Outbox Problems

I cannot send any emails on Outlook because they get stuck in the Outbox.
While they are stuck in my outbox the most unusual thing happens:  the
intended recipient of the email gets multiple (sometimes as many as 40-50 of
the email in their Inbox and they call me and tell me to stop whatever it is
that I am doing because it is "out of control".  Help.
0
Delores (1)

What version of Outlook are you using? Also, do you receive any error
messages when trying to send mail items?

"Delores" <Delores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot send any emails on Outlook because they get stuck in the Outbox.
> While they are stuck in my outbox the most unusual thing happens:  the
> intended recipient of the email gets multiple (sometimes as many as 40-50
> of
> the email in their Inbox and they call me and tell me to stop whatever it
> is
> that I am doing because it is "out of control".  Help.

0
vince8328 (2733)
10/11/2008 8:51:11 AM
Are you using a virus scanner on the outgoing email? if so, disable email
scanning.

 is this an imap account in outlook 2007 and you have it set to move the
sent messages to the imap folder? if so, set it to use the local folder and
see if it fixes it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Delores" <Delores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot send any emails on Outlook because they get stuck in the Outbox.
> While they are stuck in my outbox the most unusual thing happens:  the
> intended recipient of the email gets multiple (sometimes as many as 40-50
> of
> the email in their Inbox and they call me and tell me to stop whatever it
> is
> that I am doing because it is "out of control".  Help.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outbox Email
I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Please send any help to the above email address. Thanks, Frank >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in >my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in >Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any >help will be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Frank > >. > If you have messages in your Outbox, ...

SB_THUMBTRACK Problem
Hi guys, I'm having a problem. Here is code: // my override for the CWnd-derived class void CTileMapWnd::OnVScroll(UINT nSBCode,UINT nPos,CScrollBar* pScrollBar) { // skipped the other nSBCodes for this example BOOL bRedraw=FALSE; if(nSBCode == SB_THUMBTRACK){ m_curPos=(int)nPos; bRedraw=TRUE; } // redraw if(bRedraw){ SetScrollPos(SB_VERT,m_curPos); Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); } // extra question: do I gotta call this ? // CWnd::OnVScroll(nSBCode,nPos,pScrollBar); } Alright, the problem happens when nPos hits that 32,000~ integer maximum value. But in Win 32 are...

Outlook problem continued....
Hello Mr. Schorr. Sorry to respond like this but this is exactly my problem, i cannot respond in other mails only make new ones :) And my version of OE is 6.00.2800.1160 (xpsp1) When i look at that about screen i notice that the Csapi3t1.dll file don't have a version number, and it should be in C:\ but there is no file there, tried to use show all files in Total Commander and nope, it's not there.....just did a search for the file and found it in. C:\programs\MSN\MSNcorefiles\csapi3t1.dll Is it an important file since it showed up in the about screen of OE? Or maybe im just on th...

Mail stays in Outbox for about a minute
I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send Imediately When Connected selected" Any thoughts? Sander wrote: > I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in > the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send > Imediately When Connected selected" > > Any thoughts? What version/SP of Outlook? If you're on 2003, using cached mode? What client OS version, and is there a personal firewall installed/enabled? Anyone else...

word 2010 beta problems
I have been recently invited to participate in Office 2010 beta and I am having probs with word 2010 beta...Always at open, it encounters an error and has to close. All the other office programs work just fine! (outlook, access, excel etc all ok) On the top bar it does show word fails validation, all the other programs validate just fine....I have tried the repair option, completely removed all office products, run tools like CCleaner, complete reinstall and revalidate and fully updated MS updates and of course needed reboots. I am running XP Pro SP3 But I still have the s...

Ranking problem
Any help would be appreciated: I have a spreadsheet with a list of names and points awarded to the and have some VBA code which then ranks the names in order. My problem is that if two people have the same number of points Exce ranks both them as 1st place and then the next person as 3rd. I woul like the ranking to show that after a tie in 1st the next person woul be ranked as 2nd (or a tie in 4th the next person would be ranked 5t (and not 6th) and so on. Is this possible? Many thanks Seamu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Seamus One way assuming data in C2:C100 In ...

Chart layout problem
I want to make my chart display the full width of the page, but just above where the Legend is shown - I know how to remove that - there's a blue box "Drop Series Fields Here" that I can't find how to remove ! :( Any simple pointers - I am no good at all with VBA and we're not able to install anything complex at work - very gratefully received :) Nick in Leeds On Nov 24, 2:26=A0pm, NickTheBatMan <nickw7...@gmail.com> wrote: > I want to make my chart display the full width of the page, but just > above where the Legend is shown - I know how to remove that - ...

smtp anonymous problem
my exchange server is Exchange 2000, I found a strange problem ,when I use outlook express for mail client, I can sent email by any of username in my domain,even if I don't know the password of the username, it means, I can sent email anomymously . I think it is not safe ,maybe some day one of my colleague could send email with my boss's usernme to tell the whole company have a week's holiday,how terrible it is. who can help me to fix the problem? SMTP sux doesnt it? <g> 1. Your mailer should be configured to only accept SMTP connections from your gateways/relays or fr...

Outbox not sending messages
My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very much. Lynda On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:15:25 -0800, "Lynda Reid" <lreidrealtor@comcast.net> wrote: >My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as >to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very >much. > >Lynda YOu're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the database software Microsoft Access, not for email software or general compu...

Problems connecting with Outlook Remotely
We have an Exchange 2003 Server and we can connect in our office fine, and on via webaccess anywhere. However we cannot connect with Outlook from outside the office. We are using various versions of Outlook including 2003, and it will not connect? We have disabled the firewall and still nothing. The webaccess works fine, not sure what I am missing The information should be help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840255 -- Jammy "Simple Chris" <Simple Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> �...

oulook calendar problems
When I schedule meetings using oulook 2002 for eg at 10am the receipients are getting invitations for incorrect hours. This could be 11am instead 10 am. The computer time and the time zones are correct. Can someone please help? Daylight Savings Time match in Outlook and Control Panel? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, babu datt asked: | When I schedu...

Problem Attaching File to Email
I have setup email, using CDO, in a database. I have incorporated www.lebans.com's code for creating a PDF. However, when I configure my CDO.Message object, I get an "Object doesn't support this property or method. Error Number 438" Here is the offending code. It is the .AddAttachment property. With iMsg .To = gblEmail1 .From = gblEmailFrom .BCC = gblEmailBCC .Subject = gblEmailSubject .Sender = gblEmailReply .ReplyTo = gblEmailReply .HTMLBody = gblEmailBody .AddAttachment = "c:\tsw\...

outbox? what outbox?
I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? zant zant <> wrote: > I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my > outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New > computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an > inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? > zant View -> Folder List -- Shenan Stanley "Just trying to help" ---------------...

Problems inserting a formula ina acell using VBA
Hi All, I write this forum, trying to mfind a solution for a little problem I have wiht my Excel spreadsheet. I'm tryiing to insert a (not very) complex formula ina cell using the ".Formula" property of the cell, but it fails with a 1004 run-time error. When inserting a simple formula like the one in the example included with the excel-help it works Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Formula = "=$A$4+$A$10" but when trying ro to insert my own formula, it fails... Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Formula = "=IF(AH2=1;(AH1...

oversized MB item stuck in outbox
Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Set outlook offline, wait 5 min and delete. -- "atillacan" <atillacan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421F7F93-6D5B-41D9-98A4-50D7CF7CB68A@microsoft.com... > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete atillacan wrote: > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). -...

cell calculation problem
I need to perform a calculation on a cell, that is dependant on the text value in another cell. Its easy to do as part of visual basic. But can do the same as part of a cell calculation ?? Something like, If cell A1 = "abc" then cell A2 = cell a12 * 1.05 Try the following in cell A2. =IF(A1="abc",A12*1.05,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "hamstring" <agent@agent.com> wrote in message news:u9lgj1hkmmi09e5js2aq07qe9k2sejmqaj@4ax.com... >I need to perform a calculation on...

Outbox
1 users outbox contains a message that cannot be deleted (access denied) - Exchange 2K + Outlook client - not tha client machine because the email is also there using OWA and other computers - any ideas? Thanx Jakob Try using shift+delete to delete the item. "Sokrates" wrote: > 1 users outbox contains a message that cannot be deleted (access > denied) - Exchange 2K + Outlook client - not tha client machine > because the email is also there using OWA and other computers - any > ideas? > > Thanx > Jakob Hi, I get the same errormsg (tranlated from danish): ...

Post CDO patch problem w/ MAPI reviewing the content of a PF
We have a problem after installing the CDO patch on E2K with a VB 6 application which uses MAPI to review the content of a public folder. For example, say the time is currently 4:00 PM. The program is suppose to retreive email -30 minutes from 4:00PM. The VB code accuretly returns the current Time as 4:00 PM and the subtraction of 30 minutes also is correct, which is 3:30 PM. The 3:30 PM is supplied to the MAPI filter to retrieve email starting from that time. However it is not doing that. It tries to retrieve from 4:30 PM onwards therfore it cannot find anything because the current time...

Outlook outbox #2
Cannot delete items from Outlook 'Outbox'. Can delete from inbox and deleted items folder. Anybody got a fix or workaround? Haaaaaallllllllpppppp. If you are using microsoft outlook (may be your PST file is currpt run scanpst tool) you can get this scanpst tool if you search on your office installation drive. SAM "Nedly" <emillis@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:0f7b01c3af08$2d024af0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Cannot delete items from Outlook 'Outbox'. Can delete from > inbox and deleted items folder. Anybody got a fix or > workaround? Haaaaaallllllllpp...

Problems with Lead/Contact sharing?
Has anyone else had problems with Leads/Contact sharing themselves between users for no reason? We're having some issues where our leads/contacts are randomly being shared between SCs and TSCs. Doesn't make any sense at all... We had the same problem with Opportunities being shared without anyone actually sharing them. We poked around at it a bit and discovered that when a record is Assigned to another sales person, the person doing the assigning is automatically setup with sharing on that record. Our problem is that we can't seem to figure out how to get rid of the sharin...

Stationery problem ...
Hi, for a few weeks now we are getting 'Unable to preview selevted stationery, or no stationery selected' when we try and setup stationery in Outlook 2002 (and Exchange Server 2003). any help would be most apprecieted. Thanks. ...

Delete problem
Hi, I have a spread sheet which is set up for 12 months of year 2005 with fomulars and colors. My questions are: 1/ I am not sure why the sheet is too big. (10 KB). Do you think that it has a normal size because of the fomulars and color? Can we compact the sheet, so its size will be smaller as we do with Access? 2/ In my sheet, I see a extra border line. I tried to delete it as many different ways, but it is still there. Ex: I made a low border from cell A1 to A50. I would like to delete the border line after cell A51 to ......cell A 256. Please show me how to do it. Loi Loi wro...

Mailbox creation problem
I was able to create user from ADUC and mailboxes were created without errors. After I applied the latest Windows updates on 04/12/06 to Windows 2003 box (running Exchange 2003) and to AD which is Windows 2000, this started to fail. Using ADUC to create new user and add a mailbox for them. But no matter how long I wait, email tab in this new users properties will stay empty. No errors appear to any log, On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:44:28 -0700, anotheradmin <anotheradmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was able to create user from ADUC and mailboxes were created without errors. >...

VBA problem
I would like a macro to run only if the active cell is in a specific column. I have tried: If ActiveCell.Column="X" Then run macro etc End If But this does not work. I think the syntax above is incorrect. Would appreciate help in correcting this. JP Hi JP, You need to work the the column number, not it's letter. Thus: If ActiveCell.Column = 24 Then ... End If -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "JP" <Doug@nomail.com> wrote in message news:5045FC61-69A1-44B0-9013-2B5A1860D27F@microsoft.com... >I would like ...

send mail stays in outbox
i have a paid yahoo pop3 account and having problems getting mail in outlook 2003 as well as trouble sending. I get the error message 0x82004210B. Any idea how to fix this? tere via OfficeKB.com <u14560@uwe> wrote: > i have a paid yahoo pop3 account and having problems getting mail in > outlook 2003 as well as trouble sending. I get the error message > 0x82004210B. Any idea how to fix this? What version of Outlook? Is that the entire message? What do Yahoo's support people say? -- Brian Tillman ...