Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)

I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections.  But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!!  Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords???  This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!!  I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked.  Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box...

Netsniper

0
net195 (1)

'Enter network password' request when clicking send/receive
Sorry in advance for long message, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help sort this problem. I am trying to use Outlook 2002 again with my pop3 e-mail account, since yet another system recovery a few days ago. All the required settings with respect to incoming and outgoing mail server addresses, usernames and passwords, port numbers, etc are correct and as required according to what I have been told by Orange Customer Services. This application was working (relatively) fine before unremovable viruses and spyware had infected my pc. All the required settings for pop3 accounts are...

Enter Network Password Popup box
Enter Network Password popup box continually comes up even though the passord has been saved. All information is already in the box so all I have to do is press enter and click ok and the box goes but then immediately appears again. This is a problem when I am working in word typing a doc or on the net as it pops up all the time. Hi Natalie Holzberger, the only way i know to solve this problem can you read here http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#21 -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Natalie Holzberg...

enter network password? why?
I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to enter my network password. I have never set up this password and just want it to go away...I can't send or receive messages til I do. (Using Outlook 2003) "=?Utf-8?B?QmVybiBUWA==?=" <Bern TX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:790E61F0-0F00-4B13-A874-DB29BCE49018@microsoft.com: > I recently tried to enter a new email address for my POP Mail server > settings. Now, I try to send/receive messages and a box pops up to >...

Enter Network Password
I am repeatedly being prompted for a network password for my mail server. I followed the MS advice to install Office SP1 and SP2 and have checked the accounts set up to ensure there is only one account. I have also followed the advice to edit the registry and remove the Key as specified in the Knowledge base. I am still being prompted. Any ideas please. Clearly this isn't serious but it is annoying. I think it began about a month or so ago. All the best Dr Dodge There have been several recent issues with passwords not being retained with Outlook. If you're running Outlook ...

Enter Network Password Prompting Too Often
When I am in Outlook 2002, about every two minutes, I get a pop up dialog box prompting me to enter my network password. However, I am not on a network, and the password that is already in the box is the correct one. How can I get Outlook to stop prompting me every few minutes? Thanks. See if this helps: For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q25...

enter network password pop-up repeatedly comes up?
I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps coming up every couple of minutes. busybee wrote: > I cannot send/receive mail and the pop-up "enter network password" keeps > coming up every couple of minutes. Uh huh. No Outlook version. No Windows version. No mention of the account type (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, or Exchange). No mention of the network access type (dial-up, DSL, cable). No details at all. --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourself t...

Enter network password keeps poping up
enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? -- Grizz961 Grizz wrote: > enter network password keeps poping up , how do i make it stop? A guess based on a complete lack of details: pre-2003 versions of Outlook will not remember the login credentials for e-mail accounts defined within it when ran on Windows Vista, or later. You never mentioned which VERSION of Outlook that you use. You never mentioned which VERSION of Windows that you use. You never mentioned what TYPE of e-mail account(s) you have (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange). You never menti...

enter network password in outlook
I add a new account but when it want to go in my mail it shows the passwprd request box but i fill it corect and again this box coming and want pasword and dosent go in my mail box ?? PASSWORD REQUEST FOR , you wrote on Sun, 21 May 2006 04:48:01 -0700: > I add a new account but when it want to go in my mail it shows the passwprd > request box but i fill it corect and again this box coming and want pasword > and dosent go in my mail box ?? See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us helps. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller ...

Enter Network Password Still!!
Please, please help me! I've get the ENP prompt for every single email I receive (on all 3 accounts) even though the password is clearly typed and I have followed the MS K Base article 275465 to the letter. It's driving me nuts as I need Outlook (2002) open all day and it interrupts everything I'm doing to give this prompt which I have to OK for every single email (including the 120+ junk porn mails I'm getting every day recently too!). Have downloaded Qurb on trial to sort that but still get the prompts. I think I'm going mad!!!!! please help. Ta. Sally Ar...

Enter Network Password PopUp
I use MS Outlook for my small business. I am encountering an annoying and recurring PopUp when I open Outlook, or click Send/Receive. It asks me to (Enter Network Password) - requiring name & password. Doesn't matter whether I click OK or Cancel or Re-enter P.W.- - it continues incessantly! I use MS Outlook 2003 & Windows XP. Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Happy Holidays... You might look at this. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312630 <pacificwest@safe-mail.net> wrote in message news:1135360367.240954.2136...

Enter Network Password message annoyance
Hello to all, Help!! I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002, and everything works fine. However, I get an "Enter Network Password" dialogue box that pops up on me quite often - so much sometimes that it is very annoying. I don't do anything but check the check box described below and then click the "Okay" button. This clears the dialogue box but sometimes it will pop right back up. I may have to do this 3 or 4 times in a row sometimes to make it stop. After that, everything works just fine. Then it does it again later. And so on. This dialogue message box tha...

enter network password in Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003. I have my email set up to SEND/RECEIVE every 5 mins but i keep getting the ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD / USER NAME dialog box up and its driving me mad. All my setting look ok so I cant see why this is happening. I use btinternet/yahoo as my isp. Have spoken to BT broadband net help who advise me that they DONT support Outlook. PLEASE HELP me to sort this out Do you have more than one account configured with the same server? Does it work when you enter your password or does it continue to prompt? Also see; For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the par...

Why do I get 'Enter Network Password' after every email?
As far as I am aware there has been no upgrade dowloaded on my computer but it has started a pop up message EVERY time there is any activity in my mailbox. 'Please Type User Name & Password' It doesn't matter whether you cancel, ok or X out of it the next time something happens up it pops again. Can someone please tell me how I can stop this process from happening. Thank You "Password Issues" <Password Issues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98004153-B69A-4A09-BF8B-9DD1B26B447F@microsoft.com... > As far as I am aware there ha...

Enter Network Password Outlook xp
It seems that every few minutes, outlook forgets my authenication. It displays a message asking me to enter my network password. Does anyone have a solution to this? its quite annoying. NB Outlook doesnt ask for network passwords. Sounds like the network card is going to sleep and you need to reconnect to the network after a long pause or inactivity. NETWORK PLACES / VIEW CONNECTION /PROPERTIES / CONFIGURE / POWER. Uncheck allow card to sleep. Thom Apply Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for Outlook 2002....this eliminated the problem for me ...

enter network password came up cant recieve email
I cant recieve emails after enter network password came up.This comes up filled out,but when ok is entered it reapears. Bummer - care to try this again and actually provide some information = that would allow troubleshooting? Outlook version? Operating system? Mail Account Type? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, remuss asked: | I cant recieve emails after enter network password came up.This comes | up filled out,but when ok is entered it reapears. ...

Possible fix for infamous "Enter Network Password" nag?
I admit, the frequency of that message is almost nil with OL2003 SP2 (POP3), but I've still seen it there, and also in the OL2007 beta (not necessarily the latest build). So it was with great surprise that after all these years, I finally stumbled upon a solution that looks like it might actually work. It's in Diane Poremsky's newsletter, linked and quoted below. I did do some cursory searching to see if it was already posted here, and if it was, I missed it. It also doesn't appear to be in the KB, though I've seen searches come up empty there before by mistake. Can...

"Enter Network Password" #2
I am using Outlook 2002 under XP, with a LAN connected with an Ethernet card. Outlook keeps prompting me with a pop-up requesting me to enter the network password. The window suggests the passowrd (which is correct) and even offer to save the passowrd. Nevertheless, the window comes back everytime outlook logs onto my POP3 to look for new mail. help appreciated G If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP3 Server http://support....

outlook message
I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? "Trader" <Trader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60FCCFE-6B52-4C2F-8DAC-B2D490C50A42@microsoft.com... >I keep getting a message box that shows the username and password. It > continually pops up and will not stop. Any ideas? What versions of Outlook and Windows? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Enter Network Password keeps coming up #2
I just updated my MS Office 2000 to MS Office 2003. My outlook use to work fine but now it ask what my password is all the time. Every send, receive, etc... It doesn't keep the setting when I check the "Save this password in your password list". I tried using the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 290684 on Save password settings not retained in Outlook but it states that I need to use regedit32, which I don't have in my Windows XP (with service pack 2). Is there anything I could do? I have uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office and Outlook, but it doesn't se...

Enter Network Password #6
Anyone help please? Over the last few days I have had to repeatedly enter network password for my email. Checking the box to save it doesn't work either. It's driving me mad. Any clues please guys. dr dodge ...

"Enter Network Password" Prompt During Configuration
I have installed MS Outlook 2007 on my SP3 XP Home computer. I just recently installed this on my computer after re-installing the Operating System. I had the account set up and it was working fine prior to re-installing the Operating System. Now I am constantly prompted to re-enter my username and password. I have checked, double checked and triple checked all my settings and I do not know what the problem is. I have attached a screen shot of some of the settings, errors and the screen I am getting. Admins if this is in the wrong place, please move it. I h...

Outlook 2003
I have Outlook 2003 configured to check my email accounts every 10 minutes. I am now continually getting pop-up messages asking me to enter my network password. I keep clicking the checkbox to 'Save password' but the message window still keeps popping up for each account. I have re-created the accounts but am still getting these annoying pop- ups. I have finally reverted back to manually checking for mail by turning of the auto check and hitting the send & receive. Anyone got any ideas as to why it is doing this and what can be done to fix it?? Frustrated!!! Go to too...

Outlook XP message: enter network password
Somehow, no matter how many times I click "remember password" every time Outlook XP checks my mail it asks me again to enter the network password, even though it's already in the dialog box that pops up. I've looked on the internet and tried various fixes, incluidng deleting the data in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider rebooting my computer, and re-entering all the mailbox information in Outlook, but nothing's worked. Please help! ...

Annoying "Enter Network Password" Box
Has anyone out there had a problem with the annoying "Enter Network Password" box continuously popping up ever few minutes or so. Okay so shoot me for still running Win98 and Outlook 2002 synch'd to a iPaq 5550. Aside from upgrading to XP, does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this from occuring?? Thanks in advance. You may take a look at this Technet article: OL: You Continuously Receive Prompts for Your NT Domain Credentials http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b321652 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "DennisOS" <anonymous@d...

Enter Network Password #4
I keep getting a dialogue box entitled Enter Network Password pop up for each of my mail accounts. while running Outlook XP (fully service packed) under XP Pro. It lists mail server, User and password (shown as *******) and an unticked `save this password in your password list' box. Needless to say, ticking this does not prevent the event from recurring fairly frequently. Has anyone come across a solution to this? I have seen the problem on many sites but with no solutions. TIA Toddy ...