Outlook 2003 not checking for new mail at startup

I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does
anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq
R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional.  Thanks!
0
mhoaglan (2)

How could we?
You've provided no information.
At the very least you should post your mail account type, connection type,
automatic polling settings, and exactly what isn't working, including the
difference between automatic and manual polling behavior.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have followed QID312336 but still not working. Does
> anyone have another suggestion? Win XP Home, Compaq
> R3120US laptop, Office 2003 Professional.  Thanks!

0
russval (3097)
6/6/2004 10:04:26 PM
OK - mail account type is pop3
Connection is through a cable modem
In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
have all accounts, online and offline configured
to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
Receive mail items is checked in properties.

When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
it.

SYMPTOMS
When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
automatically perform a send and receive operation to
download messages from the server.
CAUSE
This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
group within Outlook.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
in Outlook:
On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
then click Define Send/Receive Groups
Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
and then click OK.
Under Group Name, click the old group name.
Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
group in Send/Receive (F9).
Click Close.
Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.

What can I try next? Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/7/2004 1:59:44 AM
Check the option to have Outlook send/receive on a schedule.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked:

| OK - mail account type is pop3
| Connection is through a cable modem
| In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
| have all accounts, online and offline configured
| to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
| configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
| Receive mail items is checked in properties.
|
| When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
| for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
| received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
| it.
|
| This article was previously published under Q312336
| SYMPTOMS
| When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
| automatically perform a send and receive operation to
| download messages from the server.
| CAUSE
| This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
| group within Outlook.
| RESOLUTION
| To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
| in Outlook:
| On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
| then click Define Send/Receive Groups
| Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
| Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
| and then click OK.
| Under Group Name, click the old group name.
| Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
| Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
| group in Send/Receive (F9).
| Click Close.
| Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.
|

| What can I try next? Thanks.

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
6/7/2004 3:04:40 AM
You haven't configured an automatic Send/Receive interval.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
> OK - mail account type is pop3
> Connection is through a cable modem
> In send/Receive settings, in the send/receive groups I
> have all accounts, online and offline configured
> to "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" - not
> configured to check mail on a schedule. Both Send and
> Receive mail items is checked in properties.
>
> When I start Outlook 2003 it does not automatically check
> for new mail. When I hit send/receive new mail is
> received. I followed Q312336 below but that did not fix
> it.
>
> This article was previously published under Q312336
> SYMPTOMS
> When you start Microsoft Outlook, Outlook does not
> automatically perform a send and receive operation to
> download messages from the server.
> CAUSE
> This behavior can occur because of a damaged Send/Receive
> group within Outlook.
> RESOLUTION
> To resolve this behavior, create a new Send/Receive group
> in Outlook:
> On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive Settings, and
> then click Define Send/Receive Groups
> Under Group Name, click the group, and then click Copy.
> Under Send/Receive Group Name, type the new group name,
> and then click OK.
> Under Group Name, click the old group name.
> Under both When Outlook is Online and When Outlook is
> Offline, click to clear the check box for Include this
> group in Send/Receive (F9).
> Click Close.
> Quit Outlook, and then restart Outlook.
>

> What can I try next? Thanks.

0
russval (3097)
6/7/2004 10:02:25 AM
The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
missing?

0
mhoaglan (2)
6/7/2004 3:46:31 PM
Mike <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote:

> The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> nor do I want to have to manually start it.

That's the only way you'll get your Outlook to send/receive on startup.
--
Brian Tillman
0
> The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
> Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
> installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
> start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
> missing?

0
russval (3097)
6/7/2004 10:40:17 PM
Sorry guys, I implemented the send recieve schedule for 5 minute intervals; I have the same setup as Mike, windows xp, cable, pop3, and outllook 2003, and the only messages outlook is downloading are the ones I alread received (duplicates)
This is a pain, my friends.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Outlook has always required an automatic Send/Receive setting to poll on
> launch. Most users who do not want subsequent polls just set a very long
> interval, like 24 hours.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
> > nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
> > Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
> > installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
> > start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
> > missing?

Do you have a firewall or AV set to scan incoming and outgoing mail?  If
yes, turn it off and see if the situation improves.  Also, do you have Send
Immediately When Connected checked?  Is your connection type set to LAN?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shopping_Tx asked:

| Sorry guys, I implemented the send recieve schedule for 5 minute
| intervals; I have the same setup as Mike, windows xp, cable, pop3,
| and outllook 2003, and the only messages outlook is downloading are
| the ones I alread received (duplicates) This is a pain, my friends.
|

| "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Outlook has always required an automatic Send/Receive setting to
|| poll on
|| launch. Most users who do not want subsequent polls just set a very
|| long
|| interval, like 24 hours.
|| --
|| Russ Valentine
|| [MVP-Outlook]
|| "Mike" <mhoaglan@comcast.net> wrote in message
||| The schedule is not how I prefer it to send/receive mail,
||| nor do I want to have to manually start it. Outlook
||| Express and older versions of Outlook that I have
||| installed before used to retreive new mail as soon as I
||| start the application. Is there another setting that I'm
||| missing?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Opening a new instance of Excel

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Excel Crash

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

Version 10 Startup Page
I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start Great Plains. I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access. When I start Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead of my home page? Mary Fetsch Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog article on this today. Visit my blog at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on. Be...

Outlook 2003

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Check Printing #6
I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance Did you use msmoney -s (which is different than salv.exe)? "Kris" <kris@team19motorsports.com> wrote in message news:1682801c4177c$bd1ceeb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" > I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't > seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance ...

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Money 2005 Startup processing
Can anyone tell me what Money 2005 is doing the first minute or two after loading. It's sucking up lots of cpu cycles and is very unresponsive. I thought it was downloading stock updates etc. but my portfolio appears to have the latest information while all this processing is going on. Money 2003 did not seem to do this. Is there any setting that I can change to discourage this user unfriendly behavior? ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question