Outlook 2004 to Entourage

Is there any way to move my pc Outlook 2004 messages, contacts, notes, tasks
& calendar over to Entourage 2004?

Forever grateful!

LS

There is no Outlook 2004, the latest is Outlook 2003. Do you mean the
Windows Outlook 2003?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, lynsun(don'tdare)@ asked:

| Is there any way to move my pc Outlook 2004 messages, contacts,
| notes, tasks & calendar over to Entourage 2004?
|
| Forever grateful!
|
| LS

0
MillyS (3228)

outlook 2000 animated drop down menus-how to turn them OFF!
Hi there, I had to uninstall/reinstall and all of a sudden my drop down menus take several seconds to drop down...They open very s l o w l y and with a kind of jerky movement which I would think is an option I can just turn off somewhere? I do have control panel/system/ advanced/performance/settings set for "best performance" which deselects "animate drop down menus when opening closing". Any other ideas would be very much appreciated, it's very annoying having to wait so long for them to drop down all the way. TIA, Randy G. Randy Brown <randy@crystalcle...

Moving to Outlook 2002 from Outlook Express 6
I would really like to make this move as my new mobile phone will sync with Outlook Calendar and appointments. But I am finding it somewhat frustrating. On the positive side - several thousand and 1.8GB of messages in 100 plus folders were imported by Outlook with the folder (and sub folders) structure intact. But things are not so good with Rules and specially contacts. 1. Some OE rules work in Outlook - some do not. But I can live with fixing those which do not. 2. Have tried importing 748 OE contacts (including 14 groups) into Outlook. So far, despite trying the 3 different duplicate...

Outlook 2003 very slow
I recently performed a clean install of Windows XP along with Office XP. What I notice now which really is bugging me is when I go to read my email. The response to preview the email is very very slow. These are not emails that are being dowloaded, they are emails that I already placed in either my inbox or in a personal folder. It takes about 5 seconds for the email preview to show up when it used to be almost instantaneous. One other thing I noticed it that when I click on any email I see activity on my router like Outlook is checking a mail server every time. I am using SMTP...

Not able to send msgs from outlook
My out going mail does not seem to work! i have put in the smtp address & know it is right, I can type a new mail & send it to the out box but it doesnt go from there. Clicking on the send receive button also does not help. Please help me You first. Version of Outlook? Send/receive settings? Connection type (Internet Explorer->Tools->Options), etc? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Aft...

how to set up email address for outlook 2003
Hello. I have just put Microsoft Office 2003 onto my computer but i cant get my email working. The email all opens, i can go in and write an email but when i go to send it says the server cannot be found and also i did not enter an email address or anything like that so how do i get an email address for outlook 2003? Any help or advice on how i should set this up would be really appreciated. Thanks x debbie In OL Tools>Accounts add an email account using the info supplied by your ISP. Then in the same account window test the account. NB your ISP may give info for setting up Outlook ...

Outlooks exits after opening
Outlook has been working great for years now. After launching the program, Outlook opens for about a second and then exits. I have tried running it with the safe command, editing the registry, installing SP3, and also scanpst.exe. None of the suggestions have fixed the problem. Anyone have any great ideas? ...

Editing Source Code in Outlook like in Outlook Express?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C4E282.61C801E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In Express I've authored an email for my company to email to our = customers. I can edit the source code directly. Can I open an Express = email in Outlook and put my code into it? I haven't found the way to = view and edit source like in Express. Can anyone tell me what I'm overlooking? Thanks, Gary ------=_NextPart_000_0099_01C4E282.61C801E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windo...

neue Mail: nach Eingabe in "An:" bricht Outlook 2003 ab, warum?
Seit ein paar Tagen kann ich in die Zeilen An: Cc: und Bcc: nix mehr eingeben. Der Cursor ist da, wenn ich einen Buchstaben eingebe oder eine E-Mail-Adresse über die Zwischenablage einfügen will, bricht Outlook ab mit der Meldung: "MSO Outlook hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden" Fehlerbericht an MS, dann Neustart von Outlook. Hab die Updates für Office 2003 heruntergeladen, ohne Erfolg. Bitte helft mir !!!!! ...

Forms in Outlook 2007
Probably a silly question... How do you customise forms in 2007? Specifically I want to customise my appointment form in such a way that when I right click on the individual appointment and hit print, it prints out a customised form that I can then take with me and use as a job sheet? I've had quite a good look at Help, but don't seem to be able to find anything on how to alter the default form or how to create a new form and make it the default. Any help, links, etc. would really be appreciated. Thanks. Grant Try http://www.outlookcode.com for starters. It gives you advanced...

Problems with Outlook 2002 on XP
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP. No matter what I try to do, the program still seems to hang up several times a day (particularly when checking for mail). The "freeze" usually last 1-3 minutes. Sometimes only Outlook freezes, sometimes it affects the entire computer. I have disabled Instant Messenging in the Tool Options (the problem used to be worse). In reviewing some of the other postings here, I have seen some mention of Winfax (I am running Winfax Pro 10.02 as part of Norton SystemWorks 2003) and HP Printers (I have both an OfficJet 7100 series and DeskJet 990 hook...

Outlook 2000 or XP on Exchange 2003 SBS
it appears that the only way Outlook XP and 2000 users can receive their emails is when they highlight an email already in their inbox. For instance, if they are in their Word program and they look into their Outlook, without highlighting an email on their inbox, it would show that they have not receive any emails. However, the moment they highlight an email in their inbox, then they'll receive about 5 emails that appears to have been in some type of queue. It's obvious that they were in there for quite a while because of the time that they were sent. Are these client run...

Outlook receiving old e-mail multiple times?
I am running Windows XP professional and Office 2003 office. I am connecting from my computer using a pop3 connection from home. For some reason when I connect I get all the new e-mail and e-mail from 10 days ago. These old e-mails were already deleted once. The next day I connect I get OLD e-mail from 10 days ago. I do not understand what is happening. I do have two computers I am not having this issue with the other one. Please advise what I should do to resolve this problem. Thank you in advance for your help! Perhaps you had select "remain the mail on the server&quo...

Outlook Client 2002
when emailing a local distribution list some receipents can open and view list, while others only see attachmentname.msg and when attachment is opened nothing is displayed. What causes this and how can it be resolved? .. Dale <rolfed@saic.com> wrote: > when emailing a local distribution list some receipents > can open and view list, while others only see > attachmentname.msg and when attachment is opened nothing > is displayed. What causes this and how can it be resolved? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook problem #29
Hi My Outlook Ex. does not write sent e-mail to "Sent Items" folder when sending an email. Everything was ok, and few days ego it stoped working properly. Tools>Otions>Send>Save... option is set. Please help. Regards Mick Mick <mick77@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: > My Outlook Ex. does not write sent e-mail to "Sent Items" folder > when sending an email. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

outlook automation in javascript
guys I'm looking for an authoritive object model of the Outlook ActiveX control for javascript. I access the control via outlook = new ActiveXObject( "Outlook.Application"); in my web page but I cannot seem to access the complete object model as detailed in the Outlook VBA Object Browser. For example, outlook.OlItemType.olAppointmentItem and Outlook.OlltemType.olAppointmentItem do not get anything. Is this a limitation of ActiveX (don't think so) or a limitation of javascript (possibly, but I don't see why an incomplete model is available at all in that case). Im tryin...

Newsgroups in Outlook 2007
By now, I understand that Outlook 2007 doesn't support natively news groups. What I don't understand is why MS would leave that feature out (consistently through all Outlook versions). Any insights/comments/rumors/guesses on why Outlook 2007 doesn't support news groups? ++Hector C. PS. If Thunderbird had a better calendar ... "Hector C." <hhcalderon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eIcaZBW9HHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > By now, I understand that Outlook 2007 doesn't support natively news > groups. What I don't understand is why MS would lea...

Where are the Outlook 2000 configuration files in W2k?
Hello. Somebody knows where keeps Windows 2000 the information about the mail accounts defined in Outlook 2000? I know that it is in one of the files of the user's profile , but I don't know in which. Thank you. Hi RQP; >I know that it is in one of > the files of the user's profile >, but I don't know in which. Account information is held in the user's Windows registry, not in a file, but you export the accounts into a file. Have a look on this site for further information: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Public OutLook: Ou...

Outlook 2003 not responding (hangs)
Hi .. my Outlook 2003 hangs or stops responding when looking up contacts ... Takes 1-3 minutes to look up a contact .. not responding .. and then recovers. Have XP-SP2 + NortonAntivirus 2003 Pro + ZoneLabs Pro if that could give any clue ! Help needed .. and solutions appreciated. ViVaLux Where's your PST file located? Local computer, or on a network? How big is your PST file, and have you compacted it lately? What happens if you disable Norton's mail scanning? Installed all Office 2003 updates from Office Update? vivalux wrote: > Hi .. my Outlook 2003 hangs or stops responding...

Outlook shutdown problems
Every time I shutdown Outloook, I receive an error" M Office Outlook has entountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry etc. Then there is : Appname: Outlook.exe Exception 0xc0000005 System InformationL Wndows NT & $.5 Build 2600 etc and then it mentions: C\Temp\44512108.cvr I have deleted the cvr files but that did not work either. I really need some help! Thanks ...

How do I import Outlook Notes?
I recently changed jobs. At my last office, I stored information on Outlook Notes. I exported those Notes to a disc. But I am having difficulty importing those files into Outlook on a different computer. I can see the files in Windows explorer, but they don't appear when i go through Import and Export Did you export those Notes to a PST file on your disk? In that case, when you copy the Notes back to your PC, remove the read only attribute (right-click, scroll to properties). Then in Outlook simply click File > Open and browse to your Notes PST file. Don't import/...

Removing Entourage Sync from MobileMe

Outlook 2000 default
I want to make Outlook my default email handler. When I go into control panel, mail,,,or Explorer options, outlook express is highlighted, but Outlook is not an option. Outlook works fine, but I cannot make it the default all applications. Help? Do you have any e-mail accounts installed yet? If so, try deleting and recreating the default account and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:024501c39741$229eb280$a401280a@...

Outlook Authentication Mechanisms for SMTP
Hi, Can anyone tell me if outlook support the following authentication mechanisms: Plain, Login, and Cram md5 Of those, it only supports Login. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c401c3d518$1263af00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, Can anyone tell me if outlook support the following > authentication mechanisms: > > Plain, Login, and Cram md5 ...

Holidays 2006/7 for Outlook
Where can I find holidays updates for 2006/7 for my Outlook 2002 Calendar? Are they available somewhere for download or do I need to create them myself? Jeff Jeff wrote: > Where can I find holidays updates for 2006/7 for my Outlook 2002 > Calendar? Are they available somewhere for download or do I need to > create them myself? > > Jeff Found them.. Sorry. Jeff Jeff wrote: > Jeff wrote: >> Where can I find holidays updates for 2006/7 for my Outlook 2002 >> Calendar? Are they available somewhere for download or do I need to >> create them myself? ...

Outlook 2010 Categories not showing for some email
I use categories alot with my Exchange account in Outlook 2010. Just a month a ago the categories started not showing on some emails but are visible on others. The toolbar option is there and seems to work, but the categories don't show on my Subject-grouped/threaded Inbox. (I can open the individual email up and see that does save.) Also, if is of interest, some of my emails also no longer group correctly in the threaded view. Maybe related? It seems to be that emails from certain senders are the problem ones. If it is useful to know I downdload all the mail into a local "Perso...