Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i

I had one user who noticed at the bottom it said.. folder last updated at
12:00 pm.. (when of course it was later in the day).. they had no new
emails.. it did say connected to Exchange..

All end users have Cached Exchange Mode on..
This is very odd.. i did find two workarounds..

First i did try removing the ost.. removing the profile..

I then re-added the account/profile.. All was fine until I added the second
and third embedded exchange mailboxes.  In this case it turned out the second
embedded account was causing it to get stuck on "waiting to update" this
folder, for the user's main inbox...

When i would remove the second embedded account (leaving the other embedded
account) all was fine.

I could either do this, creating another profile for that account (not
desired) or i found if i went into tools.. options.. mail setup..
send/receive.. i could set the timer to 1 minute (also had to hit account
properties and make sure the check box was set on "include this account")...

So i went with the timer option for now..

Has anyone every run into this specific case before?

0
markm75 (1)

Seems to be a problem with Offline Files in Outlook.  If you right-click Inbox > Properties and click the "Clear Offline Items" option, when you do a manual send/receive it seems to sync with Exchange again.

:)

markm7 wrote:

Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i
08-Jan-08

[...]

On 08 January 2008 11:26
markm7 wrote:

[...]

Visual Studio .NET 2005 - Unit Tests
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/10afa363-2697-401e-b333-d9cb7032fc99/visual-studio-net-2005-.aspx
0
Eva
11/16/2009 3:15:23 AM

"unknown" wrote:

>  If you take a look at the event logs on the Exchange server you might very well see a number of events like the one below for the affected users.  To fix we had to increase the default limits on the exchange server with  a registry update as decribed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830829.  The article releates to Exchange 2003 but the MS engineer we spoke to said the values are the same for Exchange 2007.  With Outlook 2007, more folders/messages are downloaded because of cached shared folders, especially for delegates or those with additional mailboxes added in the profile.

Another workaround is to uncheck the "Download shared folders" setting in
the cached mode settings from Outlook.  This did the trick for some of our
users before we made the reg changes on the server.

Hope this helps....

Event Type:        Error
Event Source:    MSExchangeIS
Event Category:                General
Event ID:              9646
Date:                     7/6/2009
Time:                     10:10:02 AM
User:                     N/A
Computer:         ExchangeServer
Mapi session "userdn" exceeded the maximum of 500 objects of type
"objtFolder".

0
Andy1200 (318)

Outlook/SBS 2003
Hello When I plug in a laptop which hasn't been on the SBS network since March, it sits there and says Waiting to Update Folder. How long should I wait? What else should I do? Create a new profile? ...

Cached Outlook 2003 hangs "waiting to update"
Running Echange server 2003. Laptop client Win XP PRO and Office 2003 (Outlook 2003)using "cached exchange". Network connection 100MB/s hardwired, fixed IP. Upon startup the message "waiting to update folder" for inbox stays up several minutes. When updating finally starts, a few Kb may take more than an hour to update. Have check the various KB articles and found no solution. Curious: If I run detect and repair (even without closing Outlook) the update recovers and continues at full network speed once the D&R process completes. If I am lucky, it will sti...

Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i
I had one user who noticed at the bottom it said.. folder last updated at 12:00 pm.. (when of course it was later in the day).. they had no new emails.. it did say connected to Exchange.. All end users have Cached Exchange Mode on.. This is very odd.. i did find two workarounds.. First i did try removing the ost.. removing the profile.. I then re-added the account/profile.. All was fine until I added the second and third embedded exchange mailboxes. In this case it turned out the second embedded account was causing it to get stuck on "waiting to update" this folder, ...

Waiting to update folder
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I am getting synchronizing errors on new folders that I create. I am using cache exchange mode. I tried deleting my .ost file and allowing it rebuilt. As soon as I create a new folder, and send/recieve I get the error below. I've tested between two different computers with AND two different account. In conclusion, on one account, creating new folders get synchronized. Good. The problem account says, shows "Waiting to update folder" for new folders created under Inbox. Other folders in other areas eventually update. So the problem mu...