Ourlook....Operation Failed

Outlook 2000. Operating system windows 2000. For some
reason I am not able to start my outlook anymore. When I
try to open it I get an error: Operation Failed. How do I
fix it?
Scott
0
scott1934 (1)

Patching a 10 store operation incl. HQ
With SP2 out, does anyone have and suggestions, best practices for applying the patch across the enterprise? Should we patch HQ first? Can we patch one store a day with out fear of interupting any service? This is our first wide scale patching on a stable (knock on wood) implementation and we dont want to blow to hard on this house of cards. Thanks in advance. Doug Check your current Build number. In SO Manager - Help/About. On the Customer Source page where you can download SP2 there is a link that says "RMS Problem Reports" Note that you are going to be applying ALL of the ...

Ourlook....Operation Failed
Outlook 2000. Operating system windows 2000. For some reason I am not able to start my outlook anymore. When I try to open it I get an error: Operation Failed. How do I fix it? Scott ...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

Money 2004 illegal operation error
Hi, Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program. Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right back and I have to reboot to get rid of it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0. T...

questionable operation
I have a user with an installation of Windows 2000, Office 2000 with all the latest service packs. Opening Excel first and then opening a .XLS file works as designed. Opening anything else, either from a shortcut or the actual file ends up with not only that file open but a 'Book1' file open as well. Also being opened this way if any change is made to the original file and an attempt to Exit (not just close the file) is made...it asks the usual "Do you want to save changes" message...but then it does not close the file. Both 'Book1' and the original file remain open. ...

Snap-in Failed to load
New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment manager, CRM security is running i have restarted the service i have even rebooted the server. But i still keep getting the snap-in error now. All of the services are running that should be.... any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! I figured it out, I stupidly disabled the admin acct. within the CRM >-----Original Message----- >New install of CRM 1.2 on a 2003 server, everything wored >great then all of a sudden i could not open the deployment >mana...

Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
The Dexterity® Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer. Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and run disc again ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

cannot complete operation
Hi! am trying to change text in a navigation bar, smart object. For no apparent reason it says "Publisher cannot complete this operation." What is that all about? and Thanks so much. Lindy what version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? We are not mind readers!!! -- ...

C++/C# interop causes OleInitialize (STA) to fail?
Is there something about C++ / C# interop that initializes the threading model to MTA so that OleInitialize will fail? I have a mostly C++ app that calls a single C# class DLL. Only one source file in the C++ app is compiled as managed (with /clr) – the single file in which only one of the many functions creates a class object from the C# DLL and invokes its methods (to decode an XML file the easy way). During normal execution my code eventually creates an instance of an MSFlexGrid ocx object (a grid control with column and row headers), which in turn calls AfxOleInit and therefore Ole...

How do I perform operations within a funtion that operates on colu
I am trying to calculate the % of people under a certain age. In the COUNTIF() funtion, how do I calculate the age and then compare it to the chosen value? e.x. =COUNTIF(A1:A3,(calculate age) <=60) 7/14/1932 4/28/1951 11/11/1939 COUNTIF has its limits. Here are 2 ways: =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1:A3)<=60)) =SUMPRODUCT(--(DATEDIF(A1:A3,TODAY(),"y")<=60)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to calculate the % of people under a certain age. In the >COUNTIF() funtion, how do I calculate the age and then compare it to th...

OL07, activities page, journal view failing to display
let me give example of this recent behavior: start outlook> go to individual contact page> click on activities> show "journal"> journal shows all 'phone calls'. close contact> reopen contact> go through the same routine>this time nothing shows in journal screen. if i wait about 10 minutes the journal entries may show again. if search on "all items" it may show only email and calendar items, but not the phone calls that should show up in the 'journal' view. i have tried closing and restarting outlook. i don't recall changing an...

Change How Tab Operates
Somehow, I've changed how my Tab Operates in Excel. How can I change back to when I hit Tab, it simply moves over one column? In xl2003 menus: Tools|options|transition tab Uncheck all those Lotus 123 settings. RH wrote: > > Somehow, I've changed how my Tab Operates in Excel. How can I change back to > when I hit Tab, it simply moves over one column? -- Dave Peterson In Options uncheck "Transition Navigation Keys" I would also uncheck any other option in the same category. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:16:02 -080...

Outlook 2000 error The Operation Failed
Immediately proceeding this error I had uninstalled a trial version of MS Office 2003 (that was bundled but never used on this XP laptop) because it was preventing me from installing my standalone version of Powerpoint 2003 Immediately after this, the error started to pop up in OL2000. When I open Outlook the operation failed button pops up and I have to close out of the application. I tried to run outlook.exe /safe but it can't find outlook.exe Any help appreciated Use the browse button to find the Outlook executable. Are there any other error messages/numbers? Is there anything r...

Prevent ShowAllData Method from failing
Hi, I have an Excel 2007 worksheet that has autofilters and macros assigned to option buttons in a Group Box that carry out some of the filtering. One button is the ShowAllData button that removes the filter. If the ShowAllData button is selected and then selected again (before any other button in the group is selected) I get a Run Time Error that the ShowAllData method of worksheet class failed. How do I prevent this error? I'm very new to VB. The code below is what I'm having trouble with. Thanks, Jim Sub UnhideBlanks() ' ' UnhideBlanks Macro ' ...

Perform special upgrade failed on one company
Just installed sp5 for GP 8.0 and the Dynamics and all company databases except one upgraded fine. I followed a TK and manually ran all *.cmp scripts from the tasks folder in Query Analyzer without errors. The company still has a red X next to it and users (including 'sa') are experiencing posting errors. When I try to upgrade that company again, I just get an message that an "error occurred upgrading <company name>" What should I try next? ...

Save operation on table MOP_Item_MSTR has reached the end of the t
I am getting the above message when trying to rebuild the picklist or reschedule a manufacturing order, from the Manufacturing order entry window. Dynamics GP V10. I cant find anything in Customersource on this error. Can anyone let me know what the issue is? The message seems to then repeat for every component on the picklist, so it can be anywhere from 10 to 80 times that we have to click OK... Any suggestion on how to correct this? -- Doug ...

Ourlook sending error 0X80070057 invalid parameter
Got an Error message: "sending reported error 0X80070057. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are invalid." Background: A month ago I transferred my contact list from work computer (XP and Office 2003) to new home computer (Win 7 and Office 2007). I get email through gmail. Worked fine for a month. Today, I typed in a new email address into the address field of an email, and got this error when sending. Office is no longer able to do any send/receive operation and reports this error each time. Any ideas? -- Frank ...

Costumize date condition operators in a filter
I am creating a view "Anniversary next month" that should return all contacts that in the field Anniversary, the month is the next month (December). e.g. (dd/mm/aaaa) "01/12/1987", "31/12/1969" and "10/12/2000" are values that fit the condition. If there is a way to costumize the date operator in a filter, maybe we can add an opperator like "Same as Next Month" that returns all records whose month is the same as the next month. e.g. if next month = December this dates will be returned: dd-mm-aaaa 15-12-1987, 31-12-1976, 01-12-2004. Do...

OpenService Fails, but GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS
I'm trying to stop a service, if the service exists. Everything works fine if the service is there, but if it does not exist I'm getting inconsistent results. OpenService returns a zero handle, naturally. On some computers (but not all) GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS instead of ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST. Why would I be getting this combination of returns? To determine what the cause might be, it is important to know what "some computers" are. For each one that fails and each one that succeeds, it is important to know OS version Service Pack Installed Hot Fixes in...

can you archive just the calendar in Ourlook 2007?
Hi. I have archived files by the year, but wonder if I can also do a separate archive of the calendar only, Yes, you can do one time archives - look on the File menu for Archive command. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?...

Install Failed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to re-install Office due to total failure of office, not one office application would start. i removed office using the remove office application, deleted any reference to ms on the computer and emptied the trash. i rebooted and started the install. i get as far as The following install step failed: run preflight script for Quit Microsoft Applications. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. cannot install office. Please advise. ...

Update to 1221 fails to recognize 1220 immediately after 1220 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've updated to 1220 then tried updating to 1221. The 1221 update does not find? the just updated to 1220 files and fails, citing cannot find office files. This is pure silliness. If one update can find the files the next should also. MS, please fix your installer! R I am experiencing the same problem. Give us some feedback Microsoft I've found something similar. I did the 12.2.0 update this morning -- worked fine. Then the Autoupdater said that 12.2.1 as available. It downloaded fine, but wouldn't accept ...

popup appears everytime i start ourlook (no disk in drive)
When I start Outlook, a popup appears that says there is no disk in drive. It appears three times after i delete it. I would think that maybe it thinks you have a PST set up for drive x (x being the drive it is trying to access) Look in CONTROL PANEL-> Mail Setup -> Outlook Datafiles. do any of these entries referance to a drive that is not available(your floppy/REMOVABLE/ a drive that has been removed, or drive letter changed) when you start Outlook? HTH Mc "murlaw" <murlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10D19B35-56FE-4E87-8305-D0C5CAFFD00C@m...

Bad Datatype detected for operation
Hi, I'm reading an Excel file. I read each row and need to stop reading when the last row have empty cell. It works fine on all rows except when reading the last row: Unhandled script exception: Bad Datatype detected for operation EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_BAD_TYPE SCRIPT_CMD_CONVERT I think this is a datatype cast problem, but don't know how to fix it. repeat increment iRow; rCr=rWs.Range["A"+str(iRow)]; sItemNumber=rCr.Value; {-> hear is the problem with the last row} until empty(sItemNumber); Thanks in advanced. Takashi ...

Operation Failed Need Help
Using Outlook XP keep getting error message operation failed when I hit send/receive it switched me to outlook connector setup system still failed when I tried to send/receive should I delete and reinstall entire office xp s.brown <s_Brown@comcast.net> wrote: > Using Outlook XP keep getting error message operation failed when I > hit send/receive it switched me to outlook connector setup system > still failed when I tried to send/receive should I delete and > reinstall entire office xp What type of account? WHat is the exact text of the error message? What, if anyt...