outlook 2000 meeting request to outlook 2003

Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want to do 
is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able to use Outlook 
2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons who might be running 
Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to Outlook 2003. Can this work 
without the upgrade? I had tried to do this but it doesn't seem to work, 
does anyone know a solution other than to upgrade?

Thanks 


0
how_kong (5)
4/26/2007 2:40:40 AM
outlook 87535 articles. 11 followers. Follow

6 Replies
379 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Sorry, I forgot to add that I want the persons using Outlook 2003 to be able 
to add the meeting requests from Outlook 2000.

"How" <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote in message 
news:edYeIx6hHHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want to 
> do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able to use 
> Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons who might be 
> running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to Outlook 2003. Can this 
> work without the upgrade? I had tried to do this but it doesn't seem to 
> work, does anyone know a solution other than to upgrade?
>
> Thanks
> 


0
how_kong (5)
4/26/2007 2:44:20 AM
How <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want
> to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able
> to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons
> who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to
> Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do
> this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other
> than to upgrade?

We worked with a mixed Outlook 2000/2002/2003 environment for quite a while 
and there was never an interoperability problem such as you describe. 
Outlook 2003 had no trouble accepting meeting requests sent from the Outlook 
2000.  Please describe your symptoms in greater detail.  Exactly what 
happens and how do you produce the problem?
-- 
Brian Tillman 

0
tillman1952 (16051)
4/26/2007 12:06:41 PM
When I send a meeting requests from 2000 to 2003, i receive the email but I 
don't get the options to accept, decline or change the meeting requests 
sent. It comes as a regular email and not as a request.
Same goes for sending from 2003 to 2000.

"Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OxRAqt$hHHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> How <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want
>> to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able
>> to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons
>> who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to
>> Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do
>> this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other
>> than to upgrade?
>
> We worked with a mixed Outlook 2000/2002/2003 environment for quite a 
> while and there was never an interoperability problem such as you 
> describe. Outlook 2003 had no trouble accepting meeting requests sent from 
> the Outlook 2000.  Please describe your symptoms in greater detail. 
> Exactly what happens and how do you produce the problem?
> -- 
> Brian Tillman 


0
how_kong (5)
4/26/2007 8:31:57 PM
That means the tnef is getting removed - make sure the recipient is set for 
RTf and the mail server isn't stripping it.

-- 
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/

Outlook Tips by email:
dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version 
when requesting assistance **

"How" <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote in message 
news:Or4oxHEiHHA.5048@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> When I send a meeting requests from 2000 to 2003, i receive the email but 
> I don't get the options to accept, decline or change the meeting requests 
> sent. It comes as a regular email and not as a request.
> Same goes for sending from 2003 to 2000.
>
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:OxRAqt$hHHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> How <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want
>>> to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able
>>> to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons
>>> who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to
>>> Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do
>>> this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other
>>> than to upgrade?
>>
>> We worked with a mixed Outlook 2000/2002/2003 environment for quite a 
>> while and there was never an interoperability problem such as you 
>> describe. Outlook 2003 had no trouble accepting meeting requests sent 
>> from the Outlook 2000.  Please describe your symptoms in greater detail. 
>> Exactly what happens and how do you produce the problem?
>> -- 
>> Brian Tillman
>
> 

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/26/2007 8:50:28 PM
It's behind a winproxy server, would that filter out the tnef.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
news:5B4DDDFB-C6E1-4786-ADD8-027101801EEE@microsoft.com...
> That means the tnef is getting removed - make sure the recipient is set 
> for RTf and the mail server isn't stripping it.
>
> -- 
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version 
> when requesting assistance **
>
> "How" <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote in message 
> news:Or4oxHEiHHA.5048@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> When I send a meeting requests from 2000 to 2003, i receive the email but 
>> I don't get the options to accept, decline or change the meeting requests 
>> sent. It comes as a regular email and not as a request.
>> Same goes for sending from 2003 to 2000.
>>
>> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OxRAqt$hHHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> How <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want
>>>> to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able
>>>> to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons
>>>> who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to
>>>> Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do
>>>> this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other
>>>> than to upgrade?
>>>
>>> We worked with a mixed Outlook 2000/2002/2003 environment for quite a 
>>> while and there was never an interoperability problem such as you 
>>> describe. Outlook 2003 had no trouble accepting meeting requests sent 
>>> from the Outlook 2000.  Please describe your symptoms in greater detail. 
>>> Exactly what happens and how do you produce the problem?
>>> -- 
>>> Brian Tillman
>>
>>
> 


0
how_kong (5)
4/27/2007 5:21:24 AM
It works from 2003 to 2003. The settings in 2000 are all set to RTF, not 
sure whatI'm missing.


"How" <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote in message 
news:OkX1nvIiHHA.2028@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> It's behind a winproxy server, would that filter out the tnef.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message 
> news:5B4DDDFB-C6E1-4786-ADD8-027101801EEE@microsoft.com...
>> That means the tnef is getting removed - make sure the recipient is set 
>> for RTf and the mail server isn't stripping it.
>>
>> -- 
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>
>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version 
>> when requesting assistance **
>>
>> "How" <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote in message 
>> news:Or4oxHEiHHA.5048@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> When I send a meeting requests from 2000 to 2003, i receive the email 
>>> but I don't get the options to accept, decline or change the meeting 
>>> requests sent. It comes as a regular email and not as a request.
>>> Same goes for sending from 2003 to 2000.
>>>
>>> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:OxRAqt$hHHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> How <how_kong@shaw.ca> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi, I have a terminal server running W2K and office 2000, what I want
>>>>> to do is for persons who remote into the terminal server to be able
>>>>> to use Outlook 2000 to create meeting requests and send to persons
>>>>> who might be running Outlook 2003 without having to upgrade to
>>>>> Outlook 2003. Can this work without the upgrade? I had tried to do
>>>>> this but it doesn't seem to work, does anyone know a solution other
>>>>> than to upgrade?
>>>>
>>>> We worked with a mixed Outlook 2000/2002/2003 environment for quite a 
>>>> while and there was never an interoperability problem such as you 
>>>> describe. Outlook 2003 had no trouble accepting meeting requests sent 
>>>> from the Outlook 2000.  Please describe your symptoms in greater 
>>>> detail. Exactly what happens and how do you produce the problem?
>>>> -- 
>>>> Brian Tillman
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 


0
how_kong (5)
4/27/2007 2:12:34 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

repost: Outlook and incoming html
Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? Thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it Tendril <dontuspamtendril@shotgunsandwich.net> wrote: > Is it possible to turn off html for incoming messages in Outlook 2000? I don't think so. That feature was added in Outlook 2002. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths do...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem
Hi I've a big problem in Outlook Mobile Access. I've a server exchange standalone withoput a front-end=20 one... I've configured the OWA web form authentication and SSL. For OWA it's all right...everything is going right... The problem is OMA When I try to log on on oma I find the following error=20 message :"Unable to connect to your mailbox" To solve my problem I've found in microsoft web site the=20 following link Microsoft Knowledge Base - 817379 Cannot Access Exchange Server 2003 by Using Outlook Mobile=20 Access When the Exchange Virtual Directory Require...

How do i get outlook to update hotmail account without reopening?
the tedster <the tedster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask your question in the body of the message. Without reopening what? Outlook? Hotmail? The short answer is "you can't". -- Brian Tillman ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10
If i type in the cell A34: neil.Holden@test.com and press a button is it possible to email to the address of what ever is in A34 is? The email body should say: this has been submitted for cell B34 and todays date. Thanks. Check out Ron De Bruins "Send-Mail" tips: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Micky "Neil Holden" wrote: > If i type in the cell A34: neil.Holden@test.com and press a button is it > possible to email to the address of what ever is in A34 is? > > The email body should say: this has been submitted for cell B34 and...

outlook 2007 runs slow
Hi Outlook 2007 runs slow. Is there a way to speed it up. Thanks Do you have the outlook performance update installed? Are you using a Dell laptop? Did you upgrade from an older version and are still using that profile? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/slow.htm - install the update listed at the end - also make sure all OS and Office updates available through Microsoft update are installed. If it's still slow, try the various solutions that apply to your situation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Ta...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002
I just sent a post asking for help because I can no longer send email with attachments. After sending in the post, I went back to Outlook and clicked on the Send/Receive button just to check if I had any new mail. I got the same message: "The operation failed". So I am totally out of business with Outlook. How to solve the problem? Marilyn Did it work before? Did you change anything in yr settings? Are you sure your internet mail account settings are valid (correct username, pw, smtp/pop3 servers)? ------------ "Marilyn Fogelquist" <fogel@cablespeed........

Outlook 2003
Hello. I copied my PST file from my D: drive to my F: drive. I then went into "Data File Management" to get the new location recognized and to have all future mail sent to that location. After doing this, my custom settings, like new folders, date settings, columns, etc, are all back to their default settings. Is there any way I can get my custom settings working again on the F: drive? Thanks, Dan Could you explain yourself a bit more? What custom settings are you refering to? You mean views? And what new folder settings? Also post your version of Outlook. -- Robert Spar...

Installing office 2000 disk 2 with publisher on upgraded windows x
I can not get disk 2 to install. It preloads then as files start to copy, it stalls then ends with error message. this is office2000 professional 2 cd set. everything else works exept publisher and its components. Please advise Thanks What is the error message? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "cugolfn" <cugolfn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F57B8716-65FA-4619-93A4-AA24D44ABC33@microsoft.com... >I can not get disk 2 to install. It preloads then as files start to copy, >it stalls then ends with error message. this is office2000 profess...

Outgoing emails not sending for outlook express 2000
Hi there, Can anyone help me?Everytime I try to send an email these error messages pop up and I have no idea what to do; The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Err...

Excel Crash
I use Excel and Word 2003 using Windows NT. I've kept some files on a jump drive so I can work on them at home. I attempted to work on a Word documents which had an Excel worksheet inserted in it. I tried double clicking on the worksheet to edit it and Word and Excel shut down. Now when I attempt to open Excel at home it asks for my Office XP Professional installation cd. (I have Office XP at home with Windows XP). I'm having a hard time locating my original discs. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience anything like this? ...

outlook 2000 help file
Seems after I did added SP3 from MS upgrade site my help from outlook has quit working. message is msohelp caused error in itss.dll. help works in ALL other programs including outlook address book. I'm running windows 98 SE, Office 2000 SB and IE 6. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.542 / Virus Database: 336 - Release Date: 11/18/03 ...

How to do a mass download of names to Outlook address book
I have about 800 names and email addresses in an Excel spreadsheet that I need to add to my Outlook address book. Can anyone give me a hint on how to do this? Save the Excel Spreadsheet as a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file and then in the Address Box, Click, File, Import, Other Address Box, then click Text CSV file and browse to it. "Hal Segal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07a601c3b83a$c6d270c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have about 800 names and email addresses in an Excel > spreadsheet that I need to add to my Outlook address book. > C...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.
Hi! I can't download my e-mails from MSN to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have setup the account correspondent to Microsoft Outlook 2003 Wizard, but it still dosen't work. Does anyone know where the problem can be? Thanks, Bob Only the paid MSN and Hotmail accounts will work in Outlook and/or Outlook Express. Are you supscribed to the paid service? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "hardharut" <test111@test.com> wrote in me...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

Exchange Server 2003 Fails to Start after reboot
Since rebooting our Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 server it fails to start the System Attendant and any further exchange services. The only way to logon to the server is boot in safe mode with networking. The server is a member server and is reporting the following errors EVENT 2114 MSExchange DS Access Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1720). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040a02. EVENT 2102 Process MAD.EXE (PID=2176). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: crstgs003.CRSTG.LOCAL crstgs004.CRSTG.LOCAL EVENT 2114 Process MAD.EXE (PID=2176). Topology Discovery ...

Outlook should be able to email MS CRM advanced find queries (grou
The only way to e-mail a group in MS-CRM is to use the Quick Campaign function. The Quick Campaign has several disadvantages: - attachments for emails are not possible - this takes at least about 10 more clicks compared to sending a standard outlook email - the quick campaign doesn't have the look-and-feel of Outlook to which users are accustomed to Therefore it would be great if you could select the emailaddresses from groups retrieved from MS CRM into the TO:, CC: or BCC: field in a standard Outlook email message. Actually you would make the advanced find queries available to sel...

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

Outlook 2003 Contact data
Just starting using Outlook 2003. When composing an email, when go to address the note, it appears that there are 2 Contact files - 1 is "blank" and the other has lots of my contacts. It is the latter contact file that I enabled to use as my address book. Initially address book comes up the first one and I get error message. Then I toggle to the second one and all the names are accessible. How do I get rid of the one that appears blank, so only one contact file appears when I go to address an email? Les <lester123_nospam@comcast.net> wrote: > When composing an e...

Debugger comes up when attaching files to Outlook 2002
I have a pro bono non-profit client running win xp sp3 & ms office pro. Last week she reported that every time she tried to attach a file to an outlook email, she received a dialog asking her if she wanted to start the debugger. It never allows her to attach the file and if she goes through with starting the debugger, she gets a variety of errors... never a repeating error. Anyone have any experience with this error? Michael ...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have a user still using Outlook XP and has the following issue. Outlook does not remember the folder view settings. User has folders under the Inbox folders and of those folders some are expanded and some are collapsed. When he closes Outlook it does not "remember" the folder settings. The user would like for Outlook to remember the settings because it has in the past. Is there a way I can get this back? Thanks ...

outlook 2003 memory leak? /messages display as"none" and eats up memory
Hi there; When a certian user opens outlook, and clicks on sort by size, half of her e-mails disappear, and "none" is displayed. She said this happened to her at home, except she was on her normal view which is sort by date. The only way that I can recreate the problem is to click on sort by size. If you click on one of the "none's" or even hover the mouse over it, the memory will spike up! I had the performance tab open while I was doing this, and the memory being used was read at 1.46 GB! And if I close outlook the memory drops down to normal. I took ...

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003
Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003. Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning through Flash Cards is more than Welcome. ...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail
I have an office where we are noticing that if we look in Vista Mail that MS outlook 2007 has missed many emails. Program restarts and reboots don't seem to correct the problem, and both programs are using the same IMAP settings. Is there a "helpful" little option in Outlook that prevents it from looking a all email receieved to an account? Does anyone else have the same problem? are there any similarities between the ones it misses? -- "nano" <nano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC22F7E7-ACB7-4824-A0A1-3329D3C622EA@microsoft.com.....