Outlook 2003 Crash After Install Office 2003 SP3

Hi,
My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3.
it says:   outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are
sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem .
and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail.
write mail or any time.
what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed?
--
Gordon
0

I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine.  Couple of thoughts to get
you started...

1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s)

2) Exclude the .PST file extension from real-time antivirus scanning

3) Does Outlook crash and burn in safe mode? (start > run > outlook.exe
/safe > ok button)

"GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3.
> it says:   outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are
> sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem .
> and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail.
> write mail or any time.
> what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed?
> --
> Gordon

0
Neo (372)
9/26/2007 12:51:57 AM
Thanks  for your reply.
I am tring to do so and wait for the further crash.

it mostly happens when I reply or forward an email
and it come with 2 events in log;
Event 1000
source : office outlook 11
Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
address 0xccccc304.

Event 1000
source: .Net Framework2.0 error report

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine.  Couple of thoughts to get
> you started...
>
> 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s)
>
> 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from real-time antivirus scanning
>
> 3) Does Outlook crash and burn in safe mode? (start > run > outlook.exe
> /safe > ok button)
>

> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3.
> > it says:   outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we are
> > sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem .
> > and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read mail.
> > write mail or any time.
> > what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed?
> > --
> > Gordon

0
GordonLiq (5)
9/26/2007 1:14:02 AM
Interesting, Outlook doesn't use .NET framework.  However I would bet that
you have a 3rd party program/addin installed into Outlook that is causing
you grief.  Starting Outlook in safe mode will stop the addins from loading.
Outside of that, select Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options
button > Addin Manager and COM Addins to see what addins are installed.

The ones that ship with Outlook 2003 will be in the Addin manager.  They are
Delegate Access, Deleted Item Recover, Exchange Extensions Commands, and
Exchange Extensions property pages.  If you are working with a POP3/IMAP
account, they don't come into play.

> Thanks  for your reply.
> I am tring to do so and wait for the further crash.
>
> it mostly happens when I reply or forward an email
> and it come with 2 events in log;
> Event 1000
> source : office outlook 11
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> address 0xccccc304.
>
> Event 1000
> source: .Net Framework2.0 error report
> Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> address 0xccccc304.
>

> --
> Gordon
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine.  Couple of thoughts to get
>> you started...
>>
>> 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s)
>>
>> 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from real-time antivirus scanning
>>
>> 3) Does Outlook crash and burn in safe mode? (start > run > outlook.exe
>> /safe > ok button)
>>

>> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > My Outlook Crashed regully after I install the Office 2003 SP3.
>> > it says:   outlook has encountered a problem ans needs to be close. we
>> > are
>> > sorry for the inconveniences . please tell microsoft about this problem
>> > .
>> > and not any more information that I can get. it happens when I read
>> > mail.
>> > write mail or any time.
>> > what is the problem ? does it means SP3 shouldnot be installed?
>> > --
>> > Gordon

0
Neo (372)
9/26/2007 1:29:45 AM
Yes, there is CRM 3 outlook client installed on each computer.
I will try disalbe it , but is there any patch since I need the CRM clent
running
--
Gordon

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Interesting, Outlook doesn't use .NET framework.  However I would bet that
> you have a 3rd party program/addin installed into Outlook that is causing
> you grief.  Starting Outlook in safe mode will stop the addins from loading.
> Outside of that, select Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options
> button > Addin Manager and COM Addins to see what addins are installed.
>
> The ones that ship with Outlook 2003 will be in the Addin manager.  They are
> Delegate Access, Deleted Item Recover, Exchange Extensions Commands, and
> Exchange Extensions property pages.  If you are working with a POP3/IMAP
> account, they don't come into play.
>
> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks  for your reply.
> > I am tring to do so and wait for the further crash.
> >
> > it mostly happens when I reply or forward an email
> > and it come with 2 events in log;
> > Event 1000
> > source : office outlook 11
> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> > faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> > address 0xccccc304.
> >
> > Event 1000
> > source: .Net Framework2.0 error report
> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
> > faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault
> > address 0xccccc304.
> >

> > --
> > Gordon
> >

> > "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm running Office/Outlook 2003 SP3 just fine.  Couple of thoughts to get
> >> you started...
> >>
> >> 1) Run the inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) against your *.PST file(s)
> >>
> >> 2) Exclude the .PST file extension from real-time antivirus scanning
> >>
> >> 3) Does Outlook crash and burn in safe mode? (start > run > outlook.exe
> >> /safe > ok button)
> >>

> >> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
GordonLiq (5)
9/26/2007 1:40:03 AM
I don't use/have the CRM product, but based on the known issues of SP3, I
would take a peek at these 2 KB articles since they impact how a 3rd party
application interacts with Outlook.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938814/
Use Method 1 to disable the feature

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938816/

> Yes, there is CRM 3 outlook client installed on each computer.
> I will try disalbe it , but is there any patch since I need the CRM clent
> running
> --
> Gordon
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Interesting, Outlook doesn't use .NET framework.  However I would bet
>> that
>> you have a 3rd party program/addin installed into Outlook that is causing
>> you grief.  Starting Outlook in safe mode will stop the addins from
>> Outside of that, select Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options
>> button > Addin Manager and COM Addins to see what addins are installed.
>>
>> The ones that ship with Outlook 2003 will be in the Addin manager.  They
>> are
>> Delegate Access, Deleted Item Recover, Exchange Extensions Commands, and
>> Exchange Extensions property pages.  If you are working with a POP3/IMAP
>> account, they don't come into play.
>>
>> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks  for your reply.
>> > I am tring to do so and wait for the further crash.
>> >
>> > it mostly happens when I reply or forward an email
>> > and it come with 2 events in log;
>> > Event 1000
>> > source : office outlook 11
>> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
>> > faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0,
>> > fault
>> > address 0xccccc304.
>> >
>> > Event 1000
>> > source: .Net Framework2.0 error report
>> > Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3,
>> > faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0,
>> > fault
>> > address 0xccccc304.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Gordon

0
Neo (372)
9/26/2007 2:14:20 AM
HI,
It is fixed by install the CRM 3 update rollup 2 on both server & client
--
Gordon

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> I don't use/have the CRM product, but based on the known issues of SP3, I
> would take a peek at these 2 KB articles since they impact how a 3rd party
> application interacts with Outlook.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938814/
> Use Method 1 to disable the feature
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938816/
>

> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Yes, there is CRM 3 outlook client installed on each computer.
> > I will try disalbe it , but is there any patch since I need the CRM clent
> > running
> > --
> > Gordon
> >

> > "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Interesting, Outlook doesn't use .NET framework.  However I would bet
> >> that
> >> you have a 3rd party program/addin installed into Outlook that is causing
> >> you grief.  Starting Outlook in safe mode will stop the addins from
> >> Outside of that, select Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options
> >> button > Addin Manager and COM Addins to see what addins are installed.
> >>
> >> The ones that ship with Outlook 2003 will be in the Addin manager.  They
> >> are
> >> Delegate Access, Deleted Item Recover, Exchange Extensions Commands, and
> >> Exchange Extensions property pages.  If you are working with a POP3/IMAP
> >> account, they don't come into play.
> >>
> >> "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
GordonLiq (5)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Print Preview, Office Mac X, Zoom not working
The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the document, as it is unreadable otherwise. The following MSKB article refers to Excel 98, but perhaps the same solution will work in your version: XL98: Zoom Button Is Unavailable in Print Preview http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=186869 Nick Shestople wrote: > The Zoom function in print preview is greyed out. I need to enlarge the > document, as it is unreadable otherwise. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

FYI Office 2003 Updates Now Available
Visit http://office.microsoft.com and click on Check for Updates Word 2003 Update: KB834702 (Finnish) / Word 2003 Update: KB834702 for Multilingual User Interface Pack (English). This update fixes an issue with the user interface for the Finnish version of Word 2003. The OK button is missing from the Table Properties dialogue box. Access 2003 Danish Update: KB834013 (Danish) / Access 2003 Danish Update for Multilingual User Interface Pack: KB834013 (English). This update from Microsoft prevents a potential error. If this error occurs, the three Danish characters �, � and � do not appear cor...

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...