Out of Main Office: Outlook vs Outlook Express

Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. Outlook Express or
Outlook? I'm using ISP pop and SMTP server while the HQ is using their
exchange server using leased line, public IP. What about all the features in
outlook compare to outlook express.

0
eahmad (2)

A lot depends on version of Outlook and Exchange and what your connection
is, other things to take into account is are you in a branch office or on
the road.
"tarmizi" <eahmad@time.net.my> wrote in message
> Which is better to use if we're out of our HQ office. Outlook Express or
> Outlook? I'm using ISP pop and SMTP server while the HQ is using their
> exchange server using leased line, public IP. What about all the features
in
> outlook compare to outlook express.

Profile Wizard in Outlook 2K Pro
Sincne MS stopped support for Save My Settings, I have trying to get up to speed with the MS Office Profile Wizard on a Win2K machine... Does anyone have any infor on the "tokens" referred to in the profile.ini file? Regards, Chuck Billow ...

Where is main?
Hello all, I have some legacy C++ applications that I am wrapping in a MFC type interface. I find myself in need of identify the main () routine. I have one application that has some variables that I need to make availabe as a GLOBAL variable. The technique I use is to have a header file that declares a candidate variable as such: (file Myheader.h) .... GLOBAL int foo; ..... In all of the files that go into the application, the macro GLOBAL is defined as follows: #define GLOBAL extern In the file that has the main routine, and only the main routine, GLOBAL is defined as follows: #d...

Outlook 2003 help please..
I have a Samsung i830 and had some phone numbers transferred from an older phone into it and sync-ed it to my computer with Active-Sync 3.7.1... It seems to have overridden all of my contacts stored in Outlook 2003 and replaced them with my phonebook contacts. Did I just loose over 2 years of email contacts or is there any way to retrieve them? Matt <mttmrrsn.nospamme@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a Samsung i830 and had some phone numbers transferred from an > older phone into it and sync-ed it to my computer with Active-Sync > 3.7.1... It seems to have overridden all of m...

Office 2004 won't install
I can't complete installation of Office 2004 on my Desktop PowerPC G4 = (OSX=20 10.3.3). Everything seems to go fine - putting in my user info, License = Key,=20 etc - until I try to open an application - Word, Excel etc. I get an = immediate=20 notice that something is wrong. I have sent a dozen of these notices off = to=20 Microsoft but haven't seen anyone else reporting such a problem. I then=20 installed=20 it fine on the kids' computer (Student version) so I know the install CD = wasn't bad. I combed my harddrive for lurking old test drive versions, = even=20 resorted to ...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

outlook 2007 #31
Hello, I used to use outlook 2003 for my IMAP type email account. recetly i have switched to outlook 2007. However the imap account does not work now. It says that it can not connect to the server. I installed the same account to windows mail in vista and it works there. I dont know what the problem is with outlook 2007. It is not a server problem because the imap email account works on windows mail. What may be the problem? Thanks ...

Recreating Unread Mail folder in Outlook 2003
Is there a way to recreate the Unread Mail folder in Outlook 2003, if it's been deleted previously? I attempted to recreate the folder by hand, which works, but it's functionality (i.e. all unread messages showing up in it) wasn't restored. Start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch. Outlook.exe /resetnavpane from the command line. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:OFv4fD5gDHA.884@TK2MS...

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Out of office #30
is there a way to setup on "out off office" msg for Outlook when not in Exchange? Thanks, Use Rules Wizard, leave Outlook open and your Internet connection live, or use the task scheduler. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Raul Rego asked: | is there a way to setup on "out off office" msg for Outlook when not | in Exchange? | | Thanks, Raul Rego <...

contact manager for outlook 2003 or contact manager for outlook
Does anyone have experience with it? Can it be used for sharing contact among say 5 users? is it easy to maintain shared contacts? can it easily convert existing contact folder? what about distribution list? Is updating exclusive to one user at a time? You mean Business Contact Manager? It is a single-user program.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "learner" <learner@nomail.nil> wrote in message = news:uHWRgZfQF...

Re: Quickbooks vs. CRM for invoicing
"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> wrote in message news:... > Is this different than 3.0 "rollup 1"? Never mind...! "Boolean1" <Boolean1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:UvedndOwQfNEQenYnZ2dnUVZ_tudnZ2d@comcast.com... > From the Rollup 1 KB article...Incompatibility with Windows Vista and 2007 > Microsoft Office programs: > Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 does not make the Microsoft > Dynamics CRM 3.0 client for Outlook compatible with Windows Vista or with > 2007 Office programs. - Steve Yates - ITS, ...

Outlook's Out of office assistant
When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, Internally I get response from Out of office, however no response to the outside world. Has anyone seen this yet? Ed "Ed Hiatt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1445201c444cd$6bb7d250$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, > > Internally I get response from Out of office, however no > response to the outside world. > > Has anyone seen this yet? > > Ed It's the default setting. Admins tend to be very reluctant to turn the inter...

Outlook contacts not visible.
Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) Corporate or Workgroup - Security Update I have a problem which seems to be quite common. I have read as many of the postings I can, but have not managed to find a solution. When I try to view the Contacts from the Address book (Show Names from the: [select outlook address book -> contacts>], there are no visible contacts, although there are 1028 in the contacts folder. I've made sure that the Contacts folder properties has "Show this folder as an email Address Book" checked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance, ...

Money 2000 customer list to Office Outlook
We would like to take our customer list from the Money 2000 program and export all information to Office Outlook 2003. Please inform us on how to do this. Thank you. Hunter ask in the forum...microsoft.public.money "bob" <hunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44cf01c42b8e$51929d90$a101280a@phx.gbl... > We would like to take our customer list from the Money > 2000 program and export all information to Office Outlook > 2003. Please inform us on how to do this. Thank you. > Hunter ...

Automating Outlook Setup
Does anyone have a preferred method for automating Outlook setup? I have users who will be logging into Citrix Servers for Outlook and it would be nice if this could be automated. Let me know what you think, thanks. Outlook ver will be 2k3 Use PRF to set up the profiles. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUB...

GoodNews! Outlook 2003 significantly improves managing junk mail!
Good News for a change! Outlook 2003 significantly improves managing junk mail! Thank you. ...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

Importing address book from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook
At 81 years of age and mere novice in this technology I need help to be able to transfer all my email contacts address files in Outlook Express on my main PC, (Windows XP), to the Microsoft Outlook Mail program on another PC (a Samsung lap top I have just purchased) using Vista Home Premium. -- gordo You have to move your msg store & address book from the old PC to the new PC, then make it available in Express, or Mail, before you can then export msgs from Express/Mail to Outlook. Then in Outlook you import the address book. http://www.insideoe.com/ should give some hints on transf...

Retreive Backup from main server
I am at a store where my computer crashed and I am afraid that my database back up file may have been corrupted. Every evening we "dump" into our main server as well as backing up locally. Does anyone know of a way that we can retreive the latest back up that we made into our main server, since the local backup is not working properly? ...

Receive only in Outlook 2000?
Is there some way to do receive only in outlook 2000? I can do send only, send/receive, but not receive only, as far as I can tell. Tom <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there some way to do receive only in outlook 2000? I > can do send only, send/receive, but not receive only, as > far as I can tell. One thing you can do is change your account properties so that it only receives and then Send/Receive will only receive, since you've disabled send. -- Brian Tillman ...

Office 2007 installation error.
I have been unsuccessfully trying to install Office 2007 Pro Plus to a test machine now for several days using SCE 2007. I have looked through all the threads to see if there is something that I am doing wrong but can't seem to come across the resolution. Here is the setup: I am able to successfully package and assign the package to a group, but when it goes to install on the target machine, it fails almost instantly. The system event log on the target machine has the following info: •Source: Windows Update Agent •Category: Installation •Event ID: 20 •Type: Error ...

Outlook 2003 & syncr.
Hi Whenever I start Outlook its working to syncronize OffLine Folders. I don�t have any so I deactivated the function. Now there�s probs. with Send/Receive. Maybe I shall keep that function activated? pre ...

Outlook Delegates
Is there a way to determine what delegates and permissions have been set for each mailbox in an organization, without going and touching each workstation's to pull up Outlook and see? We had an executive that left his inbox open to the world. I know this is a training issue, but I was just wondering if there was a way to get a report of all delegates/permissions on mailboxes... Thanks in advance for the answer... -- Larry On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:29:02 -0700, Larry <lcolbert@esd.wa.gov.(do not spam)> wrote: >Is there a way to determine what delegates and permissions ha...

Change Calendar Week Number in Outlook 2007
How can I change the week number in Outlook 2007? Currently it shows this as week six (February 1st, 2010) but it is actually week five. Thanks. Tools, options, calendar options. Change the first week of the year. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of...