Outbox difficulty with Office Outlook

In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from several
of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before
transmission.  I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes which
also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is
blank.  WHY?
0
Eric1 (389)

"eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from
> several
> of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before
> transmission.  I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes
> which
> also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is
> blank.  WHY?

Err why don't you check the sender BEFORE you click "Send"?

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

You are using outlook the same way as you used Express, which is wrong.
When you create a new msg, you use the account option, in that new msg
window, to select the account you are sending from.
If you are replying to a mail it defaults to the account it was received on

"eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from
> several
> of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before
> transmission.  I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes
> which
> also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is
> blank.  WHY?

0
notvalid5776 (249)
4/20/2009 9:09:03 PM

"eric" wrote:

> In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from several
> of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before
> transmission.  I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes which
> also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is
> blank.  WHY?

Thank you both Gordon and DL (and Gordon for previous help).
Yes chaps I've spotted the 'Account' button and the drop down
list of my addresses.  Go back a step: in Express there's a 'from'
field with a drop down menu of sender addresses - which can be
selected and SEEN.  This sender is re-confirmed in the Outbox.
In Office Outlook it's true you select the sender - BUT IT'S NOT SHOWN!

It's easy to mis-select or forget to select from the default sender - so a
check is a glance at the Outbox from time to time befor transmission - but
this blasted Outbox column is blank.  Hence my question - WHY?
0
Eric1 (389)
4/21/2009 8:36:01 AM

> "eric" wrote:
>
>> In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from
>> several
>> of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before
>> transmission.  I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes
>> which
>> also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column
>> is
>> blank.  WHY?

Certainly in Outlook 2007 you can add the "From" field to the new message
window. (Not certain about previous versions...)

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

"eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Thank you both Gordon and DL (and Gordon for previous help).
> Yes chaps I've spotted the 'Account' button and the drop down
> list of my addresses.  Go back a step: in Express there's a 'from'
> field with a drop down menu of sender addresses - which can be
> selected and SEEN.  This sender is re-confirmed in the Outbox.
> In Office Outlook it's true you select the sender - BUT IT'S NOT SHOWN!
>
> It's easy to mis-select or forget to select from the default sender - so a
> check is a glance at the Outbox from time to time befor transmission - but
> this blasted Outbox column is blank.  Hence my question - WHY?

You could display the From field, as Gordon says, but it won't contain the
sending address.  It will usually be blank for someone using Outlook from
home.  The From field is useful only in an Exchnage environment when you are
the delegate of someone's mailbox and you wish to send mail on their behalf.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Strange Outlook 2003 issue
I have a client running Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. The issue she has (and it only seems to be the one user), is this: When sending some emails, whether to a group or an individual user; internal or external; the email goes into both Sent and deleted items at the same time with a header that says 'This email has not been sent'. When we check with the recipient they have received the email. There does not seem to be any consistency with this, we have tried sending to the same sender and all ok, we have tried sending with and without attachments...nothing seems to make any d...

Outbox Email
I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Frank Please send any help to the above email address. Thanks, Frank >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 03. I have set up a few messages in >my outbox, my question is this. Do I need to be in >Outlook for the messages in my Outbox to be sent? Any >help will be appreciated. > >Thanks, > >Frank > >. > If you have messages in your Outbox, ...

Appointment not being deleted from CRM calendar after delete in Outlook
Hi, One of our client has installed the Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Outlook 3.0 on one desktop for testing purposes. As long as the user is creating new appointments and has clicked the "Track in CRM", everything goes fine, the appointment is created in Outlook calendar as well as in the CRM calendar -> Good. But if the user deletes the appointment in Outlook, after the synchronization, the corresponding appointment is NOT deleted in the CRM calendar -> Not Good. This is not the behaviour expected since Outlook is kind of the "master" in this schema: eve...

Mail stays in Outbox for about a minute
I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send Imediately When Connected selected" Any thoughts? Sander wrote: > I'm on a new Exchange 2003 server and for some reason my mail sits in > the Outbox for about a minute or until I hit F9. I have "Send > Imediately When Connected selected" > > Any thoughts? What version/SP of Outlook? If you're on 2003, using cached mode? What client OS version, and is there a personal firewall installed/enabled? Anyone else...

Running Office 2008 Setup Assistant Fails (?)
Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on both sides, pressed continue, and nothing happened. I repaired permissions and did it again with the same result. I rebooted. Same result. Anybody help??!!! On 2/22/08 8:05 AM, in article ee8e669.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ADDad@officeformac.com" <ADDad@officeformac.com> wrote: > Installed Office 2008 successfully on my intel iMac. Did not remove Office > 2004. When the Setup Assistant came up, I filled in all the boxes on bo...

Outlook 2003 SP1 sent emails gone crazy!
Quite recently Outlook has decided that whenever I specify which email account/address I'd like to send a reply through, it always reverts back to a particular imap account that isn't set as the default and doesn't show any reason why this would happen. I decided to delete this imap account and recreate it to see if this helped. I now have the problem in that when I reply to emails sent to other accounts, using these other accounts (i.e. not the imap one), Outlook goes through the motions as if it was sending, and then in the bottom right of the window it states that send...

Is there a way to make Office 2007 emulate Office 2003?
I greatly prefer the look and feel of Office 2003 when using Word and Excel; I am just curious if there is an "upgrade" or something similar that can cause Office 2007 to act like Office 2003. Thanks for any input. There are third party add-ins available. Not sure if any are free tho. I wouldn't count on them being completely what you want. My personal suggestion would be to get used to the ribbon. It's not going to go away and you may not always be able to rely on an add-in being available. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "M...

Won't Send or Receive Mail
My operating system is Windows 98SE w/all updates and I use Outlook 97 Ver. 8.04.5619. When I open Outlook it may/may not search for new mail as it did in the past. If I use F5 or Tools-Send/Receive Mail, my Symantic Crash Guard comes up with a window. It says, "Norton Crash Guard Assistant Intercepted a crash in OleMainThreadWndName". Also, "This effects both the Program (Outlook) and the System". The recommendation is to,"Terminate the program to avoid a system wide crash". The Details button in the window says, "Technical Crash Details: MAPISP32 c...

Error opening Outlook #3
When I try to open Outlook I get an error message saying that it could not be started because the internet account manager disk is either full or out of memory. I dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2003 won't run
I have been having problems with Outlook XP then I bought Office 2003 hoping a new install of Outlook would help. I am still having problems. Now when I run the program I get a message saying to send a report to Microsoft and restart the program. This happens over and over and it will not install. I have reloaded the program, uninstalled it, repaired it, nothing seems to work. It just gets worse and worse. I'm thinking about buying Eudora Pro and being done with it. Don Sounds like a Windows issue. Are you running XP SP2? "Don Smith" wrote: > I have been having probl...

Office 2003 v Publisher 07
Hi, Can I download Publisher 2007 to my Office 2003 suite Thanks Luba Luba wrote: > Can I download Publisher 2007 to my Office 2003 suite You can install Publisher 2007 alongside Office 2003. You will need to purchase Publisher 2007 first. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Outbox not sending messages
My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very much. Lynda On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:15:25 -0800, "Lynda Reid" <lreidrealtor@comcast.net> wrote: >My outbox messages aren't being sent. Can someone give me instructions as >to if / what I need to do to update, correct the problem? Thank you very >much. > >Lynda YOu're asking in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for the database software Microsoft Access, not for email software or general compu...

Problems connecting with Outlook Remotely
We have an Exchange 2003 Server and we can connect in our office fine, and on via webaccess anywhere. However we cannot connect with Outlook from outside the office. We are using various versions of Outlook including 2003, and it will not connect? We have disabled the firewall and still nothing. The webaccess works fine, not sure what I am missing The information should be help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840255 -- Jammy "Simple Chris" <Simple Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> �...

Outlook Won't Launch
I have been using MS Outlook 2007 successfully for about a year. Last month, for the first time, I received the following error message when I tried to launch Outlook: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Pfeiffer\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file." I was told that the program had become corrupted and that I should uninstall and reinstall it, which I have done. The result is the same. I have ...

Outlook Rules and general help
HI! 1. I am a beginner with MS Outlook. When I migrated from OE to OL, I checked the box to import all my rules but it did not happen. How can I get it? 2. What is the best and quick way to setup rules in OL? 3. I have IMAP account configured in OL. When I open it, it goes directly to "ibox" of personal folder but I want OL to open "inbox" of my IMAP server on startup. Can this be done? 4. Where can I get simple explaination of calendar, journal, notes & tasks. Is there any website? Thanx Maxi Maxi <mac_mahesh@hotmail.com> wrote: > 1. I am a beginner wit...

Outlook 2003 News Tool Button
Added the news button into the GO pull down menu as intructed in the help file, went to news reader one time only and worked fine. Now the button does not appear in either the pull down or the custimized portion to add again. It doess show up at times in the pull down but opes the explorer and takes me to a directory. Tried rebuilding with the repair button but did nothing. NOTE: This done the exact samething on another machine running Outlook 2003.. Had to post this from home in 2000. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change ...

Office Home & Student 2007
I have Office H &S 2007 installed on 2 of 3 computers. I am allowed 3, I know. I am going to buy/purchase a new computer and do not wish to use the last activation. I wish to activate by phone after loading the program. (Also, I may buy/purchase another computer in the future and this would mandate an activation by phone.) Can/will someone tell me there's 'no-problem' and how to do this? Like, how do I contact Microsoft? Thanks. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4626 (20091120) __________ The mes...

Linking cells to Pivot Tables in Office XP "Get Pivot" frustrations
I was recently upgraded to Office XP at work. I've encountered one frustrating new feature. I can no longer link a cell to a pivot table cell and copy this linked cell across the row. For example, in the linked cell formula,instead of the linked cell referring to the pivot table cell as "C11" it refers to it as "GETPIVOTDATA("PMPM",$I$18,"Rpt_Date",DATE(2003,11,1),"renew_current",DATE(2004,1,1))". This may return the correct value for this intial cell but if I try to copy this link to the next cell over (across the row), I get the same val...

Office versions
Hi there, Could anyone give me the difference between Office X for Mac and Office 2004 for Mac, teacher and student editions? I have the Office X version. Thanks. Doug Hi Doug - The list would be far too long to post here, but the 2 main distinctions - at least to my feeble mind - are: 1- Office 2004 is far more stable & reliable, and 2- Office X is no longer as current (supported) version. You might want to take a look at the Mactopia web site for what Office 2004 has to offer & compare to what you now have. The demo highlights many of the differences & you can still downloa...

outbox? what outbox?
I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? zant zant <> wrote: > I'm getting a message that I have unsent mail in my > outbox, but I can't find any outbox ANYWHERE. New > computer, first-time outlook user. All I have is an > inbox. That's it. No sent mail folder either. What gives? > zant View -> Folder List -- Shenan Stanley "Just trying to help" ---------------...

Outlook 2007 / Importing addresses from Outlook Express
Is there a trick to this or is there an easy way to import my email addies from Outlook Express .wab files into Outlook 2007. I have over 4,000 email addies to transfer. Help PLEASE -- Jan Theres no trick, what happens when you import addresses? "Janice" <jan@alpacatyme.com[donotspam]> wrote in message news:B88C8B66-5308-4D6F-A87D-808ACE9555E3@microsoft.com... > Is there a trick to this or is there an easy way to import my email addies > from Outlook Express .wab files into Outlook 2007. I have over 4,000 > email > addies to transfer. Help PLEASE > -- ...

My office files Grrbaged
Dear Friends all of my office files are garbaged accidently. I dont know how to recover it. Please help me to over come this problem otherwise my boss will fire me soon (cause file contains data of past 5 years). If you want to try it yourself then click below. one is waiting for your kind attention http://www.geocities.com/gripmax/files/technical_books_for_engineers.xls I shall be thankful to you -- webnet ------------------------------------------------------------------------ webnet's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29162 View this thread: ...

How to know Outlook is being started in Offline mode?
Hi, Could anyone please help me to find out the way to know Outlook is being started in Offline mode? In other words, I want to find out whether Outlook has not connected/disconnected with Exchange server from my Outlook 2007's addin OnStartupComplete method. Thanks. Please open the object browser (f2), switch from <All libraries> to Outlook, then enter 'offline' into the textbox,and press enter. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&lang=en> Am Sun, ...

oversized MB item stuck in outbox
Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Set outlook offline, wait 5 min and delete. -- "atillacan" <atillacan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:421F7F93-6D5B-41D9-98A4-50D7CF7CB68A@microsoft.com... > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete atillacan wrote: > Sent email with too many photos. Keeps trying to send and I can't delete Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). -...

Default ink settings Office 2007
Does anyone know how to set the default ink settings in Office 2007 (particularly word 07)? As an example, I prefer ballpoint pen with green rather than red marker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...