Outlook 2003 - Undo Delete never recovers the correct message...

When I am going through my inbox in the morning and I sometimes
prematurely delete a message.  When I use Ctrl+Z to try and get that
message back Outlook always brings back the wrong message to my
inbox.  It is always a message that was deleted earlier than the one I
just deleted.  Can anyone tell me why this is or how I can fix it?

0
dewey1973 (5)

are you using exchange server in cached mode?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"dewey1973" <dewey1973@gmail.com> wrote in message
> When I am going through my inbox in the morning and I sometimes
> prematurely delete a message.  When I use Ctrl+Z to try and get that
> message back Outlook always brings back the wrong message to my
> inbox.  It is always a message that was deleted earlier than the one I
> just deleted.  Can anyone tell me why this is or how I can fix it?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/4/2007 3:05:43 PM
No.  Our company does not use cached mode.

On Oct 4, 8:05 am, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> are you using exchange server in cached mode?

0
dewey1973 (5)
10/5/2007 4:56:20 PM
Does it have to be in cached mode for the undo delete to work
correctly?

0
dewey1973 (5)
10/8/2007 7:04:49 AM
On Oct 8, 12:04 am, dewey1973 <dewey1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does it have to be in cached mode for the undo delete to work
> correctly?

Can ANYONE help me with this?

0
dewey1973 (5)
10/15/2007 5:42:44 PM
>> Does it have to be in cached mode for the undo delete to work
>> correctly?
>
> Can ANYONE help me with this?

Well, I'll bite...

What message *does* it Undelete?
Is the message you want to restore in the Deleted Items folder?
Does it *always* do it?
How are you deleting the message?  What are the *exact* steps you follow to
make this not work?
What type of mail server?  You mention cached mode, so I'll assume Exchange,
but, I want ot make sure.
Is the mail in a PST or on the server itself?
--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
10/15/2007 6:42:18 PM
On Oct 15, 11:42 am, "F. H. Muffman" <f.h.muff...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "dewey1973" <dewey1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Does it have to be in cached mode for the undo delete to work
> >> correctly?
>
> > Can ANYONE help me with this?
>
> Well, I'll bite...
>
> What message *does* it Undelete?
> Is the message you want to restore in the Deleted Items folder?
> Does it *always* do it?
> How are you deleting the message?  What are the *exact* steps you follow to
> make this not work?
> What type of mail server?  You mention cached mode, so I'll assume Exchange,
> but, I want ot make sure.
> Is the mail in a PST or on the server itself?
> --
> f.h.

It usually undeletes a message deleted earlier in the day or nothing
at all.
The message I'm trying to undelete is always in the deleted items
folder.
It does not ALWAYS do this.  It does it a vast majority of the time.
If I am in the message I delete it by clicking the X icon.  If I'm in
the inbox mostly use the delete key, but I sometimes use the X icon.
To undelete I mostly use ctrl-z.
My company uses exchange.
Mail is kept on the server.

0
dewey1973 (5)
10/20/2007 9:12:07 PM

>> > Can ANYONE help me with this?
>>
>> Well, I'll bite...
>>
>> What message *does* it Undelete?
>> Is the message you want to restore in the Deleted Items folder?
>> Does it *always* do it?
>> How are you deleting the message?  What are the *exact* steps you follow
>> make this not work?
>> What type of mail server?  You mention cached mode, so I'll assume
>> Exchange,
>> but, I want ot make sure.
>> Is the mail in a PST or on the server itself?
>
> It usually undeletes a message deleted earlier in the day or nothing at
> all.
> The message I'm trying to undelete is always in the deleted items folder.
> It does not ALWAYS do this.  It does it a vast majority of the time.
> If I am in the message I delete it by clicking the X icon.  If I'm in
> the inbox mostly use the delete key, but I sometimes use the X icon.
> To undelete I mostly use ctrl-z.
> My company uses exchange.
> Mail is kept on the server.

Well, that's definitely odd.

And the fact that it doesn't do it every time just makes it even odder.

Have you checked with the Exchange admins to see if anyone else has this
problem?  I can't imagine this would be server related, but, it'd be
interesting to hear.

I'll be honest, I'm mostly unsure on this one.  I could see undelete not
pulling anything out because some other action has over-written the action
you're trying to undo, but to pull a message that was deleted *before* this
message, that's surprising.

I'm half tempted to suggest posting over to the program_vba newsgroup to see
if anyone could figure out a way to actively monitor whatever it is that
Outlook stores the 'Action to Undo' variable for changes to see if Outlook
is either not writing to that variable, or if somehow that variable is
getting over-written.
--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

If No is deleted in middle of sequence,Nos alter after deleted No
I have a group of numbers,I delete one number in the middle ,i want the numbers after that number to reduce by one so that numbers still run in order.How do I do this.Thanks in advance . Crusty If you are deleting a complete row then you could set up a formula referring to the cell above, (in A2 for example), =A1 Now when you delete the row the formulae will update in line -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "crusty53" <crusty53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B64...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook & Entourage

not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want #2
I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus 'their handicap' = 'low net' score. I have this worksheet setup like this; A4:A23 = list of names Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula =SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one) Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is player one's calculated 'handicap'. In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, to p...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...