Outbound Mail Problem - 6 Posts - No replies - Pls help

On Windows XP Professional with Outlook 2002 SP2, I was getting the
0x8004210B error when sending or forwarding mail with attachments. Since I
had come across this before - I tried following the same procedures as I
have used previously to overcome this problem but had no success.

This was a brand new system fully patched (Windows and Office updates
applied) and
Trend Micro Internet Security 2004 as the Anti-Virus.

0x8004210B Mail get's stuck in Outbox when sending or forwarding messages
with
attachments.

The customer uses a dialup account to Telstra Bigpond.

I also followed the workaround in the articles below - but no success:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329923&Product=ol2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823663&Product=ol2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827349&Product=ol2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315049&Product=ol2002
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836562&Product=ol2002

After this, I Installed Service Pack 3 for OfficeXP (which was suppose to
rectify the
problem) but didnt fix it.

After deleting the mail account and recreating it - I still was receiving
this error and experiencing the same problem.

I created the DWORD entry in the registry - still didnt work.

I removed Trend Micro Internet Security 2004 - restarted - deleted and
recreated mail
account - problem still occured!

So then we upgraded to Office 2003 - updated through Office Update - but the
problem still exists!

Using Outlook 2003 - I tried this article : but no luck
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315049&Product=off2003

I don't know what else to do - Peter Scott

0
me4354 (13)

Problem with Outlook 2007 client
Hello All, I have an user that gets the following message opening his Outlook 2007 sp1 (and latest patches): "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact you system administrator if error persists". And the error persists. And I am the admin, and having no clue what could it be. :o) Tried googling on it, and trying different things (from changing his account in CRM, to uninstalling Office and CRM client on his machine) - no luck. He can open the CRM using web - no problems. In the Application Event Log: --------------...

POP3 outbound
All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. Any suggestions? On 4 Apr 2006 13:23:51 -0700, "Joe" <josiah.diddy@gmail.com> wrote: >All of sudden I have complaints from remote clients saying they can't >send mail via POP3. We are running Exchange 2003 sp2, no changes have >been made since the last time they were able to send via POP3. > >Any suggestions? Have them send with SMTP instead. On ...

password problem
I had saved a doc in excel and password protected it. I have forgotten the password now and do not know how to open it. Any suggestions?? Hi search Google for 'Excel password recovery'. You'll get many hits :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sam wrote: > I had saved a doc in excel and password protected it. I have > forgotten the password now and do not know how to open it. Any > suggestions?? ...

Web mail access troubles
Hello All I'm having a problem with my web mail. I'm the new Admin. at a company and the end users are telling me it used to work, but now doesn't. Basically I type in the ""http\\IP Address/exchange"" and get a page cannot be found message. Iv checked all the Internet mail options on the exchange server, and they seem to be in order, but it just won't connect. I can ping the IP from inside the building, but not outside the network, so im thinking firewall issues. Its Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Server 2000 SP3 Thanx Peeps how is the owa server ...

Sending page by mail
Hi, I am using Microsoft Office 2000. I have Outlook setup as my defaul mail client. I am using Internet Explorer 6.0. When I click the mail button on the Internet Explorer toolbar an choose send link or send page I should get a new mail message window Instead I get an error asking if I want to send an error report to MS I get the same error if I am using Word, Excel or Power Point and go t file, send to, mail recipient ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is Ou...

E-mail mail merge #2
I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? Pepper Use a mail merge starting from Outlook and use the Excel spreadsheet as = your data source. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Pepper asked: | I have about 300 e-mail addresses in a column in Excel. | Is there a way to send one e-mail to all these people at one time? |=20 | Pepper 1 message with 300 recipi...

A Problem with ADODB and update
i have been progrmaing in Vb Access and this script send me an error. "the recorsert don't allow updates" what's should i do? it's is the script --------------------------------------------- Private Sub button_1_Click() Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset rs.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "Select * From example_tabla", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic If IsNull(box_a) Then Beep MsgBox "Falta seleccionar A", vbExclamation, "Formulario de Prueba" box_a.SetFocus ElseIf IsNull(box...

Help on Great Plains VBA
Hi, I am a beginner to Great Plains. When I try to Place ListView Control in VBA editor, i receive a message saying "The control could not be placed, because it is not properly licenced". And also when I try to import a form which is already designed with a listview control, I receive a message "Unknown COM error". Plz could someone help me in this prpblem. Thanks in advance. Vijitha. Vijitha, The problem is exactly that, some controls must be licensed to use in development. By creating a userform and placing a control on it, that is development. In this case, yes y...

Calendar problems after Exchange move
We moved Exchange 2003 to new hardware. Ever since then I've had people calling me saying they don't have access to other user's calendars. I've had the person reissue the rights to the user, but that doesn't work. We've been running like this for weeks. What can I do to resolve it? Carlton. (this is a repost with different subject) Hi there, Create two new accounts and give them mailboxes. Under delegates (within Outlook, tools > options > delegates) of the first new user grant access to their calendar for new user 2. Login as new user 2 and see if you ca...

outbound mail #2
Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. although exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? any ideas as the messages keep growing. thanks, Bill Are the users getting any type of NDR? A few that come to mind: DNS configuration Antivirus Software SMTP Syncs "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8EB7C39-179B-4462-A1FB-A166E32AD1B1@microsoft.com... > Outbound mail from our exchange 2003 server is staying in the que. > although > exchange is constatly retrying connections they do not send?? &g...

Report Footer Help Needed Please
I have a report (a bill of lading) that I want to print 4 copies of. But at the bottom of each page I need a different statement printed (1st copy - "Original", 2nd copy "Customer Copy", 3rd copy "File Copy", etc.) Can anyone guide me in the right direction to accomplish this? Duane: Thanks for your quick response. I tried this, but I can not get it to work. Any other suggestions? Thanks, T "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:988241CB-1FD8-4EA7-98AD-7310A005CAA2@microsoft.com... > Allen Browne has a ...

Trying to stop Outlook 2002 from deleting old mail
Gave my mother a Dell a few years ago, Win XP, Office 2002, etc. She uses Outlook 2002 to handle her email. So I'm visiting and it is the usual string of things that don't work. I've managed to figure out and fix most of them. But I can't find a way to get Outlook to stop appearing to be deleting all mail older than 7 days. It isn't that they are being put into archive, I've already checked that. Actually there was no archive folder anywhere on the entire machine when I first checked. But I did provoke it to create an archive, just to see if it would fail and perh...

Having Problems with CFile
Hello I am new at this . But CFile is giving me trouble. I got visual studio 6 and . The CFile is in a function. that starts a file that will be a report file. The program compiles ok, but runs and gives a debug error and crashes help int write_rpt(void) { // begin Report function CFile fileMyFile; char initFile[200]; fileMyFile.Open("c:\rept.html", CFile::modeCreate); fileMyFile.Write(initFile, 15); fileMyFile.Close(); return 0; } Thanks Jim Problem is you didnt give permission to write while opening the file (CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite). catch th...

caps problem
in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other letters. pls help thnx Does it convert to uppercase A? If yes, I'd look at: tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab and remove the autocorrect entry that changes a to A. Yossi Cohen - RCS wrote: > > in some excel sheat i can't write "a" in cell. can only write the other > letters. > pls help > thnx -- Dave Peterson ...

Why are sometimes seconds not shown in cell? timestamp format problem
I have a column in Excel which contain timestamp information. When I right click on all the cells the format is Number->Custom->TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM Much to my surprise some of the cells show a value of e.g. 00.01.1900 13:30 At first there are TWO (!) blanks between date and time. Why? Furthermore the seconds are not shown. Why? I expected (at least) "00". Claudia Are you sure that your format wasn't TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM rather than TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM ? If you want seconds, what happens if you change it to TT.MM.JJJJ hh:MM:ss ? -- David B...

Outlook 2002, Earthlink DSL & Yahoo! Mail Plus
I'm using Outlook 2002. I have Earthlink DSL and a Yahoo! Mail Plus account. I'm able to configure Outlook 2002 to send and recieve e-mail via Earthlink mail, but not with Yahoo!. I've set the outbound server to mail.earthlink.net and the inbound server to pop.mail.yahoo.com. With this I can send e-mail, but I can't recieve it. Everytime Outlook tries to logon to the inbound mail server, it fails. I've checked and rechecked the username and password and that's not the problem. The authentication setup is wrong. Earthlink (and others) will not send mail via a...

Protecting TODAY() after mailing
I have a worksheet that contains TODAY(), +1, +2 etc function. Is it possible to stop the dates auto updating after the sheet has been emailed to the recipient. I want it to preserve the dates ( auto ) inserted when the sheet created. -- Dent ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dent's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30015 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497071 You could convert those cells to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values is one way) before you send the file...

Thread problem
The code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); crashes at CWinThread* AFXAPI AfxBeginThread(CRuntimeClass* pThreadClass, int nPriority, UINT nStackSize, DWORD dwCreateFlags, LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES lpSecurityAttrs) { #ifndef _MT pThreadClass; nPriority; nStackSize; dwCreateFlags; lpSecurityAttrs; return NULL; #else ASSERT(pThreadClass != NULL); ASSERT(pThreadClass->IsDerivedFrom(RUNTIME_CLASS(CWinThread))); //CRASHES HERE!!!! and gives the following error message when the program...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

Retrieve deleted mails
I had configured mail account in my outlook, by mistake i deleted (Shift + Delete) my mails from 'Sent Items'. How can i retrieve the deleted mails. is your outlook configured for Corporate/Workgroup mode? is Deleted Items Retention configured on the Exchange server? if so, see this... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246153 "Varadarajan R" <vardoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d43301c439c0$9433e6f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I had configured mail account in my outlook, by mistake i > deleted (Shift + Delete) my mails from 'Sent ...

horrible problem with division in Excel
Hi, I've recently purchased Office2003 and there is a horrible problem in Excel that none of friends can help me solve. I cannot make it divide two cells. The formula =A1/A2 is not working and returns an #ARG! Other calculations are fine. It is just dividing that causes the problem. I also switched off the option for "/" as Excel menu button but it is no good. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for possible solutions. Many thanks to all. Marek I'm not familiar with the #ARG! error - perhaps it's a Polish localization. By any chance do you have R1C1 referen...

Missing "Junk E-mail" folder
I recently added a new email provider and thus added new accounts in Outlook 2007. All my "old" accounts have a Junk E-mail folder with a lock sign on it, and junk and spam goes into that folder. These folders are missing on all the "new" accounts I set up. How do on set up the special folders and how do you direct junk email into them. It works great on the "old" accounts, but I forgot how they were set up. Thanks, Peter is it a lock symbol or the No symbol (red circle with a slash)? If it's a lock, then something else created it - like a 3rd party spam f...

Stucked mail in Local Delivery Queue
Hi, i have server2003sp1 with exchange2003sp1 i have a mail enabled distribution group in ad with few ad members and few emails assigned: sales@domain.net, sales@domain.com Opened server queue and found few queued mails in Local Delivery, one of them been in queue from 14.05 til now. Tried to unfreeze it - no luck, was still in queue. Check massage tracking for this mail: SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to multiple recipients SMTP: Message Scheduled to Retry Local Delivery Tried to remove that group, afterthat made a new equal group. Still nothig Now... time is up. Got the event in eve...

No outbound Email to External Servers
I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from external thanks Ken Can you rephrase? On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:35:03 -0800, kfoster@pfeinc.com <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was having some issues with some domains not reciveing email now noe email >is leaving the Que for external emaill addresses still recieving email from >external >thanks >Ken I started receving NDR's for email address that are sent to regularly after makein...

GP 10 Payables Mgmt
After closing payables for 2009, I discovered three payables transactions that need to be posted in 2009. Since I haven't closed G/L yet, what are the Great Plains implications to opening the impacted 2009 fiscal periods, posting the 2009 transactions and closing the periods again? Would I need to perform another Payables Year-End close process for 2009? I am not concerned about having these transactions paid until 2010. Thanks for your help! Beth Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Lightweight Remote Scripting with Cookies http://www.eggheadcaf...