outlook #154

I have just installed outlook small business edition
2003, and the instruction to automatically log items in
the journal is not working.  Has anyone any ideas
please.  I have followed all the instructions that i can
find.

Also the links between my emails and contacts dont seem
to work.
thanks
Liz Hall
0
liz9088 (1)

Outlook Express Needs to be Opened Twice
The first time I open Outlook Express it connects and down loads my messages. The next time I open it it doesn't connect. I then close it and the next time I open it it connects and downloads messages if I have any. How can I fix this? Hi, This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windo...

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

Outlook to Intranet Transfer
Are there any tools out there that will automatically archive emails sent to a distribution group to an intranet site? We actively use several distribution groups however there is no central repository for the messages so there is no means by which to retrieve them for future reference. The idea of a creating a forum on our intranet is being thrown around but I thought that maybe a tool that would dump the messages into a searchable database maybe more convenient. Thanks! T. Dang <REMOVE*trent.dang@gmail.com*REMOVE> wrote: > Are there any tools out there that will automatically ...

Outlook 2003
I have just installed Outlook but when attempting to send a message I get two error messages Ox8004210A and B. Both indicate timeout in connecting to the server. I have at other times had messages indicating a failure to connect to the Internet. However, I am using the same PC to connect to the Internet with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express quite successfully. I have checked the setup for email within Outlook several times. I can see no error. We have two PCs linked by Ethernet cable. One is the ICS host and the PC with the problem is the ICS client. Windows Firewall is active on t...

MS Outlook contacts
I had MS outlook on another computer and it crashed. I got a new one and installed outlook and all of my contacts are not there along with my address book. How do I get them back You installed Outlook on a new computer and expected all your Outlook data would just magically appear? Did you do nothing to backup and transfer your Outlook data? Surely you've left some details out in your post or you wouldn't even be asking this question. You would know your Outlook data is gone. -- Russ Valentine "Starvyun Shepherd" <Starvyun Shepherd@discussions.microsoft.com...

Outlook 2003
I added the newsreader to the Go menu. It worked. I rebooted at some point and now the news item is not on the go Menu and it is not avaible to be added. Will I have to restore my system to an earlier date or is there an easier way to add it back. I have no problems working in the registry. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No ...

Outlook 'send/receive' button produces msg: "the operation failed"
Re: MS Outlook I can not depress my SEND/RECEIVE button without receiving the message "the operation failed". This has only happened today and although I automatically receive and can send msgs (as predetermined my pc checks every 5 mins) I can not use manually. Driving me crazy. Can someone help me? BJ ...

Outlook Express Newsreader
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C47AE0.E7380E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My question applies to the Outlook Express Newsreader. Actually, I have = two questions. I do use "Outlook" for my e-mails, but the only news = reader in my computer that I knew would be in it was "Outlook Express = Newsreader". Does Outlook have it's own newsreader, or does everyones = newsreader default to the one that's with Express? Also, for some reason my mes...

Outlook hangs randomly
My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error message so I have no code to look up. Any ideas? Thanks. I am having the same problem. I just loaded the new 'security patch' from microsoft. Could this be the cause? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on >send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it >just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error >message so I have no code t...

How do I delete attachments from received emails in Outlook 2007?
In Outlook 2003 you can click on an attachment in an email that you have received and delete or remove it. It doesn't seem that this is possible in Outlook 2007. It still works in 2007. Open message, right click on attachment. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How ...

outlook express #192
looking for more help >-----Original Message----- >On 16 Apr 2004 20:44, "jakeal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >>WHEN I SEND FILES TO THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6 I CAN'T OPEN THE >>ATTACHMENTS,BUT WHEN I SEND THEM MICROSFT OUTLOOK 97 NO PROBLEMS.THE >>PROGRAM IS KODAK EASY SHARE SOFTWARE.SOMEBODY TOLD ME HAS TO DO WITH >>SECURITY.CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN FURTHER.THANKS > >Tools | Options | Security... > >-Ben- >Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote >http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr >http://www.thespoke.net/MyBlog/bschor...

Outlook running very slow
Runnng Outlook 2000 and I have about 2,000 contacts. Outlook moves slow in my opinion and contacts do not open up immediately as they should. Are there any suggestions? Can I reindex data in any way or does anyone have an opinion on number of contacts. ...

Outlook Express problem #12
When I look at webmail I get all the context of my emails. When I look at the emails from outlook express on my home PC they are all blank. Can anybody shed some advice on how to correct this problem so I can see and read my email at home once again? Thanks Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly St...

Unable to configure outlook client in a new Child Domain
We've been running our Exchange 2003 server for almost a year now in a single domain forest. This past week we created 2 child domains and created some new account in them and mailbox-enabled them. The problem is every time we go to configure the Outlook profile, for the users in the new child domain, we keep getting "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list" There are no AD replication problems, we can map drives to and from machine in each domain. I've even created a share on the mail server to make sure everyone can get t...

Import from Excel to Windows live outlook
How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook No such animal as "Windows live Outlook". There is Microsoft Outlook, and you will find the option under File, Import and Export. And there is Windows Live Mail, and there you could probably look in Help or post your question to the Live Mail group. Either way, "Excel" isn't actually involved and isn't needed. Import from Excel wrote: > How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook If you mean Office Outlook............... See Ron's site ...

Outlook signature issue
Hi, I have Outlook Signature selected for new mesages, as well as replies and forwards, It is working fine except forwards. It doesn't put signature outomatically for forwards only, why? Anyone have seen this problem? Thanks MC ...

Microsoft Outlook and Novell GroupWise
I am in my third week working at a new agency. I have been using Outlook for years. My new agency is still using Novell GroupWise. I also use Franklin Covey's PlanPlus for Outlook. PlanPlus will not work without having Outlook installed. Is it possible to install Outlook and run it in the background in order to facilitate the use of my PlanPlus for Outlook software. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Have a great week and stay safe Outlook can be used with GroupWise but you'll need to check with the IT folks at your new agency to make sure they support that co...

Microsoft Warning appears on Outlook Startup
Hey all, Whenever I start MS Outlook 2003 the Outlook icon on the taskbar displays a pop-up box that has an exclamation point inside a triangle and is title "Microsoft Office Outlook". The message that appears after the title inside the pop-up is "The operation failed." I have a Pocket PC that I sync with my laptop (the machine I am recieving this error on) and desktop. I also have a T-Mobile Sidekick II that syncs Outlook with my Sidekick II through an application that is titled Intellsync for Sidekick. I am running Windows XP Tablet Edition SP2 on a Toshiba Pr...

Importing Outlook folders from older computer
I have copied my MS Outlook v. 6 folders from my older computer, which is MS ME. I copied to CD, and it names itself outlook.pst. I then tried the import function of my new computer (MS XP, outlook v.6) but it doesn't recognize this file. Can you help? Thanks, Nancy ...

search telephone numbers outlook 2007
Please help I cant seem to search for telephone numbers once they have been altered in a hyperlink ie when you type tel:0111122223 followed by either a space or return in an appointment. even using the advanced search criteria? can telephone number be searched? you could search for tel No's in earlier versions of outlook what am I doing wrong. Thank you KC ...

Outlook 2007 and Appointment Reminders
I am new to Outlook, so this may have been covered, but on the ToDo Bar (just under the small calendar), a reminder shows up for appointments I have scheduled for next month. I have tried changing the notification period, but the reminder remains. Is there a way to make it only visible during the time of the notification period I have chosen, like a week or day ahead of time? These are recurring appointments if it makes any difference. Maybe everyone just leaves the ToDo Bar closed and just waits for a popup reminder--- Thanks, Clark You can't do that. The only options for cu...

Backup pst files in Outlook 2003
Where does Win XP keep the updated Outlook pst files? I'm trying to re-locate them into sub-folder in My docs but find that the copies of these files in Explorer\User\Application data\microsodt\Outlook do not change date and time from day to day. So where do i find an up to date copy? "PensRep" wrote: > Where does Win XP keep the updated Outlook pst files? I'm trying to re-locate > them into sub-folder in My docs but find that the copies of these files in > Explorer\User\Application data\microsodt\Outlook do not change date and time > from day to day. ...

Unable to open outlook express
Hello, I amd running windows ME. I just did complete virus check and defragged my computer. Now I get error when i try to get into Outlook express: outlook express could not be started because MSOERES.DLL could not be found. outlook express may not be installed correctly. If anyone knows where i might find this fill to reinstall or any suggestions let me know. Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookex...

Using Outlook to create/read mailing lists
I recently installed Outlook in my office and would like it to do some automated tasks. Specifically, automated email to my employees based on a spreadsheet or database. If I have an individuals name on a spreadsheet, is it possible to link Outlook to that spreadsheet (let's say in Excel) and create a mailing list? I'm using Outlook '03 and my employees are already on a list in Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Yes to do this type of automation, you can use the addin Thanks for the response. Could you be a bit more specific. I'm an Outlook beginner. what do yo...

Outlook 2003
I have tried to use these 2 together but can not get word or excel to appear in the journals with automaticly record ticked in options TIA Sam ...