outlook 2000 mailbox.pst error. inbox repair tool

hi all
I am getting a error message from outlook 2000 that says
errors have been detected in the file
c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\mailbox.pst

It says to use the inbox repair tool.

I have searced microsoft online help and found the
site "ol2000 how to find and run the inbox repair tool"
 I am using ME. I have been looking for "Scanpst.exe"
file.
Microsoft help says to follow
c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\nt
I cannnot find a file by this name.
I can find a file
 c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\95
when I run "Scanpst.exe" it gets 90% through the scan then
stops and I get another error message saying it found
errors and quit the scan with no repairs completed.
History; I  bought a new cpu and put my old cpu (hard
drive) in on the new one in a back up folder.
When I had my new cpu ready (done at a professional shop)
I dragged my old outlook files from my back up into the
current hard drive. All has been working fine for the last
few weeks untill last week when I copied a file from a
floppy and attached it directly from the floppy to a
outlook message I was sending. It wouldn't send from my
outbox and I couldn't for some time delete it from the
outbox as well. In the end after rebooting and
other "normal" tries it deleted. after deleting I removed
it from my deleted items folder in outlook. After this
deletion my outlook has been working fine for two days
(several recieved and sent items).

OK so I'm as far as I can go without asking why is my
inbox repair tool not repairing the problem and what can I
do to get my outlook working again.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Eric
p.s. to Microsoft. I was sent the following link to repair
my problem but the page could not be displayed. Is this
the correct way to fix my problem? and if so why doesn't
the page display? If not what can I do to fix the problem?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;
Q272227

0
backroads (1)

try running scandisk on the machine a few times and then try scanpst again.
if scanpst can't repair it you might need to start with a new profile.
"backroads@whooshnet.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:14b201c4267d$38727850$a401280a@phx.gbl...
> hi all
> I am getting a error message from outlook 2000 that says
> errors have been detected in the file
> c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\mailbox.pst
>
> It says to use the inbox repair tool.
>
> I have searced microsoft online help and found the
> site "ol2000 how to find and run the inbox repair tool"
> I am using ME. I have been looking for "Scanpst.exe"
> file.
> Microsoft help says to follow
> c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\nt
> I cannnot find a file by this name.
> I can find a file
> c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\95
> when I run "Scanpst.exe" it gets 90% through the scan then
> stops and I get another error message saying it found
> errors and quit the scan with no repairs completed.
> History; I  bought a new cpu and put my old cpu (hard
> drive) in on the new one in a back up folder.
> When I had my new cpu ready (done at a professional shop)
> I dragged my old outlook files from my back up into the
> current hard drive. All has been working fine for the last
> few weeks untill last week when I copied a file from a
> floppy and attached it directly from the floppy to a
> outlook message I was sending. It wouldn't send from my
> outbox and I couldn't for some time delete it from the
> outbox as well. In the end after rebooting and
> other "normal" tries it deleted. after deleting I removed
> it from my deleted items folder in outlook. After this
> deletion my outlook has been working fine for two days
> (several recieved and sent items).
>
> OK so I'm as far as I can go without asking why is my
> inbox repair tool not repairing the problem and what can I
> do to get my outlook working again.
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
> Eric
> p.s. to Microsoft. I was sent the following link to repair
> my problem but the page could not be displayed. Is this
> the correct way to fix my problem? and if so why doesn't
> the page display? If not what can I do to fix the problem?
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
> US;Q272227&ID=KB;EN-US;
> Q272227

0
BillR9171 (440)

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Questing about exchange 2000 server
My company recently had it's T1 internet connection cut so therefore, our exchange 2000 server couldn't receive email. We spoke to another company, X, that agreed to let us dial in, using an ISDN line, to their system to grab a static ip. They've called up our registrar, Network Solutions ,and added two of their own nameservers. They've also assigned 10 mail.x.com as the mx record. So now, all our mails goes to their linux email server, where spam and virus filtering takes place, then gets forwarded to our exchange 2000 server. We are now getting a T1 line from verizon wit...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Query Builder Error: Unexpected Error
I am working with 1.2. I tried to print all cases for an account. When I leave the bullet on 'all pages', and then click the 'print' icon, I receive an error. ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

Audit Trails setup error
I'm trying to setup Audit Trails for one of our 4 companies and get the following message on only one of them when I try to apply auditing to a selected table. [Microsoft]ODBC SQLServer Driver[SQL Server]Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =,!=, <, <=, >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. If I click OK at this point I get the Table Auditing Setup window and it lets me save and displays the table as audited. What is causing this? It would help to know what version of GP and service pack (build number) yo...