Outlook 2003 problems on Vista

I have been having problems opening Outlook 2003 on my Vista workstation.
It may be related to update KB 941649.

Initially KB 941649 did not want to install from Microsoft update.  I found
several blogs that recommended different procedures for installing it.  The
latest I tried was starting a command line as administrator with WUSA.exe .
As in the past, Event Viewer says it was installed successfully.  Typically
as in the past, I expect tomorrow I will get a message that KB 941649 failed
to be installed correctly the night before.  Microsoft needs to get this
figured out.

Any way, since installing KB 941649, I have been getting Outlook Failed to
Start errors every time I reboot.  I restart Outlook, and half of the icons
don't work.  I restart Outlook again, and everything works fine.

It appears to me that there are some memory management issues going on here.
Anyone have similar problems?  I have seen quite a few similar instances of
941649 failing to install and Outlook failing to Start on different sites,
but no solutions yet, nor have I seen anyone tie the two together.

Any help would be appreciated.

0
chuck5599 (29)

I think I found the problem.  I am convinced that Google Desktop is a major
part of the problem.  By eliminating Google Desktop, I have eliminated most
of the problems.  I still don't know if I can successfully install the
Updates yet.

"ChuckN" <Chuck@newmanArchitecture.com> wrote in message
>I have been having problems opening Outlook 2003 on my Vista workstation.
> It may be related to update KB 941649.
>
> Initially KB 941649 did not want to install from Microsoft update.  I
> found
> several blogs that recommended different procedures for installing it.
> The
> latest I tried was starting a command line as administrator with WUSA.exe
> .
> As in the past, Event Viewer says it was installed successfully.
> Typically
> as in the past, I expect tomorrow I will get a message that KB 941649
> failed
> to be installed correctly the night before.  Microsoft needs to get this
> figured out.
>

> Any way, since installing KB 941649, I have been getting Outlook Failed to
> Start errors every time I reboot.  I restart Outlook, and half of the
> icons
> don't work.  I restart Outlook again, and everything works fine.
>
> It appears to me that there are some memory management issues going on
> here.
> Anyone have similar problems?  I have seen quite a few similar instances
> of
> 941649 failing to install and Outlook failing to Start on different sites,
> but no solutions yet, nor have I seen anyone tie the two together.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
chuck5599 (29)

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2003 Contact data

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...

Problems getting to server?
I have a customer who is saying that if he tries to get to a email server I am running, he can't get to it on the 1st attempt using Outlook Express. He has to browse to a web page that I am hosting, view that page. Then open OE, and his email will work fine. Has anyone heard of this, and have any solutions? Thanks, Steve Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=Internet...

concurrent instances (or profiles) of outlook
Hi, Is it possible to have two instances of Outlook running at the same time? Or maybe have two Outlook profiles accessable at the same time? I have two mail accounts and want to keep them seperate and want to use Outlook for both. But I don't know how so right now I'm using Outlook Express for one and Outlook for the other. Thanks for any advise, Rob No, you cannot run 2 instances of Outlook nor can you have 2 profiles open at the same time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus n...