Outlook 2003 contacts problems

After carrying out a detect and repair on Outlook it returned to its default
settings. I must have discarded my customised settings  during the detect
and repair.

I have managed to restore my mail folders and contacts. Searching the web it
seems the customised settings/ account settings are not in the pst file and
I will have to manually set them up again.

My question is about contacts, I can't get the contacts to work as my email
addressbook.
In contacts when I try contact properties/outlook address book the "show
this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out.

Can anyone suggest what do here please.

Thanks

You might have to delete and add  the outlook address book from the
Directory.

Close outlook

Double click on the  Mail icon in the control panel.
Email Account - View or change existing Directory or Address book.

Giri

"nicoll" <generalnicoll@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After carrying out a detect and repair on Outlook it returned to its
> default
> settings. I must have discarded my customised settings  during the detect
> and repair.
>
> I have managed to restore my mail folders and contacts. Searching the web
> it seems the customised settings/ account settings are not in the pst file
> and I will have to manually set them up again.
>
> My question is about contacts, I can't get the contacts to work as my
> email addressbook.
> In contacts when I try contact properties/outlook address book the "show
> this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out.
>
> Can anyone suggest what do here please.
>
> Thanks

nicoll <generalnicoll@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My question is about contacts, I can't get the contacts to work as my
> email addressbook.
> In contacts when I try contact properties/outlook address book the
> "show this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out.

Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Add a new directory or address book>Next.
Select "Additional Address Books" and click next.  Select the Outlook
Address Book and click Next, then Finish.  You should now be able to enable
the folder as an address book.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/10/2005 5:02:34 PM
Thanks, it works now

> nicoll <generalnicoll@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My question is about contacts, I can't get the contacts to work as my
>> email addressbook.
>> In contacts when I try contact properties/outlook address book the
>> "show this folder as an e-mail address book" is greyed out.
>
> Click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Add a new directory or address book>Next.
> Select "Additional Address Books" and click next.  Select the Outlook
> Address Book and click Next, then Finish.  You should now be able to
> enable the folder as an address book.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

can't create rules in outlook

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me). For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too common and not related to a specific site or sites. So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't want t...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Same Contact, Different Owners
We are running V4. Big big concern of our users is multiple owners of a single contact. CRM is only allowing one user to sync back changes from the CRM to Outlook (so the first user to synch their Outlook contacts with CRM wins). Even if record is shared, updates are not being synch'd. Are there any solutions/ideas/suggestions to handle this? The easier way to do it is to modify the local data rule for synchornizing the data. The default rule is to download all of the records owned by the login user. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 6:26=...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Excel 2003 Page Breaks
I e-mailed a workbook to a collegue that contained 28 worksheets. On my PC, all the vertical page breaks were set so printing was done on one page for each sheet. On his machine the page break shifted to the left such that some columns were on a second page for each sheet. What can be done to preserve the verticle page break setting. This file will be sent daily and we would like to not need to adjust the page breaks. He probably has a different printer and a different printer driver. Not much you can do about that, except work in very safe distance from the margins. Maybe doing the fin...

custom paper size problem
I have to create a custom envelope size for a client. I know how to do it via the windows printers dialogs. That's no biggie. But when I distribute the client mdb out to his workstations, do I need to (or have him do it) create the same one on each workstation or is there code I can write in ms access (2k) that can create a new printer form (I've searched and cannot find anything)? I can see that if we have to do this manually it's going to be a problem every time they set up a new machine. Thanks, Keith Never mind. As I work on this part of this project I'm realizing that...