Outlook 2000 "Out of memory or system resources" problems

OS: Win XP Pro
CPU/Ram: 1.3M Presario Laptop 256MB RAM

I run Win XP Pro on Pentium 1.3M with 256MB Ram, I'm
getting "out of memory or low in system resources" error
while using OUTLOOK 2000. Some folders don't open and and
I can't move items between folders. This started just 1
week ago. I've tried updating Office to with SR1 update.
It was successful though I got one error "cannot apply
patch to C:\config.msi\pt472.tmp....." saying patch may
have been applied by other setup...
I've tried reinstalling my McAfee virusscan, repairing
office(which was successful but encountered same error).

HELP!

Mike

HELP! Outlook 2007: 'Out of memory or system resources' Issue
I am desperately trying to locate Diane Poremsky [MVP] who had replied to another user (below) re making a new profile or another MVP, or anyone that can help! My original, unanswered post follows. Thanks! Diane-- Your suggestion re making a new profile as I have a different issue in that I'm using OL 2007 on Vista Ultimate, not Win 7, & have encountered out of the blue the dreaded 'out of memory or system resources' issue. I saw you respond to someone using Win 7 & had my issue via Google but I couldn't find the thread here. Anyway, can you provide me ...

HELP! Outlook 2007: 'Out of memory or system resources' Issue
I am desperately trying to locate Diane Poremsky [MVP] who responded to another user re making a new profile, or another MVP, or anyone that can help with my original post as follows! Diane-- Your suggestion re making a new profile as I have a different issue in that I'm using OL 2007 on Vista Ultimate, not Win 7, & have encountered out of the blue the dreaded 'out of memory or system resources' issue. I saw you respond to someone using Win 7 & had my issue via Google but I couldn't find the thread here. Anyway, can you provide me wth specific stepwise ...

Outlook 2007: Out of memory or system resources
I'm running Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate & out of the blue have run into the dreaded "out of memory or system resources" issue. This happened once before & I can't remember how I resolved it. I'm running OL in Safe Mode but it's a royal pain. The affected .pst fille is only 911 MB. Suggestions? Thanks. Just curious if anyone out there has experienced this problem before. "RDU" wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate & out of the blue have run into > the dreaded "out of memory or system resources"...

HELP! Outlook 2007: 'Out of memory or system resources' Issue
I am desperately trying to locate Diane Poremsky [MVP] who responded to another user re making a new profile, or another MVP, or anyone that can help with my original post as follows! Diane-- Your suggestion re making a new profile as I have a different issue in that I'm using OL 2007 on Vista Ultimate, not Win 7, & have encountered out of the blue the dreaded 'out of memory or system resources' issue. I saw you respond to someone using Win 7 & had my issue via Google but I couldn't find the thread here. Anyway, can you provide me wth specific stepwise ...

Rules and Alerts gives me Out of memory or system resources error
Outlook 2003 Every time I go to "Tools" / "Rules and Alerts" I get the following error: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. Everything else is working perfectly fine, it's just this one function. thanks I am getting the same error from any PC that has Outlook 2003 installed! This is really annoying. Anyone with similar problem? gougler wrote: > Outlook 2003 > Every time I go to "Tools" / "Rules and Alerts" I get the following > error: > > Microsoft Office Out...

MS Outlook 2003
Background - Running XP pro SP3, 2gb ram, 60gb hd, most demanding program to run is Photoshop (about once a month and I shut down all other programs). Office 2003 is loaded on the laptop. Issue - There is one email with an Excel attachment that Outlook will not open. This email is from a set distribution list. The email is a status update sent out twice a day. When I try to open, I receive a: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I can open any other email or attachment. I can open this email when u...

Outlook 2002.Out of memory or system resources
Hi I am running Outlook 2002 (sp3); win xp (sp1); Exchange2k. I get the above error message intermittently when trying to create new emails. All other functionality is unaffected. I exit outlook, and its fine again. Am not using POP3 or pst's - all exchange based. Only happens on 1 client (me!) The 11 articles in MS KB are not relevant to my issue .. Any suggestions? thanks in advance, Johnno Johnno, Clean up your mailbox... foldersize is too big.. move mail to pst's on local hdd and you should be fine... Wrecks "Nik Johnson" <nicholas.johnson((removeThis))@s...

outlook 2002: out of memory or system resources
I'm getting the following message when I try to print one particular email... outlook 2002: out of memory or system resources I don't get the message when I print other email but one specific email. I'm using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP. Jack ...

Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.?!???
I often need to copy-paste appointsments from another PIM application into outlook. Very often I then get an error popup with the subject content. What could cause this? I doubt it is memory, since I have 2GB RAM and taskmanager currenly claims only 1.4GB as being in use, so what other "system resource" could here regularly run short here??? This never happens after a reboot, always only, if the system has been running for a while. Having to reboot to get this going again is annoying. Is that maybe something that can be fixed with some registry tweak, like default process sta...

"Out of Memory or system resources"
I have Outlook 2002. After downloading email messages and whenever I try to delete messages, I get an error message, "Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." Hence, not able to delete messages. When I close all programs, no change, same message. The only known fix is to shut down computer and restart after receiving new messages. This is not a workable fix. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be helpful. Thank you, Glenn Glen, I would first check to see if your hard-drive is out of space. Open MyComputer - Cli...

Outlook 2002
When sending & receiving I get the following error: "Task 'Work - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'" Outlook version: 2002 SP3 RAM: 1Gb Available Physical Memory: 659Mb Free disk space on drive that holds mail delivery PST: 27.5Gb Current size of mail delivery PST: 179Mb I have tried shutting down all unnecessary applications and no applications seem to be using an abnormal amount of memory. I have also tried rebooting. I have Googled this and any s...

Outlook 2000 "Out of memory or system resources" problems
OS: Win XP Pro CPU/Ram: 1.3M Presario Laptop 256MB RAM I run Win XP Pro on Pentium 1.3M with 256MB Ram, I'm getting "out of memory or low in system resources" error while using OUTLOOK 2000. Some folders don't open and and I can't move items between folders. This started just 1 week ago. I've tried updating Office to with SR1 update. It was successful though I got one error "cannot apply patch to C:\config.msi\pt472.tmp....." saying patch may have been applied by other setup... I've tried reinstalling my McAfee virusscan, repairing office(whic...

"Out of Memory or System Resources" errors in Outlook 2000
Receive this message irregardless of what is being done. If attaching a file, printing, archiving, etc. Ran the Scanpst.exe and it found some inconsistencies, but when I clicked on Repair it freezes up. After a few times of that, then it would not let me open up Outlook at all. Any Suggestions? thanks Zammad How big is your PST file? You may also check out the following site for more information: To repair a damaged Personal Folders PST file http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm On this page is also mentioned the use of Scandisk.exe and the PST2GB tool (along with some othe...

Outlook 2003: Message Box Appears: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some or programs and try again"
I had a problem, found the solution, and thought I'd post my findings instead of being simply greedy and moving on my way. :) Problem: When running Outlook 2003, I'm was receiving a message box (pop up window) when trying to open any email or item: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some or programs and try again." Solution: Apparently, this catch all message appears for a host of reasons, and it appears to be a message that's been around for a loong time based on returns from Yahoo! searches. So no one person's solution applies to...

Again and agin, when I paste an entry from another calendar into Outlook I get the error: ------------------------ Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. ------------------------ At that point the only "workaround" is to reboot. Before that Outlook won't let me paste anything into it. What could cause this and how can I fix it? Michael "Michael Moser" wrote in message news:uvHT$8pXIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Again and agin, when I paste an entry from another calendar into > Outlook I get the error: > --...

Out of Memory or System Resources.
For some reason I'm getting this error when I try to open email in Outlook 2003 (or view just about ANY of the settings). This ONLY happens when I connect to an Exchange 2003 server, and NOT to a IMAP mail server. The exact error is: Out of Memory or System Resources. Try Closing Other Programs to Free Up Memory or Other System Resources When this happens I am using 224 MB with 512 physical, and 886 max. So it's not a memory issue. Anyone know what may be the problem? I'm able to send / receive email via the exchange server, I just can't open it! I'm also using ...

out of memory or system resources
My boss keeps getting this error when he launches Outlook 2000. It says unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. It does this weekly. I upgraded the Ram to 512. Its a 2000 workstation. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks , art Does your boss have to many messages saved in his sent or deleted folder? >-----Original Message----- >My boss keeps getting this error when he launches Outlook >2000. It says unable to expand the folder. The set of >folders could not ...

Out of memory or system resources?
I am running a single MS Exchange 2000 Enterprise server, It is a duall PIII 1000Ghz processor box with 1GB Ram, and lots of disk space left. I have several users that have a large size mailbox (unable to do much about this). Lately when some users sync their mailbox with a local copy, it generates the error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'" I have this server patched up, and it does do a defrag each night. Any ideas and or tips I could try to get aro...

JPG/Out of memory or system resources
I use Outlook 2002, and I get the out of memory or system resources error whenever I try to open a .jpg attachment to an email. I can successfully open Powerpoint and .wmv attachments but not .jpg. I can of course save the .jpg file as a file, and then open. ...

"Out of memory or system resources"
A while ago I started to get the error messages "Out of memory or system resources". Close some windows or programs and try again" when pasting things into Outlook. First this appeared only occasional, but recently this is showing up practically every time I paste something into Outlook. Since I have a machine with 2GB of RAM and ample space for the pagefile (which I haven't maxed but have it "managed automatically", so it could grow to whatever the system considers required) and since my .pst file is down to 65MB (it has been >100MB several times in the...

Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
OUTLOOK 2000, ERROR MESSAGE: Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. This happens when creating a new email and clicking on the paperclip button on the outlook bar (inserting an file/attchment). I did a search in the knowledge base for Outlook 2000 but it came up with "When attempting to open an encrypted message ...". It's the same error only I'm trying to insert an attachment not open an encrypted message. I've already tried doing a "Detect and Repair" but that's never seemed to work for any issues my Outlook h...

Can't Open This Item. Out of Memory or System Resources
I get this in Outlook 2002 ALL THE TIME. Is there a fix? Did Outlook ever work properly? When did this behavior start? What did you install/uninstall just prior to it not working anymore? Hint: "Nothing" is not a good answer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, kjwooby asked: | I get this in Outlook 2002 ALL THE TIME. Is there a fix? ...

Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
I have been unable to get Outlook Today to display when I open Outlook 2003. I get the following message when I start Outlook 2003, "Unable to display the folder. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." However, I only have Outlook 2003 running and no other program is loaded. This also happens when I first start my computer and load Outlook 2003 first. Any suggestions on how to remedy this and restore Outlook Today? Does it work if you start in safe mode? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.ou...