Oulook shortcut on 2003 terminal server

When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows 2003
Terminal Server.
By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
properties screen to create outlook profiles.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0
bob (43)

Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote:

> When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows
> 2003 Terminal Server.
> By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
> I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
> I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
> properties screen to create outlook profiles.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Outlook 2003 eliminates the desktop shortcut.  Why not create a desktop
shortcut to the Control Panel Mail applet?
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/28/2004 4:02:42 PM
Here are the instructions to manually recreate the Outlook desktop
namespace:

238567 XCLN: How to Restore the Outlook Icon to the Desktop
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238567

--
Hope that helps!!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Chris Lineback,  MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support

- Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
-This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Brian Tillman" <tillmabg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>
> > When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows
> > 2003 Terminal Server.
> > By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
> > I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
> > I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
> > properties screen to create outlook profiles.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Outlook 2003 eliminates the desktop shortcut.  Why not create a desktop
> shortcut to the Control Panel Mail applet?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
ChrisLin (84)

word 2003 as email editor in outlook 2003
Hello I have word 2003 sp2, outlook 2003 sp2 and xp sp2 home edition. When I reply to an e-mail I'd like to use word 2003 as e-mail editor. So I checked "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages." in Tools > Options > Mail Format. But on clicking Reply button on the Standard toolbar I get the follwing message "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correc...

Outlook 2003, Word 2007 email editor
Is it possible to use Word 2007 and the email editor in Outlook 2003? I don't think it is, however there may be a download that someone knows about. Thanls, Steve no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging ...

Oulook
Outlook express users do not receive attachments sent via outlook 97. If the same message is sent to an outlook user the attachment is fine. Any ideas? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format (in your case it will have to be plain text since Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML) when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Outlook 2003 cache mode
We have a very odd issue that has been getting more prevelant and affecting more and more people as time passes. Here are the facts: We are running a single Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise version SP2 (all patched up), we have several stores, clients are on Outlook 2003 SP2 (all patched up) in cache mode. Several people have been complaing that their mail is being delayed (even when sending from internal to ineternal). I have been able to track a lot of facts down and have come up with a specific issue ... Randomly a user sends an email from their desktop and it dissapears untill th...

removing a mouse shortcut?
Usually, I double-click inside a cell to edit its contents. Sometimes, I accidentally double-click the edge of the cell - and the program jumps me to the end of the column. Is there a way to turn this off? -Thanks hi, to turn this feature off goto tools>options>edit tag. uncheck Edit directily in cell you will now have to do all edits in the formula bar. if you don't have a formula bar goto View>formula bar. regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >Usually, I double-click inside a cell to edit its contents. Sometimes, I >accidentally double-click the edge of the c...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

Exchange 2003 additional server
I have installed additional Exchange Server 2003 (in the same organization tree, bat in new Administravie Group). For example: old server name is "Old", new: "New" :) When I open "Exchange System Manager" on "Old" server and try to expand "New server - Administrative group" -> and so on.. and finaly "First Storage Group" i get the following error: http://www.pgi.gov.pl/errors/c1041721.JPG and I cannot open it :( of course. On "New" server everything is OK. I can expand both Administrative Group. Servers link VP...

Oulook...
capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to prevent this??? Tnx Ted This happens when you hit the return key to start a new line? "Ted" <vitanov@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:2qjol.9817$FI5.7387@newsfe07.iad... > capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to > prevent this??? > > > Tnx Ted turn off the spell check options in tools, options, spelling. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Upgrading Exchange 2003 solution?
All, I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my current Exchange 2003 server to a better more robust server. There are two solutions I'm thinking about. Either rebuilding the current server from scratch and restore the datastore from backup or buying a totally new server, build Exchange on it and move the mailbox from the old server to the new server? What would be a better solution? or if there is another solution that I missed? Thanks for any reply! I would suggest install Exchange 2003 server on new box and move the data (mailboxes and public folders) to it. If your not conc...

CRM 3.0 and SQL server/Exchange server
Hello, These are installation information for CRM 3.0 with SQL 2005 SP1, Exchnage 6.5 and each are installaed on the 3 diffent Win Serv 2003 servers. 1: CRM server: TechCOMCRM Organization Name: TechCOM Installation directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Website: Creat new website Server bindings: :5555: Home directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb 2: SQL Server: TechCOMSQL Creat new databases Connect to existing Reporting Services Server http://TechCOMSQL/reportserver Orginazation Unit OU=CRM groups,OU=Groups TechCOM,DC=TechCOM,DC=local Security Account Network service account ...

Incoming server changes to localhost
My incoming mail server address automatically changes to "localhost" every time I shut down Outlook. Although the correct domain is appended to the login name, I must replace localhost with the correct domain name to successfully receive e-mail. Thank you for any help you can give. You have a 3rd party tool (antivirus, antispam, .etc) installed that protects your POP3 account. You would need to disable that feature in order to get the settings to stick. /neo ps - localhost is another name for your pc. "No Spam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How do I assign a shortcut key to an often-used word or symbol?
I often type the same words and symbols in Word documents. How can I assign a shortcut key to them? I use Office 2007. In the late 1990's, I seem to recall assigning Function keys to the symbol "US$" which I used a lot at the time. Frankly for three characters such as US$ a shortcut seems a waste of effort and something else to learn, but for longer phrases you should investigate autocorrect. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www...

Creeping Oulook connectivity problems
Hey folks, Looking for help/ideas here. Smallish office, 25 users or so. Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 (we can't/won't deal with AD) on good hardware--dual 2 Ghz Xeon Dell with 4 GB of RAM, mirrored RAID for the OS RAID 5 for the mail store. We spam filter on our mail relay (in our DMZ) using spamassassin and a few other tools and use Trend Scanmail on the Exchange server to scan for viruses. Clients are all XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002, firewall off (we have a Cisco PIX that we know better than some relatives), and our network is remarkably high performing and clean. Management is very goo...

Send receive Outlook 2003
Out Outlook will not "automatically" send and recieve unless forced too (Cntrl-M). Have double checked all settings, coped the "send/rec." as per the online help instructions, all the boxes are checked, etc. Have even re-installed. but to no avail OE does this without any problem, but not outlook, (yes Outlook is the default mail client). Any suggestions would be welcome. Axel. When you "double checked all your settings" what did you see? Hw can we tell what you set incorrectly? What is your automatic polling interval? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook...

How to correctly uninstall SQL Analysis service form SQL Server 2008 cluster?
Hello, I need to reinstall SQL Analysis Service. How to correctly uninstall SQL Analysis service form SQL Server 2008 cluster? Mindaugas OK. I'm allready uninstall it. But no cannot install it. Ho to do that? "Mindaugas" <mindaugas@epoint.lt> wrote in message news:OsUh9x$9KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I need to reinstall SQL Analysis Service. > How to correctly uninstall SQL Analysis service form SQL Server 2008 > cluster? > > Mindaugas It cannot be installed with the same instance/service name. I installed with ...

2003
A custom form has been assigned to a folder, and it works. But, when you try to use the Find feature with that folder, an older form ( not assigned ) is suddenly used. Any ideas on how to resolve would be much appreciated. ...

Mailbox Manager Settings
In Recipient Policies - Mailbox Manager Settings I have chosen delete immediately for Deleted Items and Sent Items over 60 days old an any size. I get the following message after processing. Why does it say "WOULD be moved or deleted" The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-03-25 23:57:46 Stopped at: 2006-03-25 23:58:03 Mailboxes processed: 151 Messages that would be moved or deleted: 15 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 44.94 MB Its running in report mode.... "TLMPLHou66" <tmarshall@placor...

XML not opening in Word 2003 when requested from IE 6
I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a processing instruction in it for Word.Document). When this file is requested from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003 and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to. However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document. Checked all the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the others for the "open" and "edit" ent...

Downloading messages from server
I recently created two Windows Users. Since about that time, I find that each time I log on and do Send/Receive (Outlook 2000, Leave Messages on Server), the messages download again. I have disabled Leave Messages on Server, but would like to use it now and then, and this is frustrating. Can't figure out what I have dinged up. ...

Outlook 2003 #92
How can I import messages from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003 when Express is running on a different PC on the same network? Tony Harris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I import messages from Outlook Express 6 into > Outlook 2003 when Express is running on a different PC on > the same network? Copy all the .DBX files from the PC running Outlook Express to the computer running Outlook. Import them into Outlook Express on that machine and then export them to Outlook. See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aer...

Reminder Window 2003
Does anyone know if it is possible to "Turn Off" the Reminder Window at startup. It's really causing a problem with ActiveSync 4.1 It causes ActiveSync to be real slow while the reminder window feature runs at startup. I really hate this window also because every time I start the program to write down a quick note, the program locks up for about 1 minute while the reminder window collects its information. I'm using Internet mail only mode & Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated. TIA. -- Dana Win XP & Office 2003 Are you talking about the Outlook Tod...

Calandar Synchronization with exchange server in Outlook 2007
When I create appointments in my local calandar stored in the .pst file the appointments are not synchronized with the exchange server. If I receive an ivite from a collegue then this appointment does show up on the exchange server and local calandar folder. I would like that my local calandar is always synchronized with the exchange server. Can anyone tell me what setting I need to change. You need to set the exchange mailbox as default and use rules to move mail to the pst. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

Configure a shortcut file programmatically?
Under program control, I want to change the paths to point to a database on the user's local drive. From within Access, does anybody know how to do this? Are you saying you want to create a shortcut file? Take a look at my May, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@yahoo.com> wro...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

Office 2003 how to load Publisher?
I downloaded Word and Excel from the Office 2003 Student and teacher Edition CD and did not download Publisher. I now wish to do so but when I choose add a programme Publisher is not listed. How do I download Publisher? Blair Publisher is not included in your version of Office. Sorry about that. You will have to purchase Publisher as a standalone. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Blair" <darrach@coille.com> wrote in message news:OlNW2WyAGHA.3352@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I downloaded Word and Excel ...