Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email

Hi All,

  I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2,
and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the
email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just
plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been
experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002.

  Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed?

  Thanks in advance,

--Jim

0
jlamson (3)

Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so =
that we can try to reproduce the problem on another machine?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Spike9458" <jlamson@kw.com> wrote in message =
> Hi All,
>=20
>  I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 =
SP2,=20
> and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our =
staff, the=20
> email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were =
just=20
> plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has =
been=20
> experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002.
>=20
>  Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed?
>=20
>  Thanks in advance,
>=20
> --Jim=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
5/16/2006 1:54:44 PM
I think it may have been the font. In Publisher 'web fonts' is discussed.
When I changed the font to one of the 'web fonts' the link didn't get
stripped ... does that make sense?

I use Word as email editor. I created a new email, to make my 'flyer' in
Word, so in word, use the Insert/Hyperlink function. Change the display text
to whatever. When done with the flyer, invoke Tools/Letter and
Mailings/Mailmerge to email ...

--Jim

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Spike9458" <jlamson@kw.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
>  I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2,
> and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff,
> the
> email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just
> plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been
> experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002.
>
>  Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
> --Jim

0
jlamson (3)
5/25/2006 8:08:33 PM
Can you give us more details, like the specific font that apparently =
caused the problem? If the problem can be duplicated, maybe Microsoft =
can fix it.=20

>I think it may have been the font. In Publisher 'web fonts' is =
discussed.=20
> When I changed the font to one of the 'web fonts' the link didn't get=20
> stripped ... does that make sense?
>=20
> I use Word as email editor. I created a new email, to make my 'flyer' =
in=20
> Word, so in word, use the Insert/Hyperlink function. Change the =
display text=20
> to whatever. When done with the flyer, invoke Tools/Letter and=20
> Mailings/Mailmerge to email ...
>=20
> --Jim
>=20
> "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message=20
> Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so =
that=20
> we can try to reproduce the problem on another machine?
>=20
> "Spike9458" <jlamson@kw.com> wrote in message=20
>> Hi All,
>>
>>  I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 =
SP2,
>> and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our =
staff,=20
>> the
>> email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were =
just
>> plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has =
been
>> experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002.
>>
>>  Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --Jim
>>
>>=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Add a warning box if you remove "user" role
Business Portal security is built around "roles". There is a built-in role called "user". In Business Portal version 3.0, you can remove a user from the role called "user". However, if you do so, much of the program will automatically start to fail. Many of the queries and/or web parts do not work, even if the user is assigned other roles like "sales manager". Because of this special "user" role, the software should be changed so that if someone tries to remove a user from this "user" role, a warning/message box shoul...

Opening Outlook

Exchange 5.5- need to increase maximum size for received mail
I need to change either the default maximum received email size for all mailboxes or for one user, but would like to know how to do both. Someone is trying to send a large email and it keeps getting bounced. To increase the limit the user can receive open the users mailbox in Exchange Admin, click the Limits tab and increase the Incoming limit. Please note that by default it is set to "No Limit". I am not sure how to change it for everyone. "Jeremy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f79d01c457cb$487a2ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I nee...

gridlines in outlook?

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

how do I display a hyperlink in a seperate cell in excel?
I have a spreadsheet that has emails hyperlinked. I simply want to display those emails in another cell Saved from a previous post: One way to extract those URL's from a hyperlink created via Insert|Hyperlink is with a userdefinedfunction. Here's one that may help: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address End If End Function So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that a...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...