Outlook 2002 moving recipient from "to" to "Cc" field when sending.

I can't find anything on technet!
Here's the deal though and this happens on all PC's
running Office XP here.

When I type in "CO", the alias for one of our users, the
email will then resolve to "Christine Outler" which is
underlined with a broken line. No big deal, it resolved
right? Nope! When I send the message, instead of sending
to that recipient, it copies them instead.
Checking the email in the "sent items" folder shows
no "to" field because it was only copied to them.
What does this broken underline mean? and how can I fix it?

-Dave
0
dc8388 (3)

Outlook+Norton Internet Security=0x800CCC0F
Hi, I have a new PC (Win XP Pro) with Office 2003 and Norton Internet security 2005. When I pop mail I immediately get an error message indicating the pop failed and the error code is 0x800CCC0F. I've spent lots of time searching around groups and forums for an answer. Right now I'm ready to junk NIS 2005 but thought I'd ask here before giving up. Everything is current (patch/service pcaks) for WinXp, Office, NAI2005. My specifics A) SMTP and Pop work fine before installing NIS 2005. I build and manage SMTP gateways/listservs in my business and have years of experience buildi...

Copying Specific Records From A Field According to another Field By Code
Hi, I have the below code which copies records from a query to a table as below which works fine, but I want it in the last line where it copies: MySet2![DAILY CHARGE] = MySet![Price] if in the Myset![PRICELIST] the value is "Z" to copy this instead MySet2![DAILY CHARGE] = MySet![DAILY CHARGE] otherwise to continue to copy MySet2![DAILY CHARGE] = MySet![Price] What do I have to modify below to make it work. Thanks Ange Dim PoseidonHotelProgram As Database Dim rsta As DAO.Recordset Dim frm As Form Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response, MyString Set db1 = CurrentDb() S...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook...
Hiya, I have a colleague who is developing an Access application that is required to send an e-mail at certain points in the day. When doing so he is presented with this prompt which is not wanted since these e-mail will be sent 24/7 when no one is here. -A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? I seem to remember seeing a tool which would disable these security features. Can anyone tell me where to find this or point me in the direction of some suitable solution. Cheers. James. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.h...

Error "Another program is trying to access Outlook" when using CRM
Hello! When using Microsoft CRM 1.2 integrated with Outlook 2002, many of my users are continuously receiving a message stating "Another program is trying to access Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" They are then prompted to allow access to Outlook for up to 10 minutes. If they say yes, 10 minutes later they receive the message again. I believe this may be a Security issue with Outlook but I do not know how to allow the CRM to access Outlook so that we are not seeing this message over and over. Can someone help? Thank you! ...

Can I download my Outlook Web Access email into Outlook Express?
Hello I use Outlook Web Access hosted at work on an Exchange server. But it is a real pain because it takes about ten minutes just to log on. i would prefer to download my messages to Outlook Express. I know how to download Hotmail into Outlook Express. Is it possible to do the same with emails on an Exchange server - I connect using https://xyz/exchange I cannot connect on port 110 - so can not directly get pop3 mail. But wondered if I could download my web mail somehow. Angus Comber ac@NOSPAMiteloffice.com Afraid not, if you want it in Outlook Express see if your Exchange Adminis...

How do I segregate cc and "to" messages in Outlook?
Need to separate messages I am copied on with messages sent directly to me. frandan wrote: > Need to separate messages I am copied on with messages sent directly to me. Logically there is no difference between the To and Cc headers. Either can be used to specify the recipients. Neither of them are used to actually specify the recipient to the mail server. The To, Cc, and Bcc fields are merely presented to you for organizational purposes. Your e-mail client compiles an aggregate list of recipients from these *fields* in its UI and then sends a separate RCPT-TO command to yo...

How to get Email address list from Outlook to Msaccess
Hello, Is there a way to get the Email address list from Outlook and input to a Combo control using Ac2003? Thanks in advance Am 04.06.2010 20:42, schrieb Abe Katz: > Hello, > Is there a way to get the Email address list from Outlook and input to a > Combo control using Ac2003? > Thanks in advance > > Well you could insert your contact data into a table. I wrote a code for that. Sub GetOutlookContacts() Dim outWorkspace As Object Dim appOut As New Outlook.Application Dim objKon As Object Dim intz As Integer Dim strName As String Dim strFirstname As...

Outlook attempting to access COM component 'Outlook.Application.11'
Hi, I am running HIPS software, and am getting a lot of complaints when I attempt to copy and paste sections of emails into other mails and copying from email sections to another program. I cannot find any information that makes sense to me (lots of stuff on 'InvokeVerb2 method' etc) hmmm. Could anybody advise when this particular action happens and if it is only linked to copying and pasting (could it be used in any way by viruses, worms etc?) Any help appreciated. Darren Mease <darren.mease@boxingorange.com> wrote: > I am running HIPS software, Care to define w...

Using Outlook and Outlook Web Access together
I'm a long time user of the Outlook client in my office but get fed up with having to dial in to our network via a 56k modem to get access to my e-mail whan I am working at home. I was therefore delighted to find that I can have Outlook Web Access enabled so that I can grab my e-mail on my separate home machine via my broadband connection to the net. Well the OWA was enabled today and a number of questions arise which folk may be able to help me with... - This afternoon I processed and then deleted a number of messages using full Outlook in the office. Tonight however these messages st...

problem with conversion from access 97 to 2002
I tried to convert an Access 97 databasa (.mdb file) to Access 2002 and received the following message: "You do not have the necessary permissions to use the 'MSysACEs" obect. Have your system administrator or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permissions." What to do? Thanks Hi, - Make sure that you have both Open/Run and Open Exclusive permissions for the Access database. If you own the database, make sure to set these permissions. If you do not own the database, contact its owner to find out if you can get these permissions. ...

Non-Outlook access to old O2k .pst
I have about 670 mb of old messages in the Outlook 2000 .pst files on my 'old' pc. Cannot afford to license Outlook on my 'new' pc. I can/will put the O2k files on the 'new' pc, which runs Win7 HP-64 OEM. How can I access them there if/when I need to dig an old Email out? Any/all help/suggestions much appreciated. Puddin' "Law Without Equity Is No Law At All. It Is A Form Of Jungle Rule." "Puddin' Man" <puddingDOTman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fd5j16dvhp8m2lps6q6dl3cjq3r8nt71kn@4ax.com... > > I have about 670 mb ...

How to export Outlook Express account info off external HD
Hello folks, my aunt's computer recently died and I got her setup with a new laptop. I've hooked up her old HD to an external HD enclosure via USB and am wondering if there's a way to transfer her Outlook Express account info from the USB drive into MS Outlook on the new laptop. I was able to convert her .dbx files and import into MS Outlook just fine but unable to setup the accounts. I've read that account info for OE is stored in Registry keys in which case this won't be possible I'm guessing but thought I would double check on a couple forums befor...

Unable to Export Date Field from Mail Items (Outlook & Access 2007)
How do I do this in Access 2007. It was easy in 2003, but I can't find the external data for exchange. Thanks, Kat I could easily do this in 2003, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with Access and Outlook 2007. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! K REFERENCE LINK: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240226 Outlook only imports and exports a limited number of fields. When Outlook exports e-mail messages, the date fields are not included. This is a limitation of the Export wizard. In order to import e-mail date fields, you can use a database program solution...

2 Computers - 1 Network Drive
I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two separate copies). I also have a network drive. Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may access it? What files do I need to copy to my network drive? How do I "point" Outlook on the computers to the network drive? Steve wrote: > I have 2 computers - each with its own Outlook 2007 (yes, I bought two > separate copies). I also have a network drive. > > Can I have one set of outlook data on my network drive so each computer may > access it? ...

how to set up account protection for Outlook 2003?
Hi all, I have two questions. I need your help! Q1: Both my roommate and I use our computer to check emails. Can Outlook 2003 be configured to support multiple users -- she and I both have each own separate mailbox in Outlook 2003 and no privacy will be compromised and we use "username" and "password" to get into each person's mailbox in Outlook 2003? Because we want to be able to have Outlook open all the time and download all emails automatically from our multiple email accounts: such as company email account, yahoo, hotmail, etc. We don't want to check ...

How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download?
How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download This is the Outlook newsgroup. Outlook Express is a different program. You don't download Outlook Express. It's part of Internet Explorer and your O/S. Look in the Start Menu in Programs. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C27B0DE-4C72-41D3-BC87-B4652F45E4F2@microsoft.com... | How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Frank <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access Outlook Express? Where to download Outlook Express probably came with your Wi...

cc'd users not able to be seen in received message
I have several users that cannot see other recipients of certain e-mails. If there is a group sent the e-mail. And they are the recipient, the other people that were carbon copied on the e-mail, cannot be seen. Therefore they do not know if anyone else got the e-mail so they forward the mail. This is Exchange Server 2003. Has anyone ever run into this before? This is a first for me. Thanks for all your help In news:1153773863.490296.7690@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, wecanhlp77@gmail.com <wecanhlp77@gmail.com> typed: > I have several users that cannot see other recipients of certa...

Excel macro to create e-mail in Outlook Web Access
Hi, Where I work they've changed from Outlook 2003 to Outlook Web Access. At the end of each day I send a report by e-mail to several other people in the organisation. To date I've used a macro in Excel that takes figures from a worksheet and creates an e-mail in Outlook. If I'm logged in to Outlook Web Access, can I still get an Excel macro to create an e-mail message? Thanks, DL ...

Difficulty in pulling email into Outlook from Outlook Web Access
I want to be able to send/receive e-mail locally in Outlook. In trying to setup my e-mail account with my local Outlook, I am unable to connect to my Outlook Web Access server to check the username or connect to the server. I have tried both http setup in Outlook and exchange server setup via the Control Panel>Mail. When trying to set it up as "http" Outlook -hangs- when connecting and eventually comes back with the message that it is unable to connect to the server and is going offline. When setting it up as an Exchange account, I get an Outlook Error message that says...

OWA Access stops / Outlook ok
Server is HP DL380 running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win2k3. Up to last Thurs was running fine (as could be expected), but from thurs 23 morning we have found that Exchange is stopping the OWA service and webmail does not work. This is affecting almost all of our users as we are Mac-based and use Entourage - which is a WebDav client. It seems as though Outlook 2003 works still - checked via Parallels. I cannot find anything in the logs that is specifically about OWA/WebDav. Any suggestions for how to determine the cause please? On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:52:02 -0800, craigontour <craigonto...

cc to a folder
Does anyone know if you can cc an email you are sending to a specific folder? For example, when I email a client, I always want to keep a copy of the email I sent in an email folder for that client so if I need to find all correspondence with that client I don't have to go through my Send email folder. What I have been doing is bcc myself, and when I get the email back, I file it to the appropriate folder. Thank you. This is what I do: (1) Select your Sent Items Folder (2) Go to Tools (ctrl t) (3) Select Rules and Alerts (4) Select New Rule (5) Click on Move MEssages sent to a d...

Connecting to Outlook Web Access with Outlook 2003 remotely
I am a consultant for a client who uses Outlook mail. They will not allow us to have VPN access so that we can directly access their Exchange server. However, they have granted access to their Outlook Webmail server. I would like to know how I can configure my Outlook 2003 to access mail using the Outlook Web Access. E.g. There is an option when you set up new accounts in Control Panel > Mail for HTTP. I have entered the URL for the webmail server, my login, password, etc. but it doesn't work. seven_percent <Daniel.Gullo@gmail.com> wrote: > I am a consultant for a clien...

Outlook blocked access to the potentially unsafe objects: package
Hi, We get a warning prompt while sending a mail with another emails as attachments. It says "outlook found potentially unsafe objects" message. All the attachments in the email are MSG format files. I know the procedure to allow unsafe file attachments but the error message says "unsafe objects". How do I allow sending mails with unsafe objects?? -Chandu If you try to send the same message in Plain Text format, do you still get that error? If so, there is probably an object within your message that is triggering the error. Things like Stationery and Si...