, but perhaps the same solution will work in your version: XL98: Zoom Button Is Unavailable in Print Preview http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=186869 Nick Shestople wrote: > The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the > document, as it is unreadable otherwise. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...