Outlook 2003: Copy Full Names to email display Names

I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000.
I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name
field.
2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name.

Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses.
What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display
Name?

What do you mean by "choose email addresses?" The Display Name has varied
with each version of Outlook, but it is of no consequence. What makes you
think it is?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"orbojeff" <jeff.callahan@orbograph.com> wrote in message
>I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000.
> I believe 2000 used to choose email addresses based on the Full Name
> field.
> 2003 appears to choose based on the Email Display name.
>
> Most of my email Display Names are just the email addresses.
> What is the easiest way to copy the Full Name to the email Display
> Name?

0
russval1 (2100)
10/10/2005 8:11:02 PM
>From what I can tell the address AutoFill in Outlook 2003 is based on
the email Display Name.
In 2000 I believe it was based on the "Full Name"

Therefore I want to copy all of the Full Names to the Display Field
I exported my contacts to excel and did it that way.
However when  I imported them Outlook did not like the space between
the first and last name.
Any ideas what format it needs to be in to accept the space?

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

TextBox Bound to Memo Filed displays the first 255 Chr
hi everyone I have a "Notes" field which is set on the table as a MEMO field. The notes field is loaded into a form (bound) .the "Notes" field contains more than 255 characters. However, the "Notes" field (which is already a memo field type bound to textbox) the textbox cuts off all data after 255 characters. please help thanks Wael If the form is based directly on the table (not on a query), you probably have something in the Format property of the text box on the form, or in the Format property of the field in the table. Eliminate whatever is in the ...

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

how do I display a hyperlink in a seperate cell in excel?
I have a spreadsheet that has emails hyperlinked. I simply want to display those emails in another cell Saved from a previous post: One way to extract those URL's from a hyperlink created via Insert|Hyperlink is with a userdefinedfunction. Here's one that may help: Option Explicit Function GetURL(Rng As Range) As String Application.Volatile Set Rng = Rng(1) If Rng.Hyperlinks.Count = 0 Then GetURL = "" Else GetURL = Rng.Hyperlinks(1).Address End If End Function So if you had a hyperlink in A1, you could put =getURL(a1) in that a...

Forward copy of outgoing e-mails to managers
I have a client that is running Exchange 2003. It is a brokerage firm and is bound by strict rules from the SEC and NASD. One of the requirements is that all incoming and outgoing e-mail is recorded and stored. We have this taken care of using journaling and ComplianceVault. Another requirement is that all managers receive a copy of all of the users e-mail. We are using forwarding to accomplish this for incoming e-mail but can't figure out how to also send the managers a copy of their outgoing. Is there anything that I am missing or can I do this? Aztech wrote: > I have a client...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Copying fields in backend
Hi Access Group. Can somebody help me with my problem. Scenarium: I have an Access backend, only with tables ;-). These tables are updated with data written from a program which is not developed in Access. I have no forms in the backend in which I can call Modules or Subcodes. What I need is that when the table "tbl_prod" has been updated with new data, then the text value of field "tbl_prod.Article" is to be copied into the emty field "tbl_prod.Barcode" of the updated record. Is it possible to made this copy only in the table field settings, or can it be do...

multiple copies won't print is word 2002
I am running Word 2002, ( as part of works suite 6). All of a sudden it won't print multiple copies of a doc, only one. I have a brother hl-5040 with 136 mb memory. The computer is running win xp pro; sp3. Any ideas? Thanks As a first step, I would suggest that you make sure you have the latest printer driver available and then delete and reinstall the printer. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B84BC29-BAB9-4187-AFD8-6F19FD9BECCE@microsoft.com... > I am running Word 2002, ( as part of work...

Outlook XP and attachments