Outlook 2003 Message Field "In Folder"

Hello,

I am having a problem (I think) with moving messages in
Outlook. I move a message for example from the Inbox into
the Drafts folder, and the "in folder" field on the
message shows Inbox, instead of Drafts. This only seems
to happen when moving messages to the Drafts folder. Is
this meant to do this or should the "In Folder" field say
Drafts and not the previous folder the message was in?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74717)

Appologies the user has informed me that this happens
when moving messages to ANY folder, the previuos folder
name is displayed under the "In Folder" field instead of
the current folder name.

Any Suggestions &/or comments are more than welcome
Maria Hood

0
anonymous (74717)

When does Outlook shows paper clip icon in folder view?
I have several messages with one embedded attachment each (all created within Outlook, not as described in Q218356). The weird thing is that only some of these messages show the paper clip icon in the folder view, but others don't. I examined the properties of these messages, all having PR_HASATTACH set to 1, and PR_ATTACH_NUM set to 0. There is no apparent difference between the messages either. Does someone know the magic logic behind the paper clip icon? Thanks! are the attachments all the same type of file? -- "George Wang" <wzhao2000@yahoo.com> wrote in messag...

listing of documents in folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel At the moment when I save a document into a folder the document is saved last in the list or at the bottom of the folder when I use Icons <br><br>I want to know how to make the documents appear at the top with older documents underneath The captions in List View [Name & Date Modified] are sort buttons. Note the triangle that appears on one caption or the other. One click sorts in Ascending order based on that column, a second click reverses the order. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Offic...

Search text in folder of publisher files?
Can you search text in folder of publisher files. Google desktop style of program, but pub files are not on supported list. -- ks_paper ...

Renaming Files in Folder View in CHtmlView
Hello, I've developped an application with a CHtmlView window, with which I can navigate in folders on my PC just like with Windows Explorer. With the folder view I can rename files just like with Explorer too. How can I accomplish, that my app will be informed about the renaming of a file, in order to replicate the renaming in another view of my app? I've found the subwindows of the folder view and subclassed them to my own classes derived from CListView and CListCtrl respectively. But the renaming of a file doesn't arrive in any message handling function of those classes....

2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane
Hi, Appreciate your help with this. I am using Outlook 2003/WinXP. There are 2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane. Both have identical list of sub folders of Drafts, Inbox, Sent, etc. If I click on one Inbox, the contents are the same as in the other, etc. If I close a sub folder, the same sub folder in the other also goes. If I RC on either one of the Personal Folders, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How can I get rid of the second one? The only difference between them is the icon to their left. The top most Personal Fol...

Personal Folder in Folder List Outlook 2003
Hi, I have a user who uses the folder list to work rather than using the "Mail". Recently, he mentioned about a calendar popping up on this Personal Folder under Folder List in Outlook 2003. He argued that it wasn't there intially, it was only recently. I went to check it on websites and found that it had to be there as a default but when I went to create a new Personal Folder in Outlook 2003, it has nothing it in except "Select Items" and "Search Folders", which proved that he was right. Can anyone please help and advise, how can I remove the C...

short-cut menu for items in Folder pane of
How do I change the presentation order of items in the Start menu? Somehow, Explorer is at the bottom of the list on one of my computers, and I want it in the same place on all my computers. Rightclick the Start button and select Explore and rearrange to suit your method of working. You may also have to do Explore All Users as well. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Wed, 26 May 2010 21:49:02 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "Margaret Bartley" <may04_NOTTHIS@mindspring.com> wrote: ...

Icons in folders disappear.
I have WindowsXP SP3. Lately the contents of the shortcuts on the desktop are defaulting at will back to "detailed" view. Normally I have these as icons. Also, the window size is varying. Hoe can I keep them as icons? Please help, Frank ...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

Windows Mail
I have Windows Vista fully up to date with Norton 360 also up to date. When I download POP emails into the inbox of Windows Mail all is good but when I move them to newly created folders within WM, they show as present in the lists but on double clicking, they are not present and the message 'mail not found appears'. It appears to be spreading and I am seeing numerous reports of other people having the same problem recently. There is no point telling me that the windows mail folder must be corrupt because that is obvious and the 3rd Party WMUtil has no effect on this prob...

"Show in folder" never works
Several applications on my system have a "Show in folder" option. None of them work, though they did in the past. The applications include most browsers, for example. It is unlikely that they are all ding something wrong. I presume they are just launching explore.exe with suitable parameters. There's nothing wrong with explore.exe on my system as far as I can tell (other than this problem). Any suggestions? -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk "Swifty" <steve.j.swift@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f...

How To Import OE Addresses in Folders Into Outlook
I had asked about this some time ago after an Import inOutlook had failed to copy the addresses that wwere inside folders int eh OE Address Book. Well, the solution was quite simple in the end. I offer it for the next perosn who needs to do this. :-) 1) Create matching folders inOutlook -- if you want to -- I actually used the "Category" field instead of folders in Outlook so as to reduce clutter. 2) Create a "temp" folder in Outlook's Contacts and drag all the current Contacts into it. 3) Create a "temp" folder in OE and drag all the currect addresses _not i...

Unable to see Path / In Folder in Explorer?
Windows XP Home, service pack 3. Classic folders view. When I open Windows Explorer I am unable to see the Path / In Folder detail. I can see Name, Size, Type, Date Modified, and when I right click I'm presented with a popup list of additional details I might want to see, but no Path / In Folder option. What am I missing here? Have I accidentally disabled some setting? By the way, Search works OK- I see the results with the In Folder (Path) detail, so why not in Explorer? Thanks! RW wrote: > Windows XP Home, service pack 3. Classic folders view. > &g...

In folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not show.
I have XP. I do not have "Hide extensions..." clicked. When I open a folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not show. Other extensions in the folder do show, How come? Thanks By design, you will only see them in the command line listing. They are both "shortcut" files for the GUI. Cal Who wrote: > I have XP. > > I do not have "Hide extensions..." clicked. > > When I open a folder containing .lnk and .pif files the extensions do not > show. > > Other extensions in the folder do show...

In An Outlook Mail In Folder I've Add a Customn Column
Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id to each received email. The column shows but i cant enter any data in to it? Any iadeas? Trev Modify the view to turn on "in-cell editing." -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Trevor Aiston" <TrevorAiston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00F2A60E-E255-4D1F-9D1B-EC0DFF480B6A@microsoft.com... > Called 'number' so I can ad a unique id t...

Can't see certain folders in Public Store
We're in the process of going from from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have the exchange 2003 up and running in the same site as the Exchange 5.5. People who has their mailbox in the Exchange 2003 server can't see certain folders or calendar items on the public folder store of the Exchange 5.5. We have replication turned on and only a select few folders are not showing in the the outlook for our Exchange 2003 users. Any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it? ...

Want to put pdfs / attachments in folders in Entourage
I am use to using outlook on the pc and am switching to entourage. I have many folders in my personal .pst. I am trying to recreate these folders in entourage which is going 50% ok. I create the folder and push the emails that were in them in to the folder. This works fine. I also however have many items that aren't email in those folders, such as pdf's and things. Is there anyway to have entourage on the mac setup to accept pdf loose in those folders as well as emails that are archived? Tks in advance, Glen On 1/8/10 11:34 AM, in article 7c8826de-4efa-4525-9b2d-5c...

Exchange calendar shows up under Exchange account in folder list but not when I hit calendar button
I'm running Entourage 2008 on a Mac 10.6.3. I had to delete my Exchange account and re-sync everything from scratch (because Entourage's awesome "database rebuild utility" deleted half my stuff and I didn't want it to propagate up to the server and delete it there). Previously, when I added an Exchange account, I would see all of its folders (including contacts and calendar) on the vertical pane on the left, and when I click the contacts or calendar icon at the very top left of the window, I'd get a full-window version of the calendar or contacts list. Oddly...

Identical Outlook files in Folders View
Arrgh! Somehow I now have in my folders view to identical pst files and I am unable to close one of them. They seem to be simply mirrors of the same folder (if I move an email message to a folder in one of them, it also shows the email message in the other). Any ideas? Thanks. Why not create a new profile? It usually solve mysteries like this. S "TomW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:07bb01c3a97f$c417a310$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Arrgh! Somehow I now have in my folders view to identical > pst files and I am unable to close one of them. ...

Remove specific items from file name in folder
Greetings all- I have a directory that contains image files (lots of them) that all end with "_STD.jpg". I need to remove the "_STD" portion of all the file names, as well as return a count of all files processed. Any help would be much appreciated. "cjake2299" <cjake2299@gmail.com> screv in news:7db38b3f-38db-4d67-8cc9-2df11aa0d080@f18g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Greetings all- > > I have a directory that contains image files (lots of them) that all > end with "_STD.jpg". I need to remove the "_STD" por...

Outlook does not retain folders in FAVORITES
How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to favorites. It loses them when restarted. I am still looking for an answer to thiws. It is ridculous that this fails. On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 21:34:55 -0600, Rojo <w0mn00@gmail.com> wrote: >How do I get Outlook 2003 to retain the folders that I moved to >favorites. It loses them when restarted. ...

Duplicate messages in folders
I'm using Outlook 98 and W2000. When I download my Email I have a problem with only some of the Yahoo (and other) newsgroups to which I belong, placing double (duplicate) messages in the folder to which they are directed. This only happens with a very few groups and is not limited to only one folder. I have several groups directed to the same folder and some of them duplicate where the rest don't! Any ideas on what causes this and its solution? It's rather irritating! Thanks, glen@ccim.net ...

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

The view of other mailboxes in folder view are lost
I have a citrix enviroment running Office XP with Outlook 2002. Some users open a lot of other users mailboxes in folder view. This works ok, but often they dont get all the mailboxes that they attach to. Then they have to attach them again, and it works for som time. What might be the problem? ...