Outlook 2000 #92

Please any Help?
Outlook 2000 will not remember my email passwords, I'm
running XP Pro.
Is there a patch or upgrade from Windows or Microsoft?

THANKS for any HELP!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Pagefile and Exchange 2000??
I have an Exchange 2000 SP3 server (on Windows 2000). Configuration as follows: RAID-1 - 2 partitions C: and D: RAID-5 - 1 partition E: C: is the system drive, D: the Exchange logfile and E: is the location for the Exchange databases. I have 2 pagefiles, both 2048 Mb, one on C: and one on D:. Now i have read somewhere this can cause defragmantation. My question is, is this true and is it better to make one pagefile on C: with the size 4096 Mb or maybey another configuration? Greetings Hans Set one 2GB pagefile on C:. Fots wrote: > I have an Exchange 2000 SP3 server (on Windows 20...

Outlook notification for hotmail
Is there a way I can get my outlook to notify me when there's new mail in my hotmail inbox when outlook is minimized? I do get the envelope-notification in the system tray with my POP3-account, but not with hotmail ... Thanks CreloX No it's not possible. Notification only works with your POP mail, not HTTP mail. "CreloX" wrote: > > Is there a way I can get my outlook to notify me when there's new mail > in my hotmail inbox when outlook is minimized? I do get the > envelope-notification in the system tray with my POP3-account, but not > with ho...

Outlook 2003 & AT&T ISP
Since upgrading to Office 2003, my AT&T connection profile/properties keeps changing to "Prompt", preventing Outlook from automatically connecting and downloading my email at the set interval. Office XP is my OS. Using AT&T 7.0 Connection manager Re-run the Account Connection Manager and everything will work again. I also use ATT Worldnet as my backup dialup account should broadband (Comcast) go down. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be delet...

Outlook HTML msgs arrive Unformatted w/attachments in OE
My OE works fine as far as I can tell. However, when an html email is created in Outlook and mailed to my OE, it comes thru as unformatted text plus many individual attachments. The box re 'do not allow attachments to be saved or opened....' is NOT checked. All other email is being received just fine by OE. It is only Outlook that seems to be the problem- all updates are current. Help please. ...

Command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode?
Experts, Is there a command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? I use a roaming profile, which goes best with non-cached mode. But on my traveling laptop I only want to use Cached Mode. If I log off the laptop while connected to the domain with OL 2003 in Cached Mode, that resets my roaming profile to use Cached Mode which is not what I want. In news:3rfs7dFj9juqU1@individual.net, Spin <Spin@spin.com> typed: > Experts, > > Is there a command-line switch to open Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode? > I use a roaming profile, which goes best with non-cached mode. ...

Home Publishing 2000 #3
After getting a new computer with Windows XP, and also recently installing MS Publisher 2003, my Home Publishing 2000 will only install in the MINIMAL (partial installation) setting but not in the TYPICAL (which is a complete installation). It gives me this message: D:\mhp\Common\MSShared\Clipart\std2prem\std2prem.mm Microsoft no longer supports this 1999 program. Any ideas about how I can get this program to reinstall completely? Please e-mail me: JB20852@wmconnect.com Looks like a Clip Gallery error. .mmc is the clipart catalog. Publisher uses the Organizer. Perhaps there is a conflic...

Could not start Microsoft Outlook
I have a problem with one user's access using Outlook. When they try and open Outlook XP on their computer, they get the following message: Could not start Microsoft Outlook. You do not have permission to log on. If they use OWA, they can get into their account ok. We are running Exchange 2000 on W2K and the user us on Windows XP SP1 running Office XP Standard with SP3. I have tried deleting their profile in Outlook and adding it again, with no success. Any suggestions? Thanks, Lucy Just to let you know, the only work around I have found for this is to rebuild the user's com...

Customize Outlook Today Won't Work
When I click on the icon "Customize Outlook Today" on my Outlook Today page, nothing happens. Normally I should be taken to a page where I can change the layout or theme of my Outlook Today page. I have Outlook 2000 on a maching running Windows XP Professional. According to Article 820575, you would have had to install critical update 813489 (Q813489) for this problem to occur. I'm having same problem --Customize outlook today link doesn't work but i've installed only sp1, Q810847, Q813951, Q818529, AND Q330994 for Microsoft Internet Explorer. Would it still ...

LF: Excel 2000 template(s) Condo Budget
G'day, System: Excel 2000 on win98 I've been searching the NGs and googling for Excel 2000 templates. The only ones I've found are for 2003 and above. Specifically, I'm looking for one that might be used (or converted) for a Condominium's budget including Reserve Fund allocations (1). But any relevant Excel 2000 templates would be a starting point. Any direction, links or resource sites would be appreciated. Cheers, tomZ -- If you spam my mailbox, you agree to accept any response I deem appropriate. Keep SIGNATURE AGREEMENT before replying. "Any business model t...

Set outlook as default mail client
When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then make outlook the default program for E-mail, contacts, and calendar. Problem: There is no general tab. I am trying to import contacts from Outlook to Word to make labels "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D857A80-337A-42F6-B3E1-8F2555AF1548@microsoft.com... > When using Word 2007, get message to set outlook as default client. The > instructions say go to tools, options, other, general. Then m...

How do I stop MSN Messenger from defaulting to Outlook and go to .
How do I stop MSN from using Outlook as my email address and instead use a hotmail or yahoo address as an alternative. It would be preferable to be able to choose between them if possible This is an MSN Messenger question; not Outlook. Anyway; Logoff MSN and login with a different address. Then set it to remember that account. For additional support continue in an MSN Messenger newsgroup. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "alexsyd" <a...

howtofix excel 2000 says invalid AddIn for valid excel97 AddIn
how do i repair/fix/load my excel 97 AddIn into excel 2000 e.g. upon load of MYEAD.xlaEx2000 says: c:\Documents and Settings\<user>\.....\AddIn\MYEAD.xla is an invalid AddIn TIA rob ...

Upgraded to Outlook 2003 and now get extend.dat error...
I have a newly installed PC (2 weeks) with WinXP Pro and little else installed. It came with Outlook 2002 and I have used it without problems. I just purchased the Outlook 2003 upgrade and installed (following directions) it with no errors during the install; however, when I openned Outlook it gave me an error immediately that it cannot access extend.dat file. Outlook then wanted to reboot in safe mode which I did. Still the same error. Outlook then wanted to do a detect and repair. Which I did. Still the same error. Due to this error happening right as it opens, I am now out ...

Outlook opened and closed...
My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has same problem? Andy Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple instances are running. If so, end all of them and try starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted above. >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up >and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has >same problem? > >Andy > > ...

outlook email embedded links do not activate
The links embedded in outlook emails do not activate any more - no matter how you click on them. Is there any suggestion to find out what made them stop working? They worked for a couple of years - now they do not. Thanks eg ...

Most requested features missing from Outlook?
As a developer I'm curious about what people want to get out of Outlook that isn't already built in. It would be interesting to see a list of features that people really want and need. For example, many people including myself have lots of issues with the Rules Wizard, spam, etc. I wrote a replacement for the Rules Wizard which gives much more control over filtering than the default Rules setup. It allows for custom regular expressions and complex AND/OR patterns. Filters can be shared, imported like automatic anti-virus definitions, etc. I know there are many such products alrea...

Outlook 2003 cached exchange mode folder size issue
Using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, connection via HTTP and using cached exchange mode for synching everything up. I noticed when looking at folder sizes that there are two tabs - local data and server data. The sizes for the same folders do not match, in fact the local data is about twice the size of the server data for the account with various discrepencies for each folder. When viewing the account in OWA, it is exactly the same as the account viewed in Outlook. Is this an issue with the local copy having free, unused space in the data file? Can this local file be "cleaned" to r...

Read or sel message in outlook re-appears as new message on Blackb
Using Outlook 2007 on pc and Imap exchange server on blackberry A read or even just a selected message in inbox from outlook re-appears as new message on Blackberry. Searched the internet but no solution found yet.......... Verry anoying! Anyone a clue? Best regards George Why IMAP? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "George AV" <George AV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F31E21F4-FC14-4D58-AF5D-ED5C3BE4F547@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2007 on pc ...

Outlook 2010 Usoing Templates
Can someone help me as I'm lost. Just downlaoded the Office 2010 Beta and cannot find any help for this prob. If this is the wrong forum, please tell me, but I couldn't find any others. I have saved an email message as a template, but I cannot see how to use it ro actually send an email. I can see how to do a new message using stationery, but not a template. Any help welcome. Thanks Colin "ColMac" <ColMac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C9F510-4206-4B2C-A7CD-BF3188DD963E@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me as I'm...

POP3 problem with Exchange 2000 #2
Hi folks I am really hoping someone can help me out here I am running a windows 2000 server with exchange 2000. The server is partitioned as follows; C:\ 5.13GB, D:\ Exchange 49.2, E:\ 49.7, 32.2GB unallocated. I had the AV originally on C:\ but moved it to E:\ this morning. There is also a plug-in for exchange installed as part of the AV suite. Users can send ok, the problem is in receiving email. I looked at ESM and in POP3 current connections it shows a list of users trying to send email If I reboot the server, everything is fine for a while and then the problem recurs. There doesnt s...

How do I install a v-card (from Vistaprint) in Outlook?
How do I install a v-card (ordered from Vistaprint) in Outlook? You need to ask this in an Outlook discussion group. This one is for Word. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "jeanine from holland" <jeanine from holland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11B2732D-7D63-41FD-80A7-D34B64838859@microsoft.com... > How do I install a v-card (ordered from Vistaprint) in Outlook? ...

Outlook 2003 and .pst Backup not working
I am trying to install the .pst backup utility from the Microsoft website. I am using Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. After downloading and installing, the File menu doesn't include the Backup command as expected. Add/Remove programs shows that the utility was installed. Any thoughts? Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Advanced E-mail Options...-> button COM Add-ins...-> Add... Browse to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS\outbak.dll Press OK till all dialogs are closed and restart Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howt...

Inconsistent issues with attachments
I am running Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6811) SP3 in a network situation. We also run Symantec AntiVirus Corporate 8.1.0825. I am having an issue opening occasional attachments, particularly .pdf's. When I click on the attachment (either to save or to open) I receive "The operation failed" error. I cannot forward the e-mail either. (Same error message.) I can reply and delete though. Once I get this error message, I find that I cannot open up some of the files I have previously been able to open. But only some. Others work fine. Likewise, if I'm successful at opening a file, an...

Outlook 2007 list of valid TZIDs?
Hello, I'm trying to write a web app that exports .ics files for users to import into calendar applications. When I try to import my .ics file into Outlook, I get a warning / error message telling me that Outlook does not like the TZID: "The VEVENT, "xxx", defined near line 14, contains a property that references an undeclared time zone with a TZID of "Australia/Sydney". Outlook found an approximate replacement, but note that some of your appointments may be off by an hour. Double-click to open this item." I'm trying to find a list of...

Problem with Outlook sending attachments endlessly #2
One of my PCs is having a problem sending attachments through Outloo XP. When sending attachments of even moderate size (~750kb), th attachment is sent and then queued again and then sent and then .... Outlook endlessly sends the attachment, flooding my poor recipients. I have tried two completely different SMTP servers with the sam result. The odd thing is that my other PC, also with Outlook X installed, has no problems sending attachments. Any ideas on this one? After queuing an email with an attachment thi morning, I came back from lunch and found that it had sent the sam email 78 tim...