Outlook 2000 Error "BEEP"

A PC running Windows 2k Pro with Outlook 2k is giving an
error beep when new emails come in.  The speakers have
been muted and the beep is coming from the speaker mounted
inside the PC (not that that means anything).  I've looked
in the event viewer and didn't see any errors.  Is there
somplace else I can look?

The only changes I made before this happened:
1) Added File and Print sharing
2) Set PC to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP

Since then I've set everything back and it's still making
the error beep.

0
anonymous (74722)

What causes one loud continuous BEEP and system lock up?
Got a Dell Latitude D820, WXP, all service packs and drivers up to date. Lately, no matter what I might be doing (even walking away and doing nothing at all), the laptop will spontaneously freeze and there is a non-stop LOUD, continuous beep. You can't even push the power button and shut down. Must remove battery and/or unplug the stop the horrible noise. Sometimes it happens after being on the laptop 5 minutes, other times it won't happen until several hours have gone by. I have done some Google searches and even basic hardware diagnostics to no avail. Anybody ...

Speaker Beeping in Outlook
Hello, Does anyone know why I would get a constant beeping from the speaker when using Outlook. (Win XP PRO with Pentium 2.5, Office 2000 installed) Does not do this except in Outlook ( ie. not in the IE6. web browser) just in Outlook. Thank You ...

Beep deadlocks application
A call to Beep( 400, 50) seems to deadlock my application. (app not responding, 0% CPU load) This happens only if Sound Sentry, Flash active caption bar is activated in the control panel. I'm using XP, SP 2. Anyone else noticed this? ...

Some Windows sounds replaced by pc speaker beep
This has happened before but seemed to fix itself but it has started again. The sounds made when a notification window or an information popup window happen have been replace by a pc speaker beep. (Can't remember what the sounds were, actually.) All the sounds in "Sounds and audio properties" are there and working. Muting the pc speaker in the "Volume control" panel makes no difference. Any ideas? ...

Single Beep When Deleting Documents and Email
Since yesterday, my PC makes a single beep when the following questions appear: - Outlook - Are you sure you want to permanently delete the selected item(s)? - Word - Do you want to save the changes to Document1? - Recycle Bin - Are you sure you want to empty the recycle bin? I can do all these things, but for some reason, the PC has started to make the single beep whenever I do these operations. I don't have a clue why it's doing this. There are no settings in Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices that should cause this to happen. I also don't recall making any cha...

pc speaker beep??
I have got most of the system sounds under control thru the Control Panel Sounds. But on one pc, that does not even have speakers or an audio device, I sometimes get a "beep" from the builtin pc speaker when I do certain actions. I can find nowhere to turn off this annoying beep. Help?? I believ that what you need to do is go to Device Manager and on the View menu, select the Show Hidden Devices item. Expand the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section in the right pan and disable the device called "Beep". Louis "chuck" <cciafNOSPAMfone@verizonNOSPAMk....

Outlook Express and default beep
When I try to type an email, the default beep sounds at what seems like every 8th keystroke and the cursor moves to the Outlook files - out of the email I'm trying to type. The problem began about 3 days ago and seems to be connected with speed of typing. [Very slow = fewer interruptions] I need to know whom to contact about this or where to find a solution [before am reduced to quivering wreck] Outlook or Outlook Express? (They're not the same.) Are you inadvertently pressing one of the ALT keys or is one of them sticking? erica wrote: > When I try to type an...

I want to get rid of a beep
Hello, I have an edit box in a dialog and I've subclassed the edit box. If I press enter when the edit box has focus, I hear an annoying beep. My subclass is very simple, simply handling OnKeyDown and OnGetDlgCode: #include "stdafx.h" #include "MyEditBox.h" #include "ActivityDialog.h" BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyEditBox, CEdit) ON_WM_KEYDOWN() ON_WM_GETDLGCODE() END_MESSAGE_MAP() MyEditBox::MyEditBox(CWnd *parent, UINT nID) { VERIFY(Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, CRect(30, 50, 200, 70), parent, nID)); SetFont(parent->GetFont()...

mobo beeps
Hi, I have a Dell PC that has suddenly stopped working. When I try to start it I get nothing except a series of beeps. It sounds like 6 beeps in a 1-2-1-2 configuration or it could be 3 beeps twice. What does that mean? On 01/23/10 02:37 pm, lenny109 wrote: > I have a Dell PC that has suddenly stopped working. When I try to start it I > get nothing except a series of beeps. It sounds like 6 beeps in a 1-2-1-2 > configuration or it could be 3 beeps twice. What does that mean? Try checking the manual for that specific machine. I'm not sure that there's any ...

Tiny beeps when starting/pausing/stopping play
Last week I had WMP11 under WinXP. Now I have WMP11 under WinXP but on a new PC. I've also got tiny beeps whenever I start, stop, or pause playing with my mouse, which is new to me. I cannot find a setting in the WMP11 options to control this beep, nor can I find the beep in the system sound settings. Is this a standard part or WMP11? If so, I wonder why I didn't get beeps from my old WMP11? -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Do you only get these beeps when starting/stopping/pausing with the mouse, or do you hear t...

Computer beeps once about every 5 min
I was down at my sisters yesterday for dinner and she has a computer I built for her about 4 or 5 yrs ago. XP Home edition, Retail-NOT OEM, 100g HD, 25g free space. She said for about the last year or so, it has been been occaasionally beeping one beep about every 5 min while it's running. Computer boots and and runs fine although junked up with what I consider totally useless "womans" stuff slowing it down. I freed up 15gig during my checking. I suspect possible ram because she said she may have, but can't remember, if she put in more ram years ago and I can&...

Outlook 2000 Error "BEEP"
A PC running Windows 2k Pro with Outlook 2k is giving an error beep when new emails come in. The speakers have been muted and the beep is coming from the speaker mounted inside the PC (not that that means anything). I've looked in the event viewer and didn't see any errors. Is there somplace else I can look? The only changes I made before this happened: 1) Added File and Print sharing 2) Set PC to use NetBIOS over TCP/IP Since then I've set everything back and it's still making the error beep. ...

Removing the beep
I'm coming from a background with Access. If I have a textbox on a from, Access has a BeforeUpdate or AfterUpdate event that fires if one hits the tab or Enter key. So I wondered how one fires an event when one hits the Enter key. It appears I have to check for the key press. I entered the following code for a textbox and it beeps at me. Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, _ ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) _ Handles TextBox1.KeyDown If e.KeyCode = 13 Then Call GoToLink() End If End Sub It doesn't matter i...

3 beeps when important message received?
Just installed 2003. Whenever a message marked high importance is received, I get three loud beeps. This is independent of the received mail notification, which is unchecked. How do I get rid of this? Thanks, Kbaba This is not build in functionality of Outlook. See if you've got an add-in installed that does this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "kbaba" <kbaba@kbaba.com> wrote in message news:eoaBrwt1EHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11....

outlook 2007 new mail beep
anyone know how to change the new email notification sound in outlook 2007. Mine is set to the ignorant beep - I checked the sound theme and it should be the std exclaimation but it isn't :( David David Cleland <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote: > anyone know how to change the new email notification sound in outlook > 2007. Mine is set to the ignorant beep - I checked the sound theme > and it should be the std exclaimation but it isn't :( Do that in Control Panel's Sounds and Audio Devices applet. -- Brian Tillman >> anyone know how to change the new ...

Beep on greater than zero
I have an excel spreadsheet with several columns. To verify that data has been entered correctly I have a column that adds all the columns and should equal zero if they are entered correctly. Since the "proofing column" is not always visable unless I tab to the end of the worksheet, I would like to hear a beep if the column is greater than zero to signal that I need to check my entries. It would be great if I could see a dialogue box that would tell me my entries are not correct. Thanks, Hi, You will need to use VBA to do that. It might be easier to conditionally format...

Open Outlook, Strange Computer Beep
For the past few days when I open Outlook I sometimes get a strange bee from the computer. This is intermittent, of the 20 or so times I'v opened Outlook in the past few days it has done this maybe 4 times. I beeps only once during the send/receive process. This is NOT the regular new mail notification sound. It's the kind o beep you get from the built-in computer speaker, the kind of sound tha usually denotes a hardware issue. In my paranoia I first thought a virus or new trojan could be th culprit. I've found barely any info online from other users who hav experienced anyt...

change outlook to only beep for inbox mail (not filtered mail)
I get alot of mail from lists etc and have outlook (2003) setup to move those list emails to folders and skip the inbox. I check on those lists when i need to but things that come to my inbox are usually things i need to know about right away. It is distracting to hear the beep or see the envelope icon when its one of the list emails. That said, it is really useful to hear the beep or see the icon when the email is just things in the inbox. So, is there a way to limit the various notifications to sound off *only* for inbox items? Any help/suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated! Cheers ...

instead of that double beep, the computer starts emitting single beeps at regular intervals
When turning on instead of that double beep, the computer starts emitting single beeps at regular intervals and the monitor remains black. What might be wrong? Whether this is a coincedence, but this began when attempting to connect the computer to a quite old monitor. On another computer that monitor was working, though only at low resolution. "aa" <aa@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uEEKLXcaKHA.4204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When turning on instead of that double beep, the computer starts emitting > single beeps at regular intervals and the monitor...

Tracing Precedents and Dependents
Hi, In an older version of Excel I used to be able to click on a cell that DIDN'T have any precedents or dependents, and select the TRACE button, and simply hear a BEEP. I liked that -- I could move right on to the next cell and check again. Now, for some reason, when I select the tool when there is no precedent or dependent, then I get an Error Dialog Box telling me there are none -- and I have to click OK for the box to go away. I go through literally hundered of cells checking dependents and precedents on some projects, and this is a MAJOR inconvenience. I suspect there is an easy ...

Beep API broken in Vista?
A strange experience. I've been debugging via Remote Desktop to Vista. I use the Beep API to report state that is going on in my hook DLL. Everything was working fine. My laptop beeps nicely. Rising tones for one event, falling for another, double-beep for this, Beethoven's Fifth (first four notes) for success. Today I had some major rework done in my office; I now have a wonderful two-monitor holder on an adjustable arm...the screens are close enough to read! So I set up to use Vista directly, in two-window mode. What is surprising is that the Beep API does not seem to make ...

Warning Beeping and Date Control
I added a Microsoft Monthview Control 6.0 SP4 to a form, and on the On Enter event of a few date controls on a subform, I set the controlsource property to the value of that control. The problem is that every couple of minutes the computer beeps a warning sound when this control exists. When I take it off, there is no problem. What could be the cause of this beeping. I thought that perhaps it is trying to say that there is no control source to the date control (when I haven't set it). It seems that this is not the problem. Can anyone help me? Moshe ...

Sound beep
How do I turn off sound beep on my computer when new emails comes? In Windows XP, ControlPanel > Sounds I have "NO Sounds" so I don't know what is he beeping me every time I get new email? I want to turn it off please Tools>Options>Preferences>Email Options>Advanced Email Options uncheck the 'Play a sound' box. Jess "gio" wrote: > How do I turn off sound beep on my computer when new emails comes? > In Windows XP, ControlPanel > Sounds I have "NO Sounds" so I don't know what > is he beeping me every time I get new...

How to turn off the beep?
When opening up a spreadsheet which has a link to another spreadsheet the computer 'beeps'. How do I get this to stop? I'm using Excel 97 o Windows NT :mad -- ghu196 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ghu1967's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1476 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26384 ...

Conditional Beep?
david1 again I did not explain my need well. I can get beeps, but have still been unable to find a way to get the as the result of a condition similar to the use of the conditiona format Countif($A$1:$A$100,$A1)>1 copied to each cell in Column A. Is ther a way? Thanks all for the responses. davi -- david ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=188 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26530 Take a look at John Walkenbach's site: http:/...