Outlook 2003 to Exchange 2003 stays Offline/Disconnected

Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem.  This past
weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy.
I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to
transfer everything to my new drives.  Windows booted off of the new
hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when
using Ghost.

When I brought home my system from the office last night though I
noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back
at the office.  My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not
part of the domain.  I am not using RPC-over-HTTP since I have a VPN
connection back to the office.  This should behave just as if my
machine were directly attached to the remote network (as it always has
until now).

When I open Outlook it no longer prompts me for authentication at all.
It just opens up and stays in the Disconnected mode.  Here's what I
have tried...

1.  I setup a new profile and when I click "Check Name"  I get "The
action could not be completed.  The connection to the Microsoft
Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to
complete this action."  The server name resolves properly to its
internal address and even if I put the IP address in the server field
I get the same error.

2.  When I click Send/Receive in Outlook I get the following...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The
server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition
persists.'

3.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely.

4.  Attempted to connect from a new Windows profile.

5.  Uninstalled TCP/IP from my system, rebooted, reinstalled TCP/IP.
This actually got my Outlook working until the next time I rebooted.
I tried the same solution again, but it did not work the second time
around.

6.  I have also already checked the registry values at
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RPC\ClientProtocols and everything there is
correct.

7.  I have also tried to connect to a mailbox on another exchange
server on a completely separate domain.

8.  I am also the FW admin, so I did a packet capture of any data
between my computer and the remote Exchange server when I tried
connecting and there is NO traffic passing, so it appears that Outlook
is not even attempting to talk to the Exchange server at all.

Same results all the way around.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Carlos

0
sublimnl

Nevermind.  I noticed that DUMeter (software bandwidth monitor) was
not picking up any traffic from my computer at all so it clicked.
Uninstalled my network adapters, rebooted and everything works now.
:)

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:39:18 -0600, sublimnl <sublimnl-@-yahoo-.-com>
wrote:

>Hopefully someone here can shed some light on this problem.  This past
>weekend I upgraded my home system to 300GB SATA RAID1 for redundancy.
>I preinstalled the drivers for the new RAID adapter and used Ghost to
>transfer everything to my new drives.  Windows booted off of the new
>hardware just fine and all my apps continued to work as expected when
>using Ghost.
>
>When I brought home my system from the office last night though I
>noticed that Outlook refused to connect to my Exchange2k3 server back
>at the office.  My home machine is running Win2k Server and is not
>part of the domain.  I am not using RPC-over-HTTP since I have a VPN
>connection back to the office.  This should behave just as if my
>machine were directly attached to the remote network (as it always has
>until now).
>
>When I open Outlook it no longer prompts me for authentication at all.
>It just opens up and stays in the Disconnected mode.  Here's what I
>have tried...
>
>1.  I setup a new profile and when I click "Check Name"  I get "The
>action could not be completed.  The connection to the Microsoft
>Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to
>complete this action."  The server name resolves properly to its
>internal address and even if I put the IP address in the server field
>I get the same error.
>
>2.  When I click Send/Receive in Outlook I get the following...
>
>Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011D) : 'The
>server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition
>persists.'
>
>3.  Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 completely.
>
>4.  Attempted to connect from a new Windows profile.
>
>5.  Uninstalled TCP/IP from my system, rebooted, reinstalled TCP/IP.
>This actually got my Outlook working until the next time I rebooted.
>I tried the same solution again, but it did not work the second time
>around.
>
>6.  I have also already checked the registry values at
>HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RPC\ClientProtocols and everything there is
>correct.
>
>7.  I have also tried to connect to a mailbox on another exchange
>server on a completely separate domain.
>
>8.  I am also the FW admin, so I did a packet capture of any data
>between my computer and the remote Exchange server when I tried
>connecting and there is NO traffic passing, so it appears that Outlook
>is not even attempting to talk to the Exchange server at all.
>

>Same results all the way around.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Carlos

0
sublimnl

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...