outlook 2003 has 2 "send" labels in the send receive drop down

hi, sometimes, i have to reboot my machine because the send recieve button in
outlook does not work, when i go to the drop down menu, i dont see any of my
"accounts" listed, and I see the word "send", then the next line is
duplicated and also says 'send". the only way to get back to "normal" is to
reboot the whole system until it happens again. This usually happens once per
day.

Close Outlook. Do a search for the outcmd.dat file (this is a hidden file so
you'll have to either tell Windows Explorer to unhide it or search hidden
files and folders). Rename it (eg: outcmd.dat_old) and then open Outlook
again. Let me know if this helps.

--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"oceanfreightrefunds" wrote:

> hi, sometimes, i have to reboot my machine because the send recieve button in
> outlook does not work, when i go to the drop down menu, i dont see any of my
> "accounts" listed, and I see the word "send", then the next line is
> duplicated and also says 'send". the only way to get back to "normal" is to
> reboot the whole system until it happens again. This usually happens once per
> day.
0
KOrland1 (1012)

Outlook 2000 -Send Emial HELP
Hello, All of a sudden my outgoing email is being sent automatically when I hit the send button rather than waiting in my outbox for me to manually sned them. Can someone tell me how to correct this?? -- Thanks, Jeff How are you connecting to your internet account? If you use a LAN with ol2000 in corp mode I think it always sends immediately. Also, see if any of the tabs in tools, options has a send immediately option checked. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google a...

Outlook 2000 hanging, taking forever to send

Can send and receive e-mail directly, but can't confirm connectivity via telnet to port 25 test method.
Hi all, Pretty new to exchange so I was going through as much documentation as I possibly could to make sure that my first implimentation went as smooth as possible (first setup on a personal server so I can muck it up all I like to make sure that I have it right, no need to subject a client to my expermintation!). I have exchange 2003 enterprise set up on a windows 2003 server standard R2 machine. The machine is the only domain member so it also the AD and DNS primary. Not much else going on with the box other than AD, DNS, and Exchange with little load on any of the three services. It is...

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

NDR sending
What are the pros and cons of not sending out NDRs? Should we turn it off (Exchange 2003) so that no NDRs are sent? Thanks, Neal The pros are that the sender gets notified his/her email was not delivered. This is important because say you send out an email that requires an immediate response. Three hours later the client calls you up and asks where that email is. "I sent it 3 hours ago" would be your response. "I never received it" would be there response. So instead of being surprised you can attend to the issue immediately or use an alternative plan to get this...

Sending email to specific address (SDK)
How can you send an email to a specific email address? The activityparty.addressused doesnt seem to be doing anything... On the systemuser entity we have the the following email address fields: address1 = internalemailaddress address2 = personalemailaddress address3 = a custom attribute In one case, I need to send an email to address2 and CC address1. I set the activityparty.partyid to the same systemuser, but for the email.to activityparty, I set the activityparty.addressused = to the email address from address2. (hopefully that made a little sense). What seems to be happening is it...

Why does Outlook delete my remarks when sending an attachment?
When I am working in a Word, Powerpoint, or Excel file and I use the email link from that program, any remarks I put in the email are deleted before it is sent. The recipient's version of the email does not have any remarks in it. I am using Outlook 2007 with a classification Add-in. This does not happen when I use Outlook to create, reply to, or forward emails; it only happens when I send an attachment using the email link in the Microsoft program. It does not happen when I use the email link in Adobe Reader or other non-Microsoft programs. Does anyone know why Outlook ...

The send email button???
Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? what happens when you click it - any errors? "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:eQqonkzvDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? > > ...

Can send mail internally but not receive...
hi guy's im totally new to exchange server 2003 and i just install it into my PDC... so my biggest problem is about receiving mail.. and for sure... i need to make it work externally... but right now the situation is that i can't receive any e-mail internally and externally ,but i am able to send internally and externally..... my main mail server is a Linux mail server ... is there any third party tools i could use or any config i could do in exchange to foward mail from the Linux mail server to exchange !! Thx a lot guy's i appriciated ...

cant send larger emails from outlook
In outlook I cannont send emails with larger then 1MB Your ISP imposed a limit? Ask them. You have an interfering anti-virus e-mail scanning add-in installed? Remove it. Ricco wrote: > In outlook I cannont send emails with larger then 1MB "Ricco" <Ricco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1B84EA0-5D6F-47B3-B214-E617F641F17A@microsoft.com... > In outlook I cannont send emails with larger then 1MB What version of Outlook, what type of account, and exactly what happens when you try? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Can I download & send from two email addresses to one Outlook?
I'm moving from Outlook Express 6 on my XP desktop up to Outlook 2007 on my new Vista laptop. In OE I have two email addresses in one Identity. One is personal, one is a home business. This means I sign in once, and both sets of emails will download. When I send mail, I can choose which email address I am sending from. Hence, all my email in my folders is a mix from these two. (And my addresses/contacts are mixed also) Is it possible in Outlook 2007 to have two email addresses in one account as well? This would mean I'd open Outlook only once and run the same way I did i...

Outlook 2007 Safe-Senders list does not save
I receive newsletters and other legitimate emails formatted in HTML and containing embedded pictures. Outlook blocks the pictures as expected. When I choose to add a sender or domain to the safe-senders list, the pictures will appear and I can verify that it's been added to the list. Exit Outlook and restart.. All newly saved "safe-senders" are now gone except a few that remain, the same 3 or 4 always remain and any new ones are not saved. I've tried saving the list and then importing it, it works but again when exiting and restarting the list is back...

outlook 2007 not sending
outlook 2007 not sending, but recieving bummer "Mido" <Mido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10558B2D-7B29-472F-A6E2-05F17B72FB8D@microsoft.com... > outlook 2007 not sending, but recieving "Mido" <Mido@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10558B2D-7B29-472F-A6E2-05F17B72FB8D@microsoft.com... > outlook 2007 not sending, but recieving How do you expect any help when you supply no details? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Mido wrote: > outlook 2007 not sending, but recieving Good to know it is ...

Posting vs sending in public folders
Hi I'm running Exchange 2000 sp3 in native mode When sending internal mail to a mail enabled public folder, the mail is represented as a message. When the public folder receives any external mail, it is represented as a post. Is there a way to default it to either all messages or all post (I'm actually more interested in having them all messages) Thank you. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=817809 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "KNA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D98A...

sending mail

Scheduled sending mail in 2003
hi, I am using outlook 2003 and i just wanted to is there any option available in outlook 2003 where a particular drafted mail can be sent to a single person evry day at a fixed time....evenif i am at home and not opened my outlook. regards, rkp For the first part of your question; Yes, see http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/recurringemail.htm The second part is not possible without Outlook running somewhere as otherwise there is no way to process this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outl...

How to send/receive XmlDocument objects to a message queue?
Hi I have a problem receiving messages from Message Queue=20 when the message is a XMLDocument. When a have received it and tries to read it it says that=20 there is no root element. Do onyone know who to solve this problem? Regards Stefan N=E4sman ...

Sending e-mails
I have used Outlook/Windows 2003 on XP for 5+ years. In the last month no date appears after I have composed some messages. These e-mails do not send. Some go if I open and send again. If this does not work, I have had to forward the e-mail to the original recepient. I should be grateful for any advice. -- jrmx ...

cant send email attachment from excel
Can someone tell me how to get the button for sending an excel file with an attachment via email by just clinking the button. I cannot get the button to open just the regular email button and not the one that says send with attachment and then will open to the addresses I choose. I did delete the email button but it still doesn't work Hi Do you mean that the Mail button is not working on the menu bar ? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/problems.htm If you need code examples or a Add-in look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.n...

microsoft outlook unable to perform operation
My microsoft ouylook has started giving me a message "microsoft unable to perform this operation" when I an trying to use the send and receive function.Help please. "heibner" <heibner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE744AB0-26D8-446A-8632-8108CD944FA3@microsoft.com... > My microsoft ouylook has started giving me a message "microsoft unable to > perform this operation" when I an trying to use the send and receive > function.Help please. Try posting in an OUTLOOK group - this one is for EXCEL - as in the title. Sheeeesh! ...

Tracking Votes when using Send As Permissions
I have used Send-on-behalf of permissions in the past to send an email and track voting answers as the answers are tracked in the email located in my sent mail folder. However, today I sent an email using SEND AS permissions which included voting buttons, and this time the votes are not being tracked within the sent email. Where are these votes being tracked? The user I am sending the email as doesn't even receive the email unless I bcc them, so it's definately not showing up in their mailbox. They get the notifications when someone votes, but I do not know where the ...

Client don't send Email in the Internet
Hallo , i had one question we have some user, the forbit to send Email in the Internet Can someone help me , where in the Exchangeadm i can do the settings With Exchnage 5.5 i Know it, but where i can do this in Exchange2000 Thanks a lot Here's a link that should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "CGIADM" <stephan.mueller@cgi-gmbh.de> wrote in message news:FA10F107-1DE7-4E28-87AE-94951AF14FC4@microsoft.com... > Hallo , i had one question. > we h...

Outlook 2007 RTM not automatically sending and receiving
I have the checkbox set for automatically sending and receiving every 1 minute, but only works when I manually click the "send and receive" button on the toolbar. This problem first occured with the RC releases and I thought once I go to RTM it would be corrected, but it has not. I have installed a new copy of Outlook 2007 RTM with auto send and receive and it does work on that computer. Any ideas??? Thanks! Don 1 minute? That's nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and pollin...

Send Message
Hi, I have a dialog box with a button (separate application). I need to send a message from my application to the button as if it has been clicked. what i have done is i used the class name and the title of the dialog box to get a window pointer. with that i've got a reference to the button. I dont know how to send the WM_LBUTTONDOWN message or something like that. Anyone help me!! -Sundar Since you have got the handle of the button, you can use PostMessage to do it. Alternatively, you can use SendInput after setting the focus to the button. PostMessage might be relatively easier. ...

Problem sending or forwarding email in Outlook 2003
Just recently I have been having a problem sending or forwarding email from Outlook. First let me say that I am using outlook on a private network. when I try to send an email the send tab does not appear. at the top of the mail message it says that this message will be sent by the Microsoft Exchange server and is moved to the Drafts folder. I have never had this problem before. any ideas would be appreciated. Does this private network use an Exchange Server for email? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa....