Outllok Rule Creation based on Greater Than Numbers...

Program: Outlook 2003

He Everyone,
My boss has requested the creation of a particular type of rule that has me
stumped. He receives many quote requests per day but we are only interested
in them if they are BELOW a certain quantity, i.e. we would be interested in
fulfilling an order for less than 1000 but not more than that. I have tried
filtering based on "Specific words in the body" with entries such as
">1000," (hoping Outlook would know to treat the entry as a number above
1000, also tried "1,***," (hoping it would recognize as a number
w/wildcards), also "1000," "1000," etc, etc, etc... Of course, all the
filter sees are the actual numbers/symbols entered. In other words it will
block ">1000" but not 1000, or it will block "1,***" but not 1000.

This is what I have in mind: Check messages when they arrive?From
People...?With specific words in the body?>1000(greater than 1000 sans text
in parenthesis)?Move it to the specified folder... and I could take it from
here        :)

So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater than"
quantity of actual numbers in the email?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Fingers crossed,

Dan

0
not4027 (2)

Not Now Please <not@thistime.net> wrote:

> So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
> Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater
> than" quantity of actual numbers in the email?

Outlook's Rules and Alerts engine cannot perform numeric comparisons of any
kind.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)
2/1/2007 1:37:53 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Brian. Take Care.

> Not Now Please <not@thistime.net> wrote:
>
>> So the non-vervbose question boils down to: Is there a way to get the
>> Outllok 2003 Rules and Alerts to filter emails based on a "greater
>> than" quantity of actual numbers in the email?
>
> Outlook's Rules and Alerts engine cannot perform numeric comparisons of
> any kind.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
not4027 (2)

Calculation/Sum based on Name Box
Hi, scattered all around in my big excel sheet i have named some cells by name. And now i need a easy way to sum up the values in thos cells. One of the cell name box values i have used "L11x361", "L11x362" and so on (just changing the last number). I also need the sum to to calculate from "L11x361" to let's say "L11x3615" even tho i only have used up to "L11x369". This is just if i in the future add some new cells to this series. If i just try to type "=L11x361+L11x362+L11x363+L11x364+L11x365+L11x366" (and so on up to value 1...

rules & junk
Is there any way to select mail marked as junk from within a rule? For example, I would like a rule to play a sound for all messages that are NOT marked as junk, i.e. moved to the junk folder. thanks, steve ...

Calculate number of days
I am using Excel 2000. I need help with a formula. In A1 I have # of years, in A2 I have # of months and in A3 I have # of days. In A4 I want to add A1 through A3 and show the total as number of days. Thanks for your help. That can't be done... the number of days in the month depends on the start date for the calculation. For example, two months starting January 1st has a different number of days in it than two months starting on March 1st. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Linda P." <Linda P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7398AB5-4FC6-4...

CDialog: number of controls in resource editor
Help, I use a CDialog Window having a lot of controls (buttons, edit,...). I show them with ShowWindow when I need a special control. Now I can't add a new control in my window. Is there a maximum value for number of controls in a CDialog? How can I increase it? Thanks for help, Guido Franzke I think the max is 255! AliR. "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:O%23zlGJqMIHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Help, > > I use a CDialog Window having a lot of controls (buttons, edit,...). I > show > them with ShowWindow when I need a spe...

Why have to run rules manually to process emails
Hi, I am running outlook 2002 on a W2K box, with all up-to-date service packs. Although I keep my outlook running, it sometimes does not filter out emails when it should. And, if I manually run the rules (via rules wizard), the emails are processed as specified by the rules. Why is this? (I am aware that sometimes, when outlook starts up, it may not process some emails; but this is not the case since my outlook is kept running). Thanks. Yan ...

default field value based on a Max expression
How do you create a default value based on the current max value of that same field in the table? What i'm trying to do is similar to having an autonumber but I want it to be editable. Any ideas? Many thanks, SMiller In the DefaultValue property of a textbox use the expression: = DMax("FieldName", "TableName") + 1 That will add 1 to the highest value in the table. Be aware that in a multi-user environment, it is relatively easy for 2 users to grab the same number so you should save the record asap. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Excell spread sheet: reinstate number of rows to 50
In my excell spread sheet, I need to find out how to reinstate a specific number of rows. It is an address spread sheet with approx 40-50 rows. As it stands now I cannot get to the bottom of the number of rows, and so cannot access the tabs at the bottom of the spread sheet that say Sheet 2, Sheet 3 etc, where a lot of other info is stored. Some guesses at your predicaments, & tinkers to try: 1. Click Window > Unfreeze pane (panes may be frozen?) 2. Click Tools > Options > View tab > Check "Sheet tabs" > OK (sheet tabs at bottom cannot be seen?) 3. Select the...

number to time format when digit length varies
I am struggling to convert following "number" format cells as 24 hrs "time" format (hh:mm) 516 2306 637 202 2353 300 3 6 It should then appear as: 05:16 23:06 06:37 02:02 23:53 03:00 00:03 00:06 Any help will be a great relief. Thanks/regards, You can't use format to do this, you would need a formula (or a macro) and help cells, then you can copy and paste as special over the old values, with your value in A1 =(INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)/60)/24 format as hh:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "UM Win" <noname@UMwin.com>...

EXCEL TO OUTLLOK
How do I import an Excel document to Outlook...The excel document is a mailing list...ie names,company phone #s emails addresses etc...which all are fields in Outlook...and I know the initial steps to import to Outlook...but I keep getting an error message "fields are not recognized"...meaning that the "fields" in the Excel document are not being recognized by Outlook???? HELP HELP...JEFF From Excel Help: Share contact data between Excel and Outlook Do one or both of the following: Export Microsoft Excel names and addresses to Microsoft Outlook Select the data yo...

rules not working in outlook
I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, all I have to do is decommission my old exchange 5.5 box. Since the upgrade users who had rules setup to forward messages to external email accounts have stopped working. Relaying is setup on the new exchange 2003 server for the few users who need to do this. I am running outlook 2000 and 2003 on my network and it affects both. Has anyone run into this problem On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:29:09 -0800, Collins33 <Collins33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently upgraded from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, all I have to do i...

RM Cash Receipts Next Payment Number Skipping
We are having an issue in Great Plains cash receipts window, where the next payment number is skipping. At times the next payment number defaults to a previously used payment number, which it should not. Also the end users have reported at times getting a message saying next payment number is not available. Sometimes in the Receivables setup window the Cash Receipt payment number is missing. This started happening all the suddent and we are not sure why. Users do have the ability to delete unposted cash receipts. Does anyone have some insight into this issue and a possible resolution? ...

NewsGroups Rules Question
There are a couple of Usenet groups that I find useful (like this one, obviously). In one of the groups there are a number of 'Trolls' that I find irritating. I typically generate a 'rule' for the irritating poster(s) that says (in this case) Where the From line contains 'nobody@dizum.com' then delete it This typically works but for this particular person he/she keeps showing. I browsed through all my 'Newsgroup Rules' and the rule that says delete this case shows up four times. But he/she is (as far as I can tell) is never deleted from my v...

Creating a Custom Outlook Rule
I have an MS Access application that uses Outlook Automation to start an email thread. The subject line is somthing like: "TID(427) This is my Subject blah blah ..." I am trying to set Outlook up so that whenever the email response has "TID(###)" it automatically copies that email to a it's matching windows subdirectory. Like ... \\MyServer\MyMailShare\TID(427) This is my Subject blah blah ... So, from Outlook, the custom rule would need to first recgnize that "TID(" is an incoming response to the application, then copy that email to its assoc...

Which mesage rule has deleted (OE6)
Emails from a mailout that I want to read keep ending up in my Deleted folder. How can I find out which Message Rule is sending them there? I have created new rules that should Stop Processing More Rules on these messages but they're still being deleted. disable all rules and enable them one at a time to see what they do. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook new...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I have run into a problem where my rules associted with my second and third IMAP account will not work crroectly when receving incoming mail through those accounts. I have even tried applying the rules to all accounts and the messages are still not processed. I can however, do a RUN NOW and sometimes the rules will run but only for one message at a time. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a bug or am I missing something? Thanks Travis ...

Counting the number of coloured cells
Hi all, I would love to be able to count the number of cells in a row that are coloured yellow or the number of cells that are coloured green. Is this possible? Mat "Mat][" <masterman@telpacific.com.au> wrote... >I would love to be able to count the number of cells in a row that are >coloured yellow or the number of cells that are coloured green. > >Is this possible? If these colors are the result of conditional formatting, then use the same conditions in a conditional sum. For example, if yellow corresponds to cells >= 100 but < 1000 while green corresp...

Restrict "Public folder" folder creation
How can I prevent users from creating new folders under public folder in Exchange 2003? Thanks, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256131 Todd "Zack" <svoiasgfs@sdlgweg90dflg.com> wrote in message news:u2dAzCFBHHA.5060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I prevent users from creating new folders under public folder in > Exchange 2003? > > Thanks, > see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328808/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Zack" <svoiasgfs@sdlgweg90dflg.com> wrote in message news:u2dAzCFBHHA.5060@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Ho...

Outllok error
The Outlook error I get and have for a couple of years now is when I go to delete or archive messages that are any earlier than 11/5/2003 which are in my sent folder. The message interface has returned an unknown error, if the problem persists , restart outlook. I am runing Office XP with Outlook 2003 SP 1 installed ...

Excel percentages greater than 99%
How can I format an Excel cell so that a formula value of 100% is not displayed as 0%? Hi, Dee; Can you explain? 0.99=99% 1=100%, 1.25=125% My copy of Excel has no problem displaying these. -IanRoy "Dee" wrote: > How can I format an Excel cell so that a formula value of 100% is not > displayed as 0%? ...

Rules Wizard #35
I set up rules to filter spam from several people's computers but I noticed that outlook seems to outright ignore the exceptions. I tried to have it keep an exception for our domain and for our trusted domains but it still filtered it out (this is especially a problem for marketing) I even went to the point of specifying particular email addresses to exclude and it still filtered those out. Does anyone know what the deal with this is? Thanks ...

person number
How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number YYMMDD-xxxx? 500101-1234 --> 56 =DATEDIF(DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),MID(A1,5,2)),TODAY(),"y") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <f_ringberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1140518042.263239.177070@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number > YYMMDD-xxxx? > > 500101-1234 --> 56 > Datedif? I have excel swedish version, i don't find it... Niek Otten wrote: > =DATEDIF(DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),MID(A1,5,2)),TODAY(),"...

Using iserror with greater than
I am having trouble and would like to use greater than =IF(ISERROR(D2+D8),"",D2+D8) I need a condition if D2+D8>=6 if it does then add D2+D8 all the while using iserror if D2 happens to be blank With Thanks This should be fine =IF(D2+D8>6,D2+D8,"") regardless of whether D2 is blank or not -- HTH Bob "smandula" <smandula@idirect.com> wrote in message news:9bcd4fff-fd6a-4794-9ca5-12902d28846c@q30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... >I am having trouble and would like to use greater than > > =IF(ISERROR(D2+D8),"&...

Banned extensions
Hello, I was wondering if someone could point me to the reg hack that will allow "banned" file extensions for Outlook 2003. The reg hack that works for previous versions does not work. Thanks.. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jeff M." <spook_man@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:k81590d71n58o9q51eoio6p9vhbaa9bbi6@4ax.com... > Hello, > I was wondering if someone could point me to the reg hack that > will allow "banned" file extensions for Outlook 2003. The reg hack > that works for previous versions does not work. > ...

How to create message rule?
Don't seem to access the Tools Menu to create the message rule. pls help. "=?Utf-8?B?SEo=?=" <HJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:09F17DF7- 002B-4050-8AF6-475A8BF35A25@microsoft.com: > Don't seem to access the Tools Menu to create the message rule. pls help. > I'm afraid I don't understand your question. What are you trying to do and what specifically isn't working? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Group/KSG http://www.scgab.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/computers/onenotefaq...

Number Question
Hi. I'm using Excel 2007. I have a row with a cell that contains a number, say 4444. I want to select this number and drag down so the following cells below this row and cell with a number with appear as 4444.1, the next row and cell below this as 4444.2, ... 4444.10, 4444.11, and so on, by dragging down the mouse. Can this be done? And how should I format the column? As a number, as general, as ...? I tried holding down the Ctrl key, or the Alt key, but the result was: 4444.1, 4445.1, etc. If I format the column as a number, when I resort, the problem appears after 4444.10, bec...