Outllook 2003 causes SVCHOST to use 100% cpu and never releases it

I have been using outlook 2003 for about 2 weeks.

Now when I open it, it locks up the system
svchost.exe is maxed out at 100% and never releases.

I have scan for virus and removed and reinstalled office
2003.

any suggestions as to what I can try next?

John Hocking
0
hockingj (1)

Tasks in Outlook 2003
wanting to know if there was any way, when within the note body of a TASK, to restore the ability to insert a shortcut to another ITEM in Outlook, since this functionality was available in Outlook 2000 (however in OLK 2000 when within JOURNAL, all you have available is to insert an OBJECT). In 2003 JOURNAL is now much better, you can insert an ITEM either as just text, as an attachment, or as a shortcut to the ITEM. Now in 2003 however, within a TASK, while you can still insert an ITEM either as just text or as an attachment, you can no longer insert a shortcut to the ITEM that you w...

F12 Causes Unhandled Exception
I have F12 configured as the accelerator key for a dialog box. I've had this for a long time. But now, when I hit F12, I get an unhandled exception error. If I change my accellerator key to F11, there is no exception. Also, while the dialog box is displayed, pressing F12 also causes the same error. In addition, if I dismiss the error message by hitting continue, everything continues normally. I'm not really sure what is special about F12 to cause this problem but another program I wrote uses the same hotkey with no problem. Any ideas? When I get the error, Visual Studio opens the di...

office 2003 eraser?
team; i have a friend that is having trouble with this 3rd party software (it is an office add-in) he wants to start his desktop from scratch- aka use an office eraser in order to delete EVERY POSSIBLE SETTING, FILE AND SHORTCUT. he's been through it a couple of times and the 3rd party app isn't working on his machine. and it keeps on complaining about a compile error in hidden module. I'd like him to format the box; and rebuild it.. it's technically when he opens word; he gets these error messages.. so i looked through the references for him; and i dont see anything. he&...

keep repairing Outllook 2007
As best I can tell, the XP SP2 critical updates sometimes cause problems for Outlook 2007. I repair Outlook 2007, and then it runs fine until the next critical update. I have repaired Outlook eight or ten times since the initial installation. Is it the critical updats that are cuasing the problem, and if so, is there a way to avoid this problem? When will Outlook 2007 be stable? Best, Christopher If you think you are posting a problem that we all know about, guess again. No one has reported similar problems. Perhaps you could post yours in detail along with steps to repro. Outlo...

Exchange 2003 issue after moving stores
Any takers? We moved Exchange back to the default location and now: Exchange is working, but Message Tracking is not, and a few other management operations. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9097 Date: 10/31/2005 Time: 7:14:58 PM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x80080005'. Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: General Event ID: 489 Date: 10/30/2005 Time: 3:04:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: Information Store (4088) First Storage Gro...

moving public folders from 5.5 to 2003
Ok, I've tried everything I can think of. What is the best way, that actually works, to move public folders from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003? The 5.5 box is in one domain and the 2003 is in another. A trust relationship has been set up between the domains so they see each other. Other than that, nothing seems to work to get the public folders moved. We already tried pFmigrate. Thanks! Chris I just created replicas for all of mine on the Exchange 2003 servers...then when I was ready, I removed the replicas from the 5.5 servers... "chu" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Outlook 2003 Time #2
My Outlook 2003 is displaying e-mails as having arrived one hour previous than the time on my computer. Has anyone seen this behavior? I've made sure the system and Outlook time zones match and that Outlook 2003 has all the latest updates. Any advice is appreciated. - Dave The time is set by the server, not by Outlook. That person may be using a server that needs swift kick to reset its time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will ...

2003 read in 98
Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can be read in earlier versions? I have tried saving as 'Pack & Go' but this does not help grateful for any ideas Peter Cripps Hi Peter Cripps (Peter.Cripps1@btopenworld.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there any way a file I create in 2003 can be read in earlier || versions? I have tried saving as 'Pack & Go' but this does not help || grateful for any ideas || Peter Cripps Peter, go to File > Save As > and change the file type to Publisher 98. HTH -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MV...

Realtek eth card high CPU usage
Hi, My problem is: After installing the driver for Realtek RTL8169/8110 ethernet card, the CPU Usage is up to 40-50%. However, there is no high process usage other than idle. When disabling the network adapter, the cpu usage is down to 2-10%. The OS is Win XP with SP3. I've tried Process Explorer from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx. This one showed that "Hardware Interrupts" are responsible for 50-70% CPU usage. Then, I've used Kernrate to investigate further. It showed that two of the modules are responsible for a lot of hard...

Access 2003 and Excel 2003
Is there anyway of installing the Excel Object library in Access 2003 without actually installing Excel. Or is there anyway of deleteing Excel and leaving the library in place. The reason for my question is I have developed an Access application which runs on 50 plus pcs. The application included Excel reporting. Unfortunately we have 50 Access licenses and only 10 Excel licenses. Those pcs without an Excel license run the same application but wont be reporting in Excel. But without the library, which only seems to be in place with Excel installed, the application will not compile. ANY hel...

Using find and replace in different fields
Hello everyone. I am trying to use access to see a word in one field and write a number in another field. Like if agree =3 , disagree= 1. I want access to see agree in a field and write 3 in another field. How can this be done? In news:17904967-C3A7-42E4-8AEE-583B62E38DD6@microsoft.com, lostinseganet <lostinseganet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello everyone. I am trying to use access to see a word in one field > and write a number in another field. Like if agree =3 , disagree= 1. > I want access to see agree in a field and write 3 in another field. > How can this ...

Restore Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I have a need to bring back a mailbox that was in Exchange 5.5. In 2004, I migrated the users using exmerge to Exchange 2003. that user still exists in Exchange 2003 and I would like to restore their old mailbox now. I use Arcserve 9.x backup and that software has not been upgraded since I updated to 2003, except for maybe a few software patch. Will a brick level restore from 5.5 into an brick level 2003 work? Any fallout from this? I searched this thread and did not see exactly this issue. thank you I would not do the brick level restore. I would suggest the Exmerge route as it will ...

Use CPalette in CtlColor
hi, I want to change the Backgroundcolor in a ComboBox like HBRUSH CNxDbComboBox::CtlColor(CDC* pDC, UINT nCtlColor) { pDC->SetBkColor(RGB(255,174,94)); return blablabla... } ok, so far so good. But on Terminal-Server it won't show me the Color because of limited Colors in the Palette. So how can I use CPalette to solve this. I created a Palette and called pDC->RealizePalette(), but it didn't work out. A problem seems to me, that I need a CPaintDC, but I have a CDC!? Someone has a Idea? Thanks in advance Daniel ...

Outlook 2003 #345
How can I get outlook to stop duplicating my emails? Do you have rules set up to sort your emails into folders? If so use "Stop processing more rules" in the processing section of your rules to stop more than one rule moving emails more than once. Carol Haynes Disable any AV or Firewall integration with Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, OVance asked: | How can I get outlook to stop dup...

Conversion Access 2000 to Access 2003
Remember converting from Access 97 to Access 2000. Access 2000 used a different version of Visual Basic Code. Some of your Access 97 applications did not run correctly in Access 2000 until you modified or debugged some Visual Basic Code. Will I have to debug or modify Visual Basic Code in an Access 2000 to Access 2003 conversion? Hi Berry, There's less change in the VBA department between 2000 and 2003 than between 97 and 2000 and the conversion is usually trouble-free. See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/conversionproblems.htm and http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319400 for more...

Outlook 2003 shutdown
I am using O2K3 on a WindowsXP Pro client machine. When I open Outlook the first time in the morning everything goes well on the surface. When I try to restart Outlook it will not start. When I look in the Processes section of the Windows Task Manager Outlook is always listed there. Once I end that instance of Outlook I can start Outlook. I looked in the Knowledge Base and didn't find an answer. Why isn't Outlook completely shutting down? Thanks for the help. -- Fay Are you closing Outlook or just minimizing it? Do you have any addins installed or do you run any macros? With O2K3...

moving exchange 2003 to new hardware
I am moving exchange 2003 to new hardware, have moved all mailboxes no problem. In trying to move the public folders, I am not sure if I have done it correctly. Have article 822931 and am following. When I check the details on the replication, it says old server "In Sync", and new server "Local Modified". Is that how it should read? And when I go to check if the folders show up on the new server, they aren't there. Is there any other way to get the public folders from the old server to the new server? Thanks, Wynn The server has sp2 applied and is in nati...

VBA Quotes using IIF
In CODE 1 below, I have a working SELECT statement that is the RowSource for a combo box named cbotrackID. I'm trying to write it out in VBA, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the quotes. I didn't put my failed code in CODE 2 because I didn't want to confuse anyone. Can someone help me convert the SQL in CODE 1 into a VBA statement that I can use in VBA to set the RowSource with a code version of the sql? CODE 1 ********** SELECT t.trackID, t.trackNum, [trackNum] & ") " & [trackSong] & IIf(IsNull([trackTime]),""," (" & [...

Scrolling Left to Right in Excel using mouse scroll.
This is the first time I've seen this, a user has a worksheet that scrolls left to right when using the mouse scroll. Every other sheet moves up and down like I've always seen. Anyway any help would be appreciated, sorry for the dumb question. ...

Money 2003 synch error with PPC 2003
I have Money 2003 and recently upgraded to PPC 2003 and now I'm unable to synchronized. Is there a patch to correct this problem, so I don't have to revert to PPC 2002 or upgrade to Money 2004? Have you tried the download at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/money.mspx? If it doesn't work, here's a workaround that may work for you: 1. With the PPC in the cradle and ActiveSync running, start the installation of Pocket Money for Money 2003 on the desktop. 2. Go through the normal install routine, following the prompts on the desktop machine...

getting hotmail account in Outlook 2003
I've set up my outlook 2003 to receive my email from hotmail account (HTTP). It appears as a separate folder and works fine. Question: Though I've include this hotmail account in auto receive/send every 6 minutes as all my other email account, seems to me that hotmail account never get automatically check/download new email. When I click the hotmail folder in outlook, it starts to syn email from the server and it usually take a whole. Is it possible to set up so that the hotmail account in outlook behaviors the same as in outlook express? (In Outlook express, it automatical...

Excel 2003 & xml-file: change referring path of input file?
Hi, I would like to change the path of input data of an xml-file coded below without editing the xml-file. The best would be that it could be changed somewhere in the Excel window. <udc:DataSource MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0" xmlns:udc="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc"> <udc:Type Type="XMLFile" MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0"/> <udc:Name>Binding1</udc:Name> <udc:ConnectionInfo Purpose="Query"> <udcxf:File xmlns:udcxf="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc...

Publisher 2003 #33
What is the difference between the professional version and the academic version of Publisher 2003? Minnesota Grandma <Minnesota Grandma@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > What is the difference between the professional version and the > academic version of Publisher 2003? The non-academic version (there is no specific version named "professional" is licensed for use by anyone, and costs more. The academic version costs less, but is licensed only for use by students and teachers. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Bounces from Uninvited Attendees
We have E2k3 in our office and reguarly use the calendar feature to allow people to book internal meetings and such. Use it in just the normal manner; - User creates new appointment and 'invites attendees' It has worked fine in the past up until four days ago. We now have 1 staff member that whenever they create an appointment or receive an appointment request a bounce is sent back to the originator saying that another staff member (not invited) couldn't recieve the email. The bounced address is an old account that was removed about 12 months ago; and this is the first time its p...

outllook
Sorry guys, I have a question about outlook but don't know the name of the newsgroup. Can anyone help? Txs Silene This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01CAE568.65A0FFD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Try here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?lang=3Den&cr= =3DUS&dg=3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook.general Mike Glen Project MVP See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials "Silene" <sileneev@hot...