Out of Memory or System Resources.

For some reason I'm getting this error when I try to open
email in Outlook 2003 (or view just about ANY of the
settings). This ONLY happens when I connect to an
Exchange 2003 server, and NOT to a IMAP mail server. The
exact error is:

Out of Memory or System Resources. Try Closing Other
Programs to Free Up Memory or Other System Resources

When this happens I am using 224 MB with 512 physical,
and 886 max. So it's not a memory issue.

Anyone know what may be the problem? I'm able to send /
receive email via the exchange server, I just can't open
it!

I'm also using word 2003 as my email editor, and with it
off it didn't make a difference.
0
ambrice1 (4)

Static Library Containing Dialog and Resource
I have a static library that links with the static MFC lib. In this library I create a CDialog and display it. I'm using InitModalIndirect() to create the dialog from a resource template. The resource template is in a BYTE array within the library. Everything works great with the debug build. The dialog displays and handles messages, etc. But when the calling app that links in the static library (a straight Win32 app in this case) exits it gives an Access Violation. Well, this only happens in release build and not the debug build (of course, sigh). I double checked my run-time l...

Changing "Formats" on "System Settings" has no effect....
I'm having a really hard time changing the way that dates are displayed on forms. I've gone to "Administration", "System Settings" and "Formats" tab, and selected "English (United Kingdom)" According to this the Short Date should show as "05/02/2009". However, on all the forms that show dates this is "02/05/2009" Thoughts? Thanks Edward Hi, On top of what you've already done, you'll also have to do the following: Tools -> Options -> Formats Tab -> English (United Kingdom). Send a quick email to all ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

System Restore
I have had my desktop with windows vista home premium for about 2 years. Over that time I have used system restore 3 times to get my system working correctly after occasional issues. This has always worked with no problems. The other day I went do a system restore and to my amazement it was turned off. With it being off it lost all previous resore points. However, my system is booting up nicely and all my programsd and browsers seem fine. I wanted to turn restore back on so at least I could have a current point in time that things are working ok , in case of problems later ...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Resource availability conflict
Hi all, we are facing a big problem regarding "scheduling ignores resource calendars"...!!! When someone schedules a task to start on monday with a duration of 6 days (Mo-Sat) and work 48 hours, assigns a resource with standard work week Mo-Fr. a 8 hours, sets "scheduling ignores resource calendars" and uses a server calender with a 6 days week, the task and work package is scheduled as desired. Closing this project, opening a new project and taking a look at resource:usage view the usage is scheduled from Mo-Mo and not Mo- Sat!!! This also applies to PWA ava...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

System Administrator Cannot start Outlook
Trying to start Outlook as I want to syncronise my contacts with my new palm zire 72. Cannot start as I have not configureed it properly and I am not the system administrator. I am using Windows XP and I am the only user on the computer. What do I do to get it going? Please help Jason ...

CWinThread and Memory Leaks.
I want to have a simple progress bar displayed whilst my MFC application is doing a lengthy operation. To do this, I am creating a user interface thread which displays a dialog containing a progress bar control. This is implemented using two classes: class CProgressDlg : public CDialog class CProgressThread : public CWinThread The CProgressThread class has a member variable: CProgressDlg m_Dlg; At the start of the lengthy operation I create a new instance of CProgressThread, and set the m_bAutoDelete member TRUE before calling CProgressThread::CreateThread(); In CProgressThread::InitInst...

Resource kit for 2008
Hi, Is there a Resource Kit for Windows 2008? I run SBS 2008 and need to add a service. The only what I know how to do this is with SRVANY.exe. Is it fine to simply install the 2003 kit? TIA, Jarryd Hi Jarryd, I could only find this... srvany.exe does not exist on w2k8 R2: how do I configure a windows Service with sc.exe http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsserver2008r2general/thread/2339fb98-ab63-4d1d-913c-318b06e0a837/ Possible workaround... Application as a Service "srvany.exe" in Windows Server 2008 http://social.technet.m...

Getting system default font
Hi all, I am having trouble finding out how to get the default system font (i.e. the one set up in the appearance tab of display settings) so that i can use it when drawing on a device context. Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers for any help you can give me, Andy. >I am having trouble finding out how to get the default system font (i.e. the >one set up in the appearance tab of display settings) so that i can use it >when drawing on a device context. >Does anyone know how to do this? Andy, Have a look at the SystemParametersInfo API - SPI_GETNONCLIENTMETRICS. There are s...

Accessing physical memory through PC/104 bus
Hello all. We need to access (read/write) memory on devices (cards) attached to PC/104 bus. Operating system: Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Target processor: Advantech PCM-3375 (x86 architecture) http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3375/mod_1-2JKGWQ.aspx We were using operating system QNX 4.25 before, now we plan to migrate our code to WinCE6. Under QNX, we were accessing the memory using block of code similar to this one: { int addr =3D 0xd9080; // physical address on card unsigned long size =3D 0x1000; // size of block to access unsigned char...

Campaign eMail
Colleagues Having trouble with sending an eMail campaign - when I come to actually create the eMail, the From and To fields are disabled - only the CC & Bcc fields are available when I come to Distribute Campaign Activity. Marketing list has been defined for the campaign activity, by the way. So - in goes the subject and the body of the eMail and everything looks fine when I hit the distribute button. But... no eMails are created, and no failures are noted either. Shortly after going "In Progress" the status reason then shows "System Aborted" Help! Hany I ...

Memory leak?
Hello Group, How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my dialog based app? Thanks in advance, Geo Hi > > How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my > dialog based app? > > Thanks in advance, > Geo you can use CMemoryState MFC class. Regards, Robert Thank you Robert. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >> >> How can I be sure that I don't have memory leak in my >> dialog based app? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> Geo > >you can use CMemoryState MFC class. > >Regards, Robert > > >....

Internal/External Size Limits by System User
Hello I have rec'd an odd request from mgmt. They want to limit outgoing emails from certain users in the domain to 10kb externally only, while having no limits on internal sizes or internal and external limits on other users. I know this is confusing, this is how it would work. User A: External Limit 10mb (standard), Internal Limit none User B: External Limit 10kb (yes 10KB!), Internal Limit none. I can't for the life of me figure out a way to make this work.We are using Exchange 2003, and I've tried everything I can think of but there doesn't seem to be a way to limit ext...

Outlook 2000 memory error
Hi, When I deleted an item in Calendar, I got error message that "There is not enough memory available to perform the operation." I am using Outlook 2000. Thanks in advance. Grace ...

System Attendant won't start
I have an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 co-existing with Exchange 5.5 server. Running on Windows 2000 server in Mixed mode. I had trouble with our router and at the same time I started getting error 1005: MSExchangeSA Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c. I have all Exchange services using the Local System Account. I tried the local admin account and that did not work either. The services will time-out if I use the local admin account. I ran /forestprep and /domainprep prior to installing Exchange 2003. I ran dctest and all of the tests passed. So I am prett...

Edit story in MS Word
I am unable to use the "edit story in Word" feature with MS Pub '03. However, I *can* open MS Word while Pub is running and do copy/paste editing. I have tried disabling script blocking in NAV to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wayne Wilson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I have tried disabling script blocking in NAV to no avail. Have you disabled the Microsoft Office PlugIn in NAV? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading t...

Database in memory
Hi, I have a large amount of information which I store in memory. I store this information as array of structures using CPtrArray. The structure is pretty complex, has subarrays. I normally iterate through all of the array and do some checks and process the needed information only. Speed is the keypoint. My question is: Is it possible to create a small database having several tables completely in memory and query it with SQL? If it is possible to manage that, will it be faster than my method of query? Thanks! Have a look at http://sqlite.org/ I use it in a couple of the things I work on ...

Virtual Memory Fragmentation #3
I get this message in the Event Viewer: The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that normal operation may begin to fail. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. Can't resolve the problem with restarting the Exchange 2K services or rebooting the server. Is this a critical issue or can it be left alone? And how to fix? Hi Hassan, Exchange server requires some amount of virtual memory and one thing is for sure that Exchange is memory greedy application... every application requires some amou...