out of memory #2

When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the
message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME
WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only
program or window I have open (othen then antivirus
progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu
comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on
OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise.

Thanks - DJ
0
anonymous (74722)

Duration between 2 dates
Hi, I need some help on calculating number of days between two dates excluding weekends and holidays. Is there a function in sql that can do this? Like excel has NETWORKDAYS function. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! Kru (pkruti@hotmail.com) writes: > I need some help on calculating number of days between two dates > excluding weekends and holidays. Is there a function in sql that can > do this? How would SQL Server know when you have a holiday? The right approach is to have a calendar table. See here for a couple of good articles to study: http://ww...

Toolbar Buttons #2
Our IT recently installed XP on my machine (yes, still using 98!). When using Excel now, I can add buttons to the toolbar, but once I close Excel, I lose the one buttons that were added. This was not a problem when using 98. Is there a default Book1 page that XP is not letting Excel see? Or some other problem? Thanx! -- bmac Maybe you have a couple of *.xlb files fighting each other. I'd do this to see if it helps. Close excel windows start button|Find|*.xlb rename all the ones you find to *.xlbOLD Start excel make a change to a toolbar close excel windows start button|Find|*...

Outlook Installation #2
When trying to install outlook I get an error message telling me that I cannot install Outlook because I'm either using Windows in it's Safe Mode or my Windows Installer is not installed properly, Anyone had this problem or knows what it might mean?? Thanks Fiona ...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

IS this possible? #2
Hi there. I have the following in Excel: A B C D 1 hello 1 2 test 0 3 bye 1 4 hi 0 5 bybye 0 6 tjou 2 now on another place in this sheet i want to see all the words under each other where the B value is bigger the 0 so: E F G 1 hello 2 bye 3 tjou So i only want to show th'ose words that have a bigger value. and i don't want whitelines between the words like this ( =IF(B1>0,A1,"") ) E F G 1 hello 2 3 bye 4 5 6 tjou One non-array play .. Use an empty col to the right, say col H Put in...

Permissions #2
The client has a telemarketer working leads. When the telemarketer has secured a demo, he converts the lead. At that time, a workflow kicks in and assigns the newly created account, opportunity, and contact to a different owner. That part is working correctly. The problem is if the telemarketer goes to Account and changes the view to Active Accounts, or Open Opportunities, or Active Contacts, he can see the ones he created from the Convert Lead process (no other ones). The client does not want this to occur. The telemarketer should only see the records he is the owner of. Does a...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

Scanning opens tender window
Hi, Have you ever encoutered following issue. After upgrading system from version 1.3 to 2.0 there is one problem with some POSes. After scanning good it is not added to list in main window but program works like f12 was pressed and tender window appear. Could you please advice how i may solve this problem? Thank you in advance. Regards, Hi Adam, It is probably your ILC itself that is triggering the calling of the F12. Your scanner is probably set to carriage return, right? What is one of your actual ILC that prompts for the tender screen? -- Jocelyn &quo...

If & Then #2
This is a tought one.......... I'm trying to make an IF function but don't know if what I want is possible. In F33 I have 185,000.00 (this number changes every month) If the user puts the correct verification code in F35 then L35 will say "OK", If not, L35 will say "Wrong Code" The problem is, to get the verification code on 185,000,00 one would count the amount of digits in the number and then add the value of the digits. 185,000.00 is eight digits long, so the calculation would be: 8+1+8+5+0+0+0+0+0 = 22 So the verification code would be 22. Is there s...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

Outlook 2007 and Hotmail #2
Hotmail stopped working with my Outlook 2007 and could not get it back after deleting and resetting up the account several times and then I figured it out. hotmail changed September 1 and would no longer work unless you downloaded and installed the outlook connector which still didn't work. What I found you can't setup a hotmail account using the tools/menu/account settings anymore, you need to use outlook connector/add new account for it to work. Now all the folders are downloaded and I'm getting mail again. You can still use the conventional way via Account Settings as well. W...

Exchange Administrator #2
Hey, I just installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. But when i open up Exchange Adminstrator, I keep on getting this error message, how do i fix this problem? Error: Title: Microsoft Exchange Administrator Message: A Connection could not be made to the microsoft exchange server computer 'EXCH'. The Microsoft exchange server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem You use Exchange System Manager, and ADUC - not Exchange Administrator, to manage E2000/2003. Did you have a 5.x server before? erbeh wrote: > Hey, >...

Outlook searching #2
Is there a known issue that I'm not aware of? Why is the standard search utility in Outlook inconsistant? I run a search for all mail folders and it returns 3 entries. If I run an advanced search with the exact same criteria, I get 14 entries. Has anyone run across this before? (mail file is only 40MB) Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Yes - I too notice inconsistant searches. I gave up and started using the new plug in called LookOut - it's way faster and better and M$ bought them up. "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

Anyone developed an Excel sheet for Cost of Quality? #2

corrupted file #2
WOW: then it filed me in the mac XL newsgroup and I know I navigated to the Excel newsgroup. On 7/9/08 6:06 PM, in article 7CFB6174-7423-4166-AD7A-AE5DEA4BFA63@microsoft.com, "Albert Bricker" <AlbertBricker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just created my post with details and the site crashed so I am going to try > a Cliff Note Version. > > Client - Excel File (3+MB) - used successfully on SBS 2003 network on the > SharePoint Site with minor difficulties getting it to save properly. > > This months file, with only 50 records, is opening and imme...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

earn monry 100 dolor cilick mysite #2
earn monry 100 dolor cilick mysite free download song vidios ********************************** htpp;//beautifullykhan.blogspot.com ************************************* ...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Delete Blank Rows #2
Anyone have a macro or suggestion on how to delete all blank rows in an spreadsheet? When you sort, all the blanks will go to the bottom. Hi Bill, This is a very commonly asked question. You can find several solutions in the Google archives. http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel Here is one solution posted on Jan 1/2000. Regards, Kevin ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This deletes any row that has a blank cell in column A. This should work for you if that condition means the row is blank. Blank, of course, means the cell is empty. With a text file, there could be spaces in the c...

Public Contacts #2
I am new to exchange 2003, and the client has been using outlook, with a large contact list. We want to share that contact list with all employees. Ive used the pst merge utility to get the contacts into his exchange contacts folder, but i'm not sure this is the best way to go (just another click to manage on each user What is the best method to "share" external contacts (just regular smtp email) and have them available on or offline Also, if there is a way to import them into the "all address lists" folder that would be grea Thanks in advance You could create a publ...

Is this a memory leak?
Hi, I am trying to figure out why a program keep consuming more memory the longer that it runs. I tried detecting a memory leak using the CMemoryState object. I find that the program is using more memory after executing this line: PullComma(sData); The source for PullComma is: //======================================================================= void PullComma(CString& string) // Remove comma from start of string //======================================================================= { Strip(string); if (string.IsEmpty()) return; if (string.GetAt(0) == ',') string =...

CPU usage, memory and virtual memory
Hello, On certain occasions, some applications can consume close to 100% cpu usage and freeze up the machine. But some apps can consume 100% cpu, but allow you to work on other applciations. What is the difference? Is it the memory and virtual memory consumption? Number ofpage faults? I am working on a multithreaded MFC application, which freezes up the machine (when it does some computations). A look at the task manager tells me it consumes 99% cpu and a lot of memory and virtual memory space. I would like to make sure that when my applciation computes, it does it as fast as possible and it...

Breaking Links #2
Each month I have to break the links in about 40 workbooks, each with 10-15 worksheets in each. Currently, I open each workbook, group all the tabs and then Copy/Paste special values to break links. Is there an easier way to this - sort of like a batch??? Thanks, Tom Hi, To change the links in a book or break the links in a book: - manually: menu Edit > Links, there change the source book or break the links. - programmatically: To break all links for cells referencing to sourcebook.xls on C:\ ActiveWorkbook.BreakLink Name:= "C:\sorcebook.xls", Type:= xlExcel...

Number Conversion #2
I copied a table of number from the web into Excel but I can not do basic functions with the numbers. Is there some quick way to convert all of the numbers? Thank you in advance Richard David McRitchie has some code that will help clean this stuff up: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#trimall (look for "Sub Trimall()") Richard wrote: > > I copied a table of number from the web into Excel but I can not do basic > functions with the numbers. Is there some quick way to convert all of the > numbers? > > Thank you in advance > > Richard -- ...