Outlook 2000 Opens System32 folder

Hi all

When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the System32
folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it neither.

What can i do?

Please help me :)

Thanks in Advance!
0
no (445)

I would start by reloading Office - sounds like the path or program location
has either been lost or moved.

--
Regards,

Francine Otterson
President, San Diego Outlook User Group
MVP - Microsoft Outlook

"Andy" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the System32
> folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it neither.
>
> What can i do?
>
> Please help me :)
>
> Thanks in Advance!

0
outlook3306 (110)
4/11/2006 12:51:54 PM
Andy <no@spam.com> wrote:

> When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the
> System32 folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it
> neither.

Try repairing (in Windows Explorer) the File Type option for .XLS files.
--
Brian Tillman
0
Andy <no@spam.com> wrote:

> anyone ? please ?

Why not read the answers that have been posted?
--
Brian Tillman
0
> Hi all
>=20
> When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the System32=
=20
> folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it neither.
>=20
> What can i do?
>=20
> Please help me :)
>=20
> Thanks in Advance!

0
no (445)
4/19/2006 2:23:27 AM
Sorry my news reader did not download the answers, now i see them.

> Andy <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
> > anyone ? please ?
>
> Why not read the answers that have been posted?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
andy430 (2)
4/20/2006 7:15:31 AM
Brian:

If i open an xls file from windows explorer everything works fine, this is
only happening with Outlook.

> Andy <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
> > When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the
> > System32 folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it
> > neither.
>
> Try repairing (in Windows Explorer) the File Type option for .XLS files.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
andy430 (2)
4/20/2006 7:17:08 AM
Andy <andy@no-spam.com> wrote:

> If i open an xls file from windows explorer everything works fine,
> this is only happening with Outlook.

Despite that, did you try repairing the file association?
--
Brian Tillman
0

I knew it had something to do with the file type, but didn't make the
connection to check the association.  thank you again!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Andy <no@spam.com> wrote:
>
> > When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the
> > System32 folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it
> > neither.
>
> Try repairing (in Windows Explorer) the File Type option for .XLS files.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
Carrie (48)

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work