Outlook 2007 gets "Cannot connect to exchange" server down message but 2003 is fine

We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007.  Both the 03 and the new
07 server are still running side by side while public folder
replication occurs.  The 03 exchange server is also our terminal
services computer.  I upgraded Outlook to 2007 on the 03/terminal
services machine.  All users except 2 had no problems on first log
in.  2 users though simply cannot connect to exchange.  All I get is a
generic "unable to connect to exchange" error message when opening
outlook.  Setting of the account automaticly fails or propets for
credentials which fails.  I have restarted the server and verified
permissions on the autoprovision in IIS on the new exchange server.

The users normal machines upgraded to 07 fine and can connect it is
only on this PC.  Installing Outllook on a fresh computer and trying
to login using one of the 2 bad users works just fine autoprovision
works great.

I have deleted the user account folder on the terminal services
machine and logged back in.  It started with a fresh account settings
but still believes it cannot connect.  From that user I can ping the
new email server and lookup the servers FQN.

I am clueless.....  8 other users have no problem on the same machine.
0
pmhager (12)

Outlook
Hi there, I wonder if someone can help me out with this problem!!\ I got a Win2K machine running Office 2000 on a NT4 Network. When the client opens outlook he gets the "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unavailable". This is the only person on-site who cannot connect. I can ping the exchange server from the PC, I can connect to all network shares except for getting emails. THe client recently upgraded the machine - new motherboards, cpu and memory. If anyone has any ideas on how to resolve this please help!!!! I am desperate and my call is now out of SLA!! Dhillan Ha...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange
Hello I am trying to add an account on Outlook for Exchange Server. In the process of adding the user, it asks for server name and user name. I put the server and put the user name and clicked on "Check Name" next to it, it is displaying the message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" The user is an active directory user but that name is not found on Global Address List. It is happening just for this user, everyone else is fine. I do not know if this can be done. Can we back up the mail box of that particular user...

Cannot Connect To Exchange Server
Running XP and Outlook 2003. Out of 35 desktops, two desktops cannot connect to the Exchange Server which were previously connected. I've ruled out the user accounts since I can set them up on different computers and connect without any issues. I cannot connect new users on the machines and deleting the profile didn't work either. I've also installed all updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kansas Maybe best to repost this to the Exchange newsgroup for a more comprehensive answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/lis...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Server
I'm having an issue with two PCs (both with Outlook 2003 and with both Windows XP SP2 RC1). This issue has been going on before XP SP2 RC1 and Outlook 2003 but I hoped by upgrading to newer versions it would resolve my issue but obviously no luck. The issue I am having is that I cannot access my Exchange server from the local intranet through Outlook. I can ping the server, I can get on via OWA but I cannot get on through Outlook itself. When I set up the profile and go to validate / "CHECK NAME" I see no activity lights over the LAN and it comes back 45 seconds lat...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Connect to Exchange
Hi everybody, I have a problem with my Outlook. It was running just fine this morning and then I had to install some VPN client software called Aventail. It's web-based and made some modifications to my security certificates. Following that, I haven't been able to connect to the Exchange Server to pick up my mail from Outlook (luckily, the web interface still works for me). Does anyone know how to fix this? Or am I going to be uninstalling Aventail and crossing my fingers? Can you ping the server and resolve its FQDN? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook...

Outlook 2003 cannot connect to Exchange #2
I have a problem with my Outlook 2003 client, recently, it stopped connecting to my Exchange server, no errors, no messages. it just won't connect. I tried looking through the MSKB articles to see what the problem could be, but none of them applied. I replaced the TCP/IP stack, I also uninstalled the entire Office application suite and reinstalled it with the same result. I can PING the exchange server so that's not the problem.... My user account / password are good. Anybody familliar with this problem ???? Thanks in advance, Joe Ambrose On Jul 4, 3:01 pm, "Joseph Amb...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange after Backup
I hope this is posted in the correct place, my issue is after any backup job is run, including echange or not, after the backup is finished no user can connect to the exchange server via outlook. This has only happened since a the admin changed schedules for xmas useing Backup Exec 7.x for SBS . SBS 4.5 with exchange 5.5 SP4 NT4 SP6 would be grateful for any help with this one NickF ...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange #2
Hi, Ever since I installed SP2 for my Exchange 2003, at least once a day all my Outlook clients cannot connect to Exchange. There is nothing I can do to fix the problem, all I do is just restart the entire server and all Outlook clients can connect. This is has been going on for 3 weeks and I need to resolve this and any help is greatly appreciated. There is no meaningful error log or any other information about the problem. OS: Windows 2003 STD App: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Updates: SP2 for Exchange 2003 and SP2 for Windows 2003 OS with all least updates. Hardware: Dell PwerEdge, D...

Regular Users Cannot Connect to Exchange 5.5
Hi Everyone, I need some help. One of our Exchange 5.5 (SP4) which is running on Windows 2000 (SP4) was rebooted (successfully) but run into the following issue: None of the regular user is able to access mailbox. In Security log, an event with error ID 533 - User not allowed to logon at this computer - was logged. After assigning the "log on locally" right to the domain user, which by default they don't have, they are able to access. Also, in System log, there is a new error since the server rebooting: Error ID 2000 - The server's call to a system service failed unexpe...

Suddenly Outlook Clients Cannot Connect To Exchange
Around 2:30 we start getting reports from users saying Outlook is telling them the Exchange server cannot be contacted. The affected users are dispersed and have no commonalities. Different OU’s, GP’s, subnets, even one of the admins was affected. By the end it looked like everyone but a handful of people were affected, but it’s hard to say as most had gone home. My computer always worked, I could log off and log back in and had no problems. If I went to another computer it wouldn’t work. Some users we tested with would log off, log back in and it would stop working. We restarted everything ...

VPN Client Outlook Cannot Connect to Exchange Server
VPN Client Outlook Cannot Connect to Exchange Server This just started recently. One day he could get his messages, and the next day he couldn't. No new software was installed. When he starts Outlook it tries to connect to the exchange server, but it can't.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

Outlook 2003 cannot connect to Exchange 2003 via VPN
Hi experts, Our company is using Exchange 2003 server and Outlook 2003 client, the configuration is working fine for 6 months already. However, recently we have some users experience connecting problem when they are using Nortel VPN + outlook 2003 to access email from their home. Those laptops are working fine in the office and when we test the machine in the direct internet in our office, it fails to connect. Outlook 2003 is trying to connect to the server and after a while it stop and become disconnected. I have tried an rpcping from the laptop to the exchange server it works. When...

Cannot connect to Exchange 5.5 server with Outlook 2003
I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 on my XP SP2 computer. I had troubles with the Outlook install and removed and re-installed. I am able to open POP mail, but cannot connect to our Exchange 5.5 server. I have applied all the patches for Office 2003. I believe I have tried all applicable command line switches. I have disabled cache mode and encryption. Help would be appreciated. Alan Just to add to this, I am having the exact same problem... >-----Original Message----- >I have upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 on my XP >SP2 computer. I had troubles w...

Cannot connect to Exchange server from Outlook client on Windows 2003 Server
This is sort of a repost as I have yet to find an answer to this issue. Search the KB's, googled to error message and have been led in the right direction but still no resolution. Here's my problem. When using using Outlook from a Windows 2003 Server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection I cannot use the Outlook client. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don'...

Outlook 2007 gets "Cannot connect to exchange" server down message but 2003 is fine
We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to 2007. Both the 03 and the new 07 server are still running side by side while public folder replication occurs. The 03 exchange server is also our terminal services computer. I upgraded Outlook to 2007 on the 03/terminal services machine. All users except 2 had no problems on first log in. 2 users though simply cannot connect to exchange. All I get is a generic "unable to connect to exchange" error message when opening outlook. Setting of the account automaticly fails or propets for credentials which fails. I have restarted the server and...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Dear MVP, I have problem in my office, there are 2 PC's under windows 98 and using office 2000. When I open Microsoft outlook, there is an error : "Cannot connect to exchange server". Is it problem using Microsoft Outlook 2000 in windows 98. Please your help Regards Can you ping the server and resolve the server by name? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Darlie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddd60...

Cannot Connect to Exchange 2003
I have just completed an Exchange2003 installation and everything went fine. I am able to connect to Exhange with the Outlook Web Access client and with Outlook Express. However when I try to add an Outlook 2003 clent i get the following error "The name could not be resolved. The Bookmark is Invalid" I have check AD and DNS and everything is worjing correctly. Please Help Thanks Rick Alain, Thanks for the help but I cannot seem to find the post you are refering to. I have search all newsgroupps with no results. Please Advise Thanks Again, Rick >-----Original Mess...

Cannot connect to exchange 2003 server!
Here is the situation: I originally had a Win 2000 Serv er (Domain Controller) running Exchange 2000. I have added a Windows Server 2003 Domain Controller and installed Exchange 2003 on it. I have moved over all users mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 server. I have removed Exchange 2000 from my Win 2000 Server. Everything works fine at this point. I have made the new 2003 Server the Operations Master and Global Catalog Master. When I shut down the Win 2000 Server, none of my users can connect to Exchange 2003. Please help!!! have you transferd the DNS server also?... and did you wa...

cannot connect to exchange server from some stations in the network
Hi there, Maybe someone can give me some help with the next issue. We are using SBS2000. We are also using a command-line smtp tool to simply send E-mail from scripts. Until a few weeks ago everything worked fine. Now however I can Telnet my SMTP server from some stations in the network, but not from others. when i use the tool it says: unexpected error 10053 from winsock Can anybody give me some hint on how to solve this? Thx! On 14 Feb 2005 08:00:35 -0800, lieuweh@xs4all.nl (lieuweh) wrote: >Hi there, > >Maybe someone can give me some help with the next issue. > >We ar...

cannot connect to exchange server from Exchange Administrator
Forgive me. I am new to exchange, and inherited a customer support role. My customer is running exchange 5.5 with MS small business server. Exchange is working good (sending and receiving mail), but I need to get into the Exchange 5.5 administrator application. When I try to connect to the server, I get the following error message: -------- A connection could not be made to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer 'SERVERNAME'. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_communications_problem ------ What does this mean? I...

Cannot connect to Exchange Server using Earthlink dial-up
Our remote sales reps all use Earthlink dial-up software to connect to the Internet, and then open up Outlook to connect to our Exchange 5.5 server to check/send/receive e-mail. They use Outlook 2000, and have offline folders set up. All has worked well until this morning. Now, they all get the message, "Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition exists." The first thing that I thought of was that Earthlink has all of a sudden started blocking access to the ports that Exchange requires....

NT Backup cannot connect to Exchange Server 2003
I have an organization with one Exchange Server 2003 standard SP2 over Windows Server 2000. After Exchanger Server breakage, I recover the backup in other machine with disaster recovery option, following the article 822945. Now I have working my Exchange Server, but I have the problem that when I try to make a backup with ntbackup Exchange add-in, when I click in backup folder in Microsoft Exchange branch ntbackup ask for remote store. If I put the name of the server it do nothing. Thanks Hi Have you selected the option on each information store "This database can be overwritte...

Cannot connect to exchange after changing Q's
I have my first Q problem. I had a user who got a Q and wound up getting a replacement. When I go to setup the new one I get an error: 0x85010001 your account in MS exchange does not have permission to sync with you current settings... I tried to sync the old Q with my user account and I get the same thing. I am the admin here so I can fix this If I could figure this out. Anyone ever see this? His account settings are fine and I did a master reset on the old Q. I had the old Q sync both accounts so I am not sure why this is happening now. Not sure on the specific issue...i'd whipe t...