out of memory problems with Outlook 2002 after Office Update

Yesterday I ran the Office Update through the Microsoft
web site, and now my Outlook 2002 (Windows XP), keeps
displaying the "Out of Memory or low on System Resources"
message.

I reboot, close all other tasks, and even check my CPU
usage, and my system is ok, all other applications run
fine. But with Outlook, I can basically do 1-2 tasks on a
clean boot (i.e. check mail, read one message), then
Outlook stops working. Can't read the calender, read an
email or delete an email, just the same out of memoory
message.

Just to be safe, I have also run virus scan using the
lastest virus signatures, doublechecked any memory-
resident programs, etc.

Any insights or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

0
anonymous (74721)

Outlook APPCRASH on two Vista computers at the same time. Help!!!!
On Tuesday, I replaced a router that was faulty and causing extremely slow Internet connections. The new one works fine. Today, Thur, i'm told Outlook 2007 is crashing on two machines. Both machines got an email from a particular user at the company, listed multiple times. That user had a new computer which I setup. All machines run Macafee antivirus, which is up to date and all machines have automatic windows updates. I'm wondering if an automatic update could have caused this, now that the Internet connection is much stronger and could complete larger updates. Was running like...

Problems
Hi, I am encountering problems in publishing my page to the web. I would like to know how to change filtered HTML files to ordinary HTML files. It's giving me hell. I've been trying for the past 1 week. ...

Forcing a password with Outlook on a network
I'm trying to setup a computer that logs into a LAN using Outlook 2000. More than one user uses the computer and each has their own profile to log into the network. How do I force the asking of a password when Outlook is started so that I may prevent others from seeing my mail account when I am logged into the network? what operating system on it , xp or 2000 or 98 ?? cause everyone should have their on account??? but either way you can go in the tool options and after u make the account dont set any as the defaults set the options to prompt for a password on your porfile you...

Batch Sattlement Problem #2
Today was my first day with Mercury Payment. and end of day When I try to sattle the batch and I am keep getting error CONNETION ERROR. I am trying to sattle same way I was doing with city bank. Is mercury setting different way ? Is any body here to help me to sattle the batch. I am getting connection error. Please Help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02D9_01C6F83C.869E10F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Gas, Any firewalls running? If so, turn them off temporarily to see if it = the...

Rule problem?
Hi, When i create at client based rule based on "Suspected to be junk email or from Junk senders" and define what email to move to my Spam folder in the Junk senders list some other senders end up in my Spam folder. I only have one sender listed in the Junk Senders list .. What could be the problem? Running Outlook 2K. -- /Martin ...

Migrating from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007
With the arrival of a new laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit I'm about to bite the bullet and move to Outlook 2007. Would appreciate comment as to whether my approach to transferring data will work (or not) and any advice on potential pitfalls or problems. I plan on setting up a new profile in Outlook 2007. I will then open my old .pst (saved, renamed & copied to new system) in Outlook 2007 and then copying all messages from old default folders to new default folders. Any custom folders I have I will re-create and do the same with the messages. Any thoughts on an ea...

corrupt Outlook.ost file??
I am using a Veritas Backup Exec (9.1) remote agent to backup my XP workstation nightly. The backup fails each night due to the fact that it cannot verify the Outlook.ost file. It says that the file is corrupt... What exactly is this file used for and should I be concerned? My Outlook client seems to be running fine. Thanks, Brad Brad Pears wrote: > I am using a Veritas Backup Exec (9.1) remote agent to backup my XP > workstation nightly. The backup fails each night due to the fact that > it cannot verify the Outlook.ost file. It says that the file is > corrupt... > > W...

Outlook Contact Form Full name
I am trying to create a form like the outlook 2007 Contact Manager Form. The Outlook Contact form itself...should it be bound or unbound and why. I started by having it unbound and using the Full Name command button to open the Full name details form which is bound to the People table....but how do I get the concatenated full name with salutation and suffix to appear in the text box beside the fullname command button, and autofill the business card with the concatenated name? I assumed I could simply base the textbox on a concatenation of the info that was entered in the bound po...

Outlook Installation #2
When trying to install outlook I get an error message telling me that I cannot install Outlook because I'm either using Windows in it's Safe Mode or my Windows Installer is not installed properly, Anyone had this problem or knows what it might mean?? Thanks Fiona ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

Problem with Code
When I go through step by step at the last }.. it will have an exception but I am not sure where I have gone wrong. Please HELP. thanks The exception is Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230 in Startup.exe: User breakpoint. And the function that I map through is the following: void CDialogDicom::DoPreviewImage(CDataVolume dv, int nSliceWidth, int nSliceHeight) { char * pSrc = dv.GetFilename(0); int nPixelSize = dv.GetPixelSize(); int nSliceSize = dv.GetSliceNum(); if(nPixelSize == 1 || nPixelSize == 2) { char *pImage = new char[nSliceSize]; if(nPixelSize == 1) memcpy(pImage, pSrc, nSlic...

MS "Home and Student" 2007 Office
I'm looking at buying a new laptop which will run Windows 7. It comes with MS "Home and Student" 2007 Office. I realize that this only includes Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and One Note. I can live with my older version of Access 2002 and do not use Outlook anyway. I've been to the MS website but did not find the answer to my question below. My question is that I read that some versions of the Office Suite are crippled in their components. But I no longer recall if this applied to the "Home and Student" versions or some of the trial versions, or somethin...

Please help me solve my problem
Hi, I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, and the same for the lowest number in cell a2. I would like these results to show up in the cells below them Im very new to programming and your help would be much appreciated many thanks Sacha David On Mar 5, 1:01=A0pm, Sacha David <sach1...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, =A0I Have a cell say a1 that has a continuously changing number it > in and I want to track the highest number that it prints, =A0and the > same for the lowest number i...

attachments xp 2002
I am running outlook xp with Windows XP at Home. I am unable to read attachments: when I double click on an attachment (except PDF attachments) I get the following message. The form required to view this form cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator. the error window has a light blue title bar entitled outlook and the error message is not the circled white x but is a yellow triangle with a warning like configuration with an exclamation point in the middle of it. I have been running windows xp for at least a year and have made no modification of the administrator user "stuff&q...

AnimateWindow function problem
hi I want to hide my application on certain conditions when the application is minimized. Till now i was using ShowWindow to achieve this and it worked fine. Now when I am using the AnimateWindow API the window gets hidden but the window's entry in the taskbar remains. I am posting the code that i have written. void CMainFrame::OnSysCommand(UINT nID, LPARAM lParam) { if ((nID & 0xFFF0) == SC_MINIMIZE) { if(bMinimizeToTray) { this->AnimateWindow(200,AW_HIDE |AW_SLIDE | AW_VER_POSITIVE); // this->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); return; } } CFrameWnd::O...

Sendmail problems
Ron, I hope your out there. I am using your sendmail in a huge spreadsheet as an order form. All data from option sheets that are ordered come to one main sheet. I want the user to send the main sheet and the option sheets for the models they order. Everything has been find through testing until today. The main sheet when sent out by itself is ok. But when it is sent along with the option sheets the vaules from formulas only in the center of the main sheet are all REF#. Why is this happeining? Barb Hi Barb Must see the workbook to see your problem Send me the workbook private ...

Outlook 2007 #5
Does anybody use AOL Accounts??? Are you having problems only SENDING mail from an AOL setup? Seems smtp part not sending, but the imap receives... Sent mail just sits in the outbox.. Does your ISP support connecting to an ISP off their network? My ISP blocks port 25 access off their network. "joey022461" <joey022461@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F5B1BF-F336-4AEE-980A-9BF2411ADDC3@microsoft.com... > Does anybody use AOL Accounts??? > > Are you having problems only SENDING mail from an AOL setup? > > Seems smtp part not sending, but t...

IP protocol problem
Hello all. I Need to set the TTL and the TOS values of an IP Packet. Please help me. regards. Ariel. "Ariel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087901c3986a$9c8ae710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all. > > I Need to set the TTL and the TOS values of an IP Packet. setsockopt with a level of IPPROTO_IP and a value of IP_TTL. A Winsock provider isn't required to support it, use getsockopt to get the option's setting to see if it's supported and it may not work with all socket types for all I know (I've only used it with raw soc...

unable to trash after updating
I've run the updates from 10.0 to 10.1.5 and I can't get rid the excel application v10.1.0 . If this file is in the trash while I'm emptying it, the computer freeze... I've tried to erase from the root access with the same result. If someone can help... Robert Pelletier ...

Data validation problem
Hail to you all.... First post here and hopefully the last... Second, sorry if i'm not on the right board... Third, sorry for my not perfect english.... Well enough "being sorry thing" here my problem... I'm currently validating a form in excell and some bug just got int the equation wich i cannot remove (solve).... I got a list of text value c4:c28 wich contain some number like "p-12" i got a cell g4 wich CANNOT take any of the value in c4:c28 here what i got thus far : =MAJUSCULE(G4)<>RECHERCHE(MAJUSCULE(G4);C4:C28;C4:C28) it in french so i will give y...

Out of office archive
Out of Office keeps an archive so that senders only receive an O-o-o message once. Where is this archive kept, and what is the extension? Outlook 2000 It's maintained on the Exchange server. You can't access this. To reset disable the OoOA and enable it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jan de Wit" <niets@niets.nl> wrote in message news:40cd586a$0$566$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Out of Office keeps an archive so that senders ...

Custom Entity problem 02-13-06
I had made a new custom entity called "Solution" this entity is relationed with Leads,Account, and Contact. The proble appear t when I convert a Lead ,who has one object "Solution" associated, into Contact or Account them the "Solution" not appear in the Contact or Account. I make relations with the new entity and Account and Contact but it doesn=B4t work. How can I do it? Thanks You probably need to do this via a callout. There is no way to "map" related records like this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "crmnovel" <lmalzueta@tele...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Encoding problem
Hi all, I'm using the XmlDocument class to create an XML document. I found out that in .NET there are special classes that they do that job a lot faster, namelly XmlTextWritter. My problem is that using the XmlTextWritter the encoding gets messed up. How do I set the XmlTextWritter's ecncoding to be the same as the one that the XmlDocument is using? I've tried this but doesn't work. System.IO.MemoryStream s = new System.IO.MemoryStream(); XmlTextWriter LWriter = new XmlTextWriter(s, Encoding.Unicode); Thanks in advance, Greg Your problem is not specific enough to provi...

Starting Outlook Using a different Identity
My wife and I both use Outlook to access our emails. We each have a separate account with our ISP. When Outlook is started up it defaults to the last user. Often times I am the last user and when my wife opens it opens with my identity. The problem with this is that I look at my emails from my ISP when I am in my office if my wife opens Outlook and I was last user then Outlook automatically downloads the emails and then I can't see them through the internet. SO! Is is possible to determine which identity is to be opened when starting up Outlook Adam I am unsure if this is w...