Outlook 2003 PST problems

I just installed Office 2003 professional on a new computer
& am having problems with outlook.  I copied my Outlook.pst
file into the appropriate directory & although it is
recognized the calendar is not working properly.  I cannot
attach any of the colored labels to my appointments - so
everything is pretty much in black & white.  I totally
uninstalled & reinstalled office... first removing my pst
file... but there appears to be an ini file... or something
that is retaining some information... does anyone know of a
fix for the labels... or how to TOTALLY uninstall office
(so I can start anew??)

Thanks for any help!!!

Sylvia
0
sylvia1 (1)

If you overwrote one .PST file with another, you may have corrupted
something.  .PST files don't have to be in any specific location on your
hard drive, so overwriting is never necessary or recommended.

Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against your .PST file to see if it finds
any errors.  Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:124d01c3f0cd$283d8c30$3501280a@phx.gbl,
Sylvia wrote:

> I just installed Office 2003 professional on a new computer
> & am having problems with outlook.  I copied my Outlook.pst
> file into the appropriate directory & although it is
> recognized the calendar is not working properly.  I cannot
> attach any of the colored labels to my appointments - so
> everything is pretty much in black & white.  I totally
> uninstalled & reinstalled office... first removing my pst
> file... but there appears to be an ini file... or something
> that is retaining some information... does anyone know of a
> fix for the labels... or how to TOTALLY uninstall office
> (so I can start anew??)
>
> Thanks for any help!!!
>
> Sylvia

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

can't create rules in outlook

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me). For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too common and not related to a specific site or sites. So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't want t...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

custom paper size problem
I have to create a custom envelope size for a client. I know how to do it via the windows printers dialogs. That's no biggie. But when I distribute the client mdb out to his workstations, do I need to (or have him do it) create the same one on each workstation or is there code I can write in ms access (2k) that can create a new printer form (I've searched and cannot find anything)? I can see that if we have to do this manually it's going to be a problem every time they set up a new machine. Thanks, Keith Never mind. As I work on this part of this project I'm realizing that...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...