Outllok 2003 Mail Merge with Word XP

I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest
of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail
merge from my Outlook contacts using Word XP. Any help
regarding how this may be achieved? Your help is
appreciated. Best regards,

Sastry

0
sastry (1)

Versions must match. It has been ever thus.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sastry" <sastry@saraswathula.com> wrote in message
> I only upgraded to Outlook 2003 while retaining the rest
> of Office XP. It appears that I can no longer do a mail
> merge from my Outlook contacts using Word XP. Any help
> regarding how this may be achieved? Your help is
> appreciated. Best regards,
>
> Sastry

0
russval (3097)

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

how do I re-direct my exsisting e-mail account to outlook express.
I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo=20 >e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >. > Outlook Express is a part of the operating system, specifically Internet Explorer. You will have better luck where the OE Gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer redirecting e-mail <red...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Word problem
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Word will not let me insert a bibliography into my word document. When i go onto document elements - it is not allowing me to click as it is shadowed - ???? Since you don't specify otherwise, start with the basics: 1- Make sure Office is fully updated to 12.2.4 2- Make sure OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 3- Repair Disk Permissions 4- Restart your Mac Confirming all of that it will make it possible to determine how to approach the problem. Until that's all done it's pointless to chase symptoms. Regar...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...