Outlook 2003 wont send email-very weird

Greetings.
Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003
Teacher/Student edition)
The other day I found out that email I have been sending
have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes
into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent
box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this
many times. All the email in my sent box never actually
goes anywhere.
I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my
ISP just fine.
I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail
I have installed all updates to no avail
I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no
avail.
Have turned Norton AntiVirus off to no avail.
What is really weird:
I receive email, no prob.
Doing a TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS actually generates a
succesfully sent email.
Did some checking and some email DID get sent. Realized
that email with attachements were sent. But not all of
them. Did some more tests. email with attachments 60kb or
over will actually send. email with attachments under
60kb end up in my sent box but dont actually send.
Actually, the less than 60kb attachements were under
30kb. I havent actually tested for what exact attachment
size between 30 and 60 will generate a true sent email.
I can't believe it, but it is true. Only email with 60kb
or more attachments actually send. All others falsely sit
in my sent box and mock me.
You can only the imagine the repurcussions of having
thought I successfully sent email for school, work, and
personal over the last two weeks.
I used my precious free incident with Microsoft and the
tech was as baffled as I. I was told that techs would
research it and get back to me in three business days.
That was yesterday. I actually discovered the weird
attachment thing today.
Am I doomed to having to resort to using Outlook Express?
Will I have to send a freaking attachment (60kb or more)
everytime if I want to keep using Outlook to send an
email?
Will the MS Techs really call me back?
Anybody have ANY idea as to what the heck is going on??
Thanks!
Bob
0
anonymous (74721)

I would assume that norton is probably causing the problem.  If you removed norton from add/remove programs norton is still active on your computer to some degree. I would try booting the computer in safe mode with networking and sees what happens.

(And yes they will call you)

     ----- gradedog wrote: -----

[...]

1/25/2004 1:16:03 PM
verify that its not the server you are sending to that has the problem. I
frequently send to aa.com web server and they will not accept from my isp, I
have to use hotmail account in my outlook 2003.

--
Dave M
Etna, Maine USA

"gradedog" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings.
> Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003
> Teacher/Student edition)
> The other day I found out that email I have been sending
> have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes
> into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent
> box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this
> many times. All the email in my sent box never actually
> goes anywhere.
> I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my
> ISP just fine.
> I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail
> I have installed all updates to no avail
> I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no
> avail.
> Have turned Norton AntiVirus off to no avail.
> What is really weird:
> I receive email, no prob.
> Doing a TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS actually generates a
> succesfully sent email.
> Did some checking and some email DID get sent. Realized
> that email with attachements were sent. But not all of
> them. Did some more tests. email with attachments 60kb or
> over will actually send. email with attachments under
> 60kb end up in my sent box but dont actually send.
> Actually, the less than 60kb attachements were under
> 30kb. I havent actually tested for what exact attachment
> size between 30 and 60 will generate a true sent email.
> I can't believe it, but it is true. Only email with 60kb
> or more attachments actually send. All others falsely sit
> in my sent box and mock me.
> You can only the imagine the repurcussions of having
> thought I successfully sent email for school, work, and
> personal over the last two weeks.
> I used my precious free incident with Microsoft and the
> tech was as baffled as I. I was told that techs would
> research it and get back to me in three business days.
> That was yesterday. I actually discovered the weird
> attachment thing today.
> Am I doomed to having to resort to using Outlook Express?
> Will I have to send a freaking attachment (60kb or more)
> everytime if I want to keep using Outlook to send an
> email?
> Will the MS Techs really call me back?
> Anybody have ANY idea as to what the heck is going on??
> Thanks!
> Bob

0
dmacleo (17)
1/25/2004 3:44:26 PM
Greetings.
Tried rebooting in safe mode with networking and have the
same problem.
The problem isnt my ISP, I can send with Outlook Express.
Oh well. Tomorrow is the day Microsoft is supoosed to
call me back
Any other ideas?
Thanks for the help!
Bob

0
anonymous (74721)
1/27/2004 4:58:36 AM
I have just discovered that the same thing has been happening to me fo
the past six weeks in Outlook 2000 ... so I bought 2003 and uninstalle
2000 and guess what ?

Yes, you guessed it ... the same thing is now happening in 2003.

Mail is sent according to Outlook and filed in the Send directory bu
it isnt really being sent.

But the other 4 machines on the same network are wotking perfectly.

Did you ever resolve this issue ?

gradedog wrote:
> *Greetings.
> Last month installed Outlook 2003(Office 2003
> Teacher/Student edition)
> The other day I found out that email I have been sending
> have not really been sent. Did some tests. Email goes
> into outbox fine. Email sends and then goes into my sent
> box. BUT, it never really gets sent. I have tested this
> many times. All the email in my sent box never actually
> goes anywhere.
> I have setup Outlook Express and it sends email with my
> ISP just fine.
> I have done a TEST AND REPAIR to no avail
> I have installed all updates to no avail
> I have uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled it to no
> avail.
> Have turned Norton AntiVirus off to no avail.
> What is really weird:
> I receive email, no prob.
> Doing a TEST ACCOUNT SETTINGS actually generates a
> succesfully sent email.
> Did some checking and some email DID get sent. Realized
> that email with attachements were sent. But not all of
> them. Did some more tests. email with attachments 60kb or
> over will actually send. email with attachments under
> 60kb end up in my sent box but dont actually send.
> Actually, the less than 60kb attachements were under
> 30kb. I havent actually tested for what exact attachment
> size between 30 and 60 will generate a true sent email.
> I can't believe it, but it is true. Only email with 60kb
> or more attachments actually send. All others falsely sit
> in my sent box and mock me.
> You can only the imagine the repurcussions of having
> thought I successfully sent email for school, work, and
> personal over the last two weeks.
> I used my precious free incident with Microsoft and the
> tech was as baffled as I. I was told that techs would
> research it and get back to me in three business days.
> That was yesterday. I actually discovered the weird
> attachment thing today.
> Am I doomed to having to resort to using Outlook Express?
> Will I have to send a freaking attachment (60kb or more)
> everytime if I want to keep using Outlook to send an
> email?
> Will the MS Techs really call me back?
> Anybody have ANY idea as to what the heck is going on??
> Thanks!
> Bob

-
beasti

Any luck on this issue? I too am now experiencing the same thing.  on
workstation is not cooperating w/ outlook.

-Jeremy

beastie wrote:
> *I have just discovered that the same thing has been happening to m
> for the past six weeks in Outlook 2000 ... so I bought 2003 an
> uninstalled 2000 and guess what ?
>
> Yes, you guessed it ... the same thing is now happening in 2003.
>
> Mail is sent according to Outlook and filed in the Send directory bu
> it isnt really being sent.
>
> But the other 4 machines on the same network are wotking perfectly.
>
> Did you ever resolve this issue ?

-
HineJ

Outlook and Loutus Notes
We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can I do this and if so how? Thanks for any help Steve Clark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are using Lotus Notes R5 at work and I would like this > to "automatically" update my Outlook 2002 software. Can you be more explicit in what you mean by this? It sounds like you're saying you want Notes to automatically install Outlook updates. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-19...

outlook 2000 meeting request to outlook 2003
Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other than to upgrade? Thanks Sorry, I forgot to add that I want the persons using Outlook 2003 to be able to add the meeting requests from Outlook 2000. "How" <how_kong@shaw...

outlook xp AND outlook 2003
I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in the Add/Remove programs list. There is no such thing as Outlook XP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, rrose selavy asked: | I've upgraded to Office 2003, but I still see 483 MB of Outlook XP in | the Add/Remove programs list. OK...how about OUTLOOK that comes as part of OFFICE XP...aka OFFICE 2002? Without any furious head scrat...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...

Outlook #182
when I creates a Calendar entry it also creates a task. My task entries are up to 20. How can I resolve this issue? ...

Outlook to Outlook Express
Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they compatable? >-----Original Message----- >Any way to bring addresses from Outlook Express into >Outlook? Copy and Paste doesnt seem to work. Are they >compatable? >. >Try the import wizard. Click File, then Import, then Import Mail & Addresses ...

Outlook send format
When replying on a E-mail the format of the e-mail changes. In stead of answering the E-mail in RTF the mail is answered in normal text. Is there a setting where it is posible to mark that the mails should be foced to send the mail in RTF? It functions when creating a new mail, it is only when replying on a mail. When replying or forwarding, Outlook will always try to use the format that the original message was in. For example, if the original message is in Plain Text, Outlook will try to reply in Plain Text. You can force Outlook to always send to a certain contact in Rich Text mo...

Send to One Note
Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 bit machine? Tim Tim wrote: > Is there anywhere to get an Send to One Note printer driver for a 64 > bit machine? 1.) YES! Pls see: David Rasmussen: OneNote Print Driver – A 64 Bit Solution http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/04/22/onenote-print-driver-a-64-bit-solution.aspx 2.) Install ON2010 from the Office 2010 Beta. The 64-bit printer is built-in there. Rainald The Office 2010 Beta has 64 bit support for the printer. For OneNote 2007, there is a workaround at http://blog...

Outlook 2007 Beta -- IE Script Error
Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the following information: Line: 298 char: 1 Error: Library not registered Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Pop saying operation failed because of a registry or installantion problem. answering yes or no provides the same out come I'm getting this same type of problem when I attempt to change "Outlook Today". "coqui" wrote: > Every time I try to open outlook 2007 beta I get an IE script error with the > following information: &...

Integration with Outlook
We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Since the product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts in Outlook automatically added to CRM? If not, is there a way I can select contacts to be added? In CRM v3.0, you can promote Outlook contacts to CRM. Unfortunately, you cannot do multiple contacts at one time, and must do them individually. This is a suggestion we are considering for a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Larry S." <LarryS@discu...

how to resetC:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.
This message always apears after I try to start Outlook 2007 . Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\users\Ron|Appdata\local\microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. It worked now the bugger has gone on holiday. Please help I can' access any of my stored e-mails ...

outlook 2003 #212
After working with outlook2003 (upgrade to office 2003 from xp), trying to close it, the main window closed but in the task manager outlook.exe is still working. Can not open outlook again unless end task first. ...

Outlook Express #242
In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via Outlook Express. milton <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In the last two weeks, most of the people I have sent > email to have not received them. I am using Hotmail via > Outlook Express. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

dial phone from outlook
Hello, I wish to dial my phone through Outlook. I am able to dial, but once the phone starts ringing, I can not hear it on my pc. If I pick up the other phone extension, I can hear the call and it works, but I want to talk and listen to the call through my pc. Anybody have any ideas? Not sure what else you expected, but that's the expected behavior. It has nothing to do with Outlook. Outlook just invokes the Windows dialer. All the Windows dialer does is dial phone numbers. It knows nothing about voice modems. Apparently you are looking for a product that supports voice modems. If yo...

free pdf email question
I have a report that I would like to email as a pdf attachment. I have "free pdf" installed that will create pdf files. It is possible of course to print the report to the "pdf printer", and save/send the pdf from within the free pdf application. Anybody who can drop a hint how i could fully automate the process ? I.e. open the report, save a pdf file to disk and email that through one vba code from within a form ? regards, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from ht...

ESM and outlook
Can this reallt be true? --------------- Microsoft says emphatically over and over that you cannot install Outlook and any part of Exchange, even just ESM, on the same machine, without "breaking Outlook or Exchange". --------------- I want to be able to use Exchange System Manager on a machine which have outlook installed. I mean then goes the whole idea of administering almost everything from you client machine. Regards Michael I have Outlook 2003 plus exchange 2000 system manager working on windows 2000 pro SP4 with no problems. Simon "Michael" <michael@evande...

clean uninstall for Outlook
I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup Outlook all over again? >-----Original Message----- >I have downloaded 2 utility tools from Microsoft's website >to uninstall Outlook cleanly but after uninstalling all >of office, it brings back the old Outlook profile and >settings. Does anyone have a good tool to get it to setup >Outlook all over again? >. > Go into the ...

Outlook 2007
It seems that a mail thread where leaving the original (and corresponding replies) embedded in the message eventually gets delivered back to my Outlook 2007 pop3 account truncated. A majority of the original message and earlier replies seems to get removed after the third iteration. I have scrubbed my settings and have tested this to one webmail based account and can't determine where this is occurring. I have read on different (non ms) forums that this has been an Outlook problem for years. I am looking for official word from Microsoft pertaining to this "feature.&q...

Outlook & Outlook Express #3
My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, I get an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this page." Line: 2021 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified error Code: 0 URL: res://ieframe.dll/previes.dlg ================================== Can anyone help me with this problem? > My outlook express 6 works good, but when I try to pring my messages, > I get > an error message saying, "An error has occurred in the script on this > page." > Line: 2021 > Char: 1 > Error: Unspecified error > Code: 0 > URL: re...

Outlook email
I am trying tohelp a friend. He has XP and is using Outlook for email He has muliple accounts set up He is able to send out email on acounts 1 ,2, 3, 4, not 5 All mail setting are set to the correct POP and SMTP settings. He is able to telnet to the SMTP server for that account. I have addded a new profile - that one can't send out email I have removed the Office and reinstalled - still nothing Any ideas would be appreciated thanks Vasia ...

Control ID for Outlook Purge Outlook 2007
I am try to create a policy using administrative temples. The software is Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003. I retain emails that have been removed from the deleted items folder for 90 days. I want to prevent users from purging those emails. In outlook 2003, everyone knew the Control ID to create a custom disable group policy. For some reason, nobody seems to know the control ID. Setti=ng it to the control id that worked with Outlook 2003 does not seem to work. Does anyone know the control ID? Is it in the list? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...

swapping from Outlook to Outlook Express
Hi, I used before Outlook as I worked in a LAN. Now, I have not access to the Exchange Server and therefor I use Outlook Explorer 6. I tried to configure Hotmail to the existing Outlook but I did not succeed. If I could I would use Outlook because it has more features e.g. synchronize tasks, calendar. I get the following Error when I start Outlook: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Oulook and set it as the defaul mail client". Question: is it possible to configure Outlook for use of Hotm...

Outlook Survey Feature
I understand that OUTLOOK has a feature that will allow me to send an electronic survey to my staff in the field. After they have responded, their votes can be tabulated. The survey is supposedly done via a "voting" feature. Does anyone know how that works? Thanks! See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/sendform.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b0a01c39cad$ac4c4260$a601280a@...

Sending email problem
Recently, when I send an email, and then, click on Send, the email just sits there. I often have to click on Send several times before the email actually leaves my Outbox. Each Send/Receive completes successfully whether or not the email is sent. There are never any error messages and eventually the message is sent, but only after several attempts to send it. The emails are not stuck in my Outlook, but there is ALWAYS a considerable delay in sending. I have a couple of different email addresses. It doesn't matter which address I use to send from (Hotmail, Gmail, or a...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...