Outlook 2007 & "Enter Network Password" Popup?

Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network
Password" popup windows?  I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002
issue only.  Can anyone dispute that?  Thanks

0
zeus661 (28)

Oops

"<--Mardman-->" <zeus661@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone that has been using OL 2007 experienced the "Enter Network
> Password" popup windows?  I was told by my ISP that it is an Outlook 2002
> issue only.  Can anyone dispute that?  Thanks

0
zeus661 (28)
12/16/2006 10:05:32 PM
I'm also seeing the same issue with Outlook 2007.  The KB article to fix the
problem doesn't work.
0
PhilBoyd (1)

why does enter network password keep appearing on my screen
I have tried to change my default email from outlook express to outlook but the message box "enter network password" keeps appearing every 5 minutes on my screen. How do i stop this happening? Timm <Timm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to change my default email from outlook express to > outlook but the message box "enter network password" keeps appearing > every 5 minutes on my screen. > How do i stop this happening? What version of Outlook and what type of account(s) are listed in your mail profile? -- Brian Tillman The Outlook...

Enter Network Password #7
I also have this problem. I am running Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. The Microsoft knowledge base provides a solution for Winodws 95/98, Windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000 - but no solution for XP. The solution can be found as KB290684. Can anyone help? ...

Enter Network Password #2
Hello, Starting Monday each of the workstations in my office have began repeatedly prompting for the "Network Password" when sending/receiving email in Outlook 2002 SP- 2. Incoming mail is recieved successfully when OK is pressed. I found the article 281791 and the issue is similiar, however multiple accounts are not being checked from these workstations. Does anyone have any suggestions to eliminate this behavior? -Trevor ...

Annoying "Enter Network Password" Box
Has anyone out there had a problem with the annoying "Enter Network Password" box continuously popping up ever few minutes or so. Okay so shoot me for still running Win98 and Outlook 2002 synch'd to a iPaq 5550. Aside from upgrading to XP, does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this from occuring?? Thanks in advance. You may take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "DennisOS" <anonymous@d...

I still get "Enter Network password" requests.
I'm on Outlook 2002, with SP1 & 2 installed, in an XP Pro environment. I have four POP3 e-mail addresses set up in Outlook, of which three are aliases and point to the fourth's actual e-mail address. All three of the aliases have had the "Receive mail items" unchecked in the "Send Receive Settings" for accounts and have turned off all but one for the "Send Receive Group". The primary "real" e-mail address has "Receive mail items" checked. I still continue to periodically get "Enter Network Password" messages. ...

'Enter network password' request when clicking send/receive
Sorry in advance for long message, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help sort this problem. I am trying to use Outlook 2002 again with my pop3 e-mail account, since yet another system recovery a few days ago. All the required settings with respect to incoming and outgoing mail server addresses, usernames and passwords, port numbers, etc are correct and as required according to what I have been told by Orange Customer Services. This application was working (relatively) fine before unremovable viruses and spyware had infected my pc. All the required settings for pop3 accounts are...

Test Account Settings asks to enter network password?????
Last week I tried setting up Outlook to get get my Yahoo Mail, when I hit Test Account Settings ... I had the problem I stated below. I was using a wireless NIC on my laptop to begin with then I tried a LAN line and I was able to set it up. Now today I tried sending an e-mail and it won't let me. I went back into E-mail Accounts to check my setting and when I clicked on Test Account Settings.... the same thing happened both with the wireless NIC and the LAN line My Problem: When I click on Test Account settings... a popup comes up asking me to enter network password. There ar...

XP Pro Fix For 'Enter Network Password '
I have two e-mail accounts set-up in Outlook. Whenever I open either or select the 'send/receive' button, I'm asked to "Enter Network Password." Even though I've checked the 'Save Password' box repeatedly, the issue is never resolved. I found an article showing how to fix this in Win 98, NT 4.0 and Win 2000 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;290684), but this article doesn't have instructions for Win XP Pro. Any guidance on fixing this problem for Win XP Pro would be greatly appreciated. mucrick For all Outlook versions...

"Enter Network Password" Problem
I have posted before in this group and received the suggestion to check out: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 and I did this and followed every step to try to resolve the problem of Outlook wanting me to enter my password every time I open the program and then every few minutes after that. I've even tried uninstalling the entire Outlook program and reinstalling, removing my email account and then adding it as a new one. The problem does not seem to be with Gmail, my email account. When I try to edit the registry to remove the information, there is nothing under the Protected Stor...

Enter Network Password keeps appearing
Hi, For some reason when Outlook is sending/checking for new messages it comes up 'Enter Network Password' this problem does not happen all the time only about 60% and this still happens even though I checked the box to save my password. Do you know why this is happening? Also have you got any idea why I receive approx 6 e-mails a day supposidly from Microsft telling me to update a patch etc? I just delete them as soon as I get them becuase Ive heard they are viruses. The e-mails are approx 120kb and have the same layout as your website. I have PC-Cillin but it does not su...

enter network password? why?
I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to enter my network password. I have never set up this password and just want it to go away...I can't send or receive messages til I do. (Using Outlook 2003) "=?Utf-8?B?QmVybiBUWA==?=" <Bern TX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:790E61F0-0F00-4B13-A874-DB29BCE49018@microsoft.com: > I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server > settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to >...

Enter Network Password keeps poping up
The error message "Enter Network Password" keeps poppin up. How do I get Outlook to accept the password? Your passwords may not be synced with the local password. Are you directly connected to the network or using VPN. I would connect to the network and then change your password. This will change it on the network and the local system. If this was already done and still being prompted check the Outlook setup to make sure it is not setup to prompt for password unless of course multiple people use Outlook on that system and then it would need to prompt for a password. Reg...

"Enter Network Password" Keeps Popping Up
Have WinXP Home and recently I've been getting the "Enter Network Password" dialogue box popping up at inopportune times. How do I get rid of this? Thanks. May be, ticking the save password box would help. >-----Original Message----- >Have WinXP Home and recently I've been getting the "Enter Network Password" >dialogue box popping up at inopportune times. How do I get rid of this? > >Thanks. > > >. > ...

Enter Network Password Still!!
Please, please help me! I've get the ENP prompt for every single email I receive (on all 3 accounts) even though the password is clearly typed and I have followed the MS K Base article 275465 to the letter. It's driving me nuts as I need Outlook (2002) open all day and it interrupts everything I'm doing to give this prompt which I have to OK for every single email (including the 120+ junk porn mails I'm getting every day recently too!). Have downloaded Qurb on trial to sort that but still get the prompts. I think I'm going mad!!!!! please help. Ta. Sally Ar...

How to stop annoying Enter Network Password popup box?
Whenever I check my email using outlook (through comcast pop3 account), I get the Enter Network Password box over and over again. The box has my correct password entered by default into the password field. If I do nothing with the box and just wait, the emails all still download from the comcast pop3 server. But if I click Okay after selecting "save this password in your password list" to get the box to go away, it just disappears and immediately reappears until all my emails are downloaded. This is very annoying since the popup always becomes the topmost window. I can't fig...

Enter network password #10
Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail accounts. How to fix please? Most likely it wants the password for your email account. Did you enter it correctly when you set up your email accounts? "Edison Stewart" <edison.stewart@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:1dd5401c454d6$8df6e900$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Upgraded to Outlook 2002 (XP) and I keep getting this > annoying Enter Network Password message on all my e-mail > accounts. How to fix please? See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 o...

Enter Network Password PopUp
I use MS Outlook for my small business. I am encountering an annoying and recurring PopUp when I open Outlook, or click Send/Receive. It asks me to (Enter Network Password) - requiring name & password. Doesn't matter whether I click OK or Cancel or Re-enter P.W.- - it continues incessantly! I use MS Outlook 2003 & Windows XP. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Happy Holidays... You might look at this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312630 <pacificwest@safe-mail.net> wrote in message news:1135360367.240954.2136...

"Enter Network Password" #3
I seem to receive the above dialogue box with increasing regularity. It presents with my log-in and password details all pre-filled but clicking on 'OK' only succeeds in making it disappear for a few seconds before it pops-up again. The only way of getting rid of it is to click on 'Cancel' and it is then removed for 3-4 minutes before appearing again. In the meantime I can't receive any e-mails (although I can send them OK). I seem to experience episodes of this that often last several days and then the problem goes away again for weeks/months. Any ideas? Highly...

"Enter Network Password" #2
I am using Outlook 2002 under XP, with a LAN connected with an Ethernet card. Outlook keeps prompting me with a pop-up requesting me to enter the network password. The window suggests the passowrd (which is correct) and even offer to save the passowrd. Nevertheless, the window comes back everytime outlook logs onto my POP3 to look for new mail. help appreciated G If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support....

Enter Network Password #6
Anyone help please? Over the last few days I have had to repeatedly enter network password for my email. Checking the box to save it doesn't work either. It's driving me mad. Any clues please guys. dr dodge ...

PING *.MVP
This problem is of obvious concern to a great many people as indicated through numerous submissions to this newsgroup. Speaking for myself, I've read all the KB articles,hints, suggestions et al in an effort to remedy the problem. However, the reality is that there doesn't seem to be a solution at least not one that I'm aware of. I guess the question begs to be asked "What is Microsoft doing about this issue". Collectively we've spent thousands of dollars on this software - it's buggy and not working as it should. Zyggy (Windows XP home & Outlook 2002) You ...

'Enter Network Password' won't go away
Even after logging on, the "Enter Network Password" screen continues to pop up over and over. I have tried checking the 'remember my password" box, but nothing seems to work. Any help? ...

Outlook 2003 shows "Enter network password" every time I hit send/receive
OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission in registry, and have re-created the mail profile. Nothing helps. Any ideas? /M I seem to be having the same problem. I haven't tried the procedure MS posted about resetting thre registry. I'm lost also. >-----Original Message----- >OL 2003 seems to have a bug. I have a pop account which it can't remember >the password for, no matter what I do. Have tried giving correct permission >in registry, and have re-c...

Why do I get 'Enter Network Password' after every email?
As far as I am aware there has been no upgrade dowloaded on my computer but it has started a pop up message EVERY time there is any activity in my mailbox. 'Please Type User Name & Password' It doesn't matter whether you cancel, ok or X out of it the next time something happens up it pops again. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this process from happening. Thank You "Password Issues" <Password Issues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98004153-B69A-4A09-BF8B-9DD1B26B447F@microsoft.com... > As far as I am aware there ha...

enter network password.
Dear All, I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using Outlook 2002. Could anyone suggest how I can turn this off. Thanks Neil I should add that the dialogue box requesting the passwaord appeats dp frequently that I have difficulty typing this email. I check the save password option each time to noe effect. "Neil Smith" <savispud2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:eA60un7bGHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > I am being prompted to "Enter Network Password" continually when using > Outlook 2002. ...