Oulook, Expand/Collapse How to setup from Expand all the time.

It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact.
Need help on this on.
Ernie
0
Ernie (12)

You can set that in the view settings. While in the view in question go to
the View menu > Current View > Customize Current View > Group By dialog and
set the expand/collapse setting at the bottom

"Ernie" <Ernie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It drive me nut to reset this each time I need to look at my contact.
> Need help on this on.
> Ernie

0
vince8328 (2733)

CTreeCtrl Expand
How do you get the expand control of a branch item in the tree to be displayed even if the branch has no leaves? I need this so an empty branch is not confused with a leaf by the user. Thanks, Neil I do this by putting one blank entry (child) under it. Then when someone clicks on it you can just contract it again so it never shows, or you can fill it in with the actual items as it gets expanded. This is a good trick to show only the top level items and then fill in child items as the tree is expanded. You would need to delete the blank entry as you add the real items when the nod...

Encounters error and closes EVERY time
I am running XP Media Center and lately EVERY time I try to launch Live Messenger it signs in, then crashes and says it has encountered an error and needs to close. I've deleted it and reinstalled and repaired the install. I've tried signing in under different IDs, but nothing works. Help! This is the info in the error screen: AppName: wlcomm.exe AppVer: 14.0.8117.416 ModName: dsoqq1.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00075193 John Sciacca First think I'd check is to make sure the date and time on your computer and your router are correct. If they aren't it can cau...

Screen contact position and time
Hello, I'm currently working with a touch screen. I need get every screen contact position and time, and then write these data into a file or database. So far, I have managed to out put the contact position and time onto the screen. Now, could any body tell me how to write these data into a file or database? Thanks in advance. Best wishes, Daniel Hi, You can take a look at CFile. You can use this class to create and write to a file. Hope this helps Chris Taylor "Daniel Liu" <danielliuhh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08d601c36d84$0e4c54e0$a001280a@phx.g...

Page Setup #4
I set up a document for dimensions to be 8x11, save it and close it. The next day I open that same document and find that it has gone back to the default settings of 8.5x11? Would anyone know how I can avoid this risky behavior? -- Chips and Charlie Is your stock actually 8 inches? If it is you must setup your printer for 8 X 11 as well as your page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chips and Charlie" <ChipsandCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E619DDBA-9FF3-4E26-8D3...

Complicated Exchange setup
Hi all. I'm pretty new to administrating exchange server (have 2003 standard edition running). I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if the whole setup for mobile access seems kind of overly complicated. First, in order to setup RPC over HTTP, I have to follow KB 833401 (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833401). This enables SSL according to their guidlines. However, to have exchange activesync work with SSL connections, you have to follow KB 817379 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379). These functions are touted as strengths to exchange. How come they aren'...

Timing of Physical Inventory
We think we've run into a problem with the way we've been taking inventory. Basically we go into a store, open a new physical count in SOM then use our hand helds to collect the data. Once we upload the data to SOM we then run a sales report and recount all the items that sold during the day and correct them in our physical count file and then we commit the quantities to the database. But we've recently noticed that maybe RMS is taking a snapshot of inventory as of the time that we open the physical inventory in SOM. If this is the case we either need to be very aware of ...

CHtmlView and Printer Setup
Hi Everyone, Here is another funnky problem with CHtmlView (hopefully this one has a solution) I have a MDI application that has CHtmlViews, by default the Print Setup menu item was routed to CWinApp::OnFilePrintSetup. But no matter how many times I changed the orientation to Landscape in there it would not print it that way. (it would if I changed it thought the print dialog's printer setup) So I switched to void LSReportView::OnPrintSetup() { if (m_pBrowserApp != NULL) { CComPtr<IDispatch> spDisp = GetHtmlDocument(); if (spDisp != NULL) { CComQIP...

Interest-Only mortgage setup
How do I setup a mortgage account in Money where only the Interest and Escrow is paid out monthly, nothing goes towards the principal. Money has the P&I joined together without a way to separate the two. It will always calculate as though the principal is getting a portion of the payment. I have Money '03 Deluxe. If it can't be done in '03 is it possible to setup these types of loans in '06? This can be setup in M03. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=160. "ltrox43" <ltrox43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD182779-61F3-4A56-97...

Oulook
Outlook express users do not receive attachments sent via outlook 97. If the same message is sent to an outlook user the attachment is fine. Any ideas? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format (in your case it will have to be plain text since Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML) when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

How to change text size in multiple, unlinked, text boxes at the same time?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm working on a number of figures that need various labels. When I change the size of the figures, if I need to, I want to be able to select all the text boxes to change the text size. Right now I have to do it one box at a time. I don't want to link the text boxes, that turns everything into a mess. Thanks. What Style are you using to format the text in the text boxes? If you change the font size in the style definition, all text formatted with that style will change. So pick a style you can use just for te...

ODBC Setup on client side w/multiple instances of SQL
We will soon be running two apps, including GP, that utilize SQL DBs on the same server. Rest assured, GP plays a small role transactionally, and multiple instances of SQL Server 2000 were installed. During the installation, Port 1430 was specified for the GP instance. During ODBC setup, in the client configuration, should I specify the port number in the connection parameters or leave the default "Dynamically determine port?" Thanks. You can have it dynamically determine the port, however, I don't believe anything LOWER than 1433 will work for Great Plains - at least ...

Online Service Setup
I keep getting this error message and can't seem to solve it. I'm on line...what am I missing? "To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared. " Thanks! Tom I found the answer under a similar question in this newsgroup. I had the same problem. What happened is, when you were using Money 2004, you opened it without using the Passport services. Then you exited. (That's how I always worked in Money 2004.) Then when you installed Money 2005, it converted yo...

Oulook...
capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to prevent this??? Tnx Ted This happens when you hit the return key to start a new line? "Ted" <vitanov@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:2qjol.9817$FI5.7387@newsfe07.iad... > capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to > prevent this??? > > > Tnx Ted turn off the spell check options in tools, options, spelling. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Cell formats, and time difference
Hi, some simple questions which I hope someone can help with... I am using excel on a computer with "danish locale". This means that numbers are displayed default like 1234,56. How do I change this to a format using a decimal point (instead of a comma)? How do I find the difference between to times? I have cells which just have times (not dates), and I want to find the difference between two times in hours. For example cells with 08:00 and 09:30 should give a difference of 1.5 Excel help gives an example like =TEXT(B2-A2,"h"), but this gives an error... Thanks, Pet...

task updateing through time sheet, but it is not reflecting
task areupdating on there task through time sheet, project manager is accepting the task, But the same after accepting is not reflecting in the project. sharul -- You need to give us more information, my friend. What version of Project Server are you using? 2003 or 2007? And please be more specific about WHERE the team members are updating tasks. On the My Timesheet page or the My Tasks page (if you are using Project Server 2007)? Let us know and we will try to help. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.co...

Format cells for date or time without having to enter the / or :
I am trying to find out how to enter date and enter time without entering the / and the : each time; i.e. 12312007 and have it appear as 12/31/2007 or 831 and have it appear as 8:31. I used to know how to do this but have forgotten...duh! Cannot be done without VBA See Chip Pearson's site for quickentry code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:40:02 -0700, Darcyyc <Darcyyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find out how to enter date and enter time without entering the >/ and the : each time...

I have a hell of a time w/email! Will Outlook 2002 solve my problems? [long]
I've been backing up OE emails for the better part of five years. Problem is, I save them to different folders, and or physical locations, [fearing the loss of data on one medium or another]. Obviously then, in order to restore them in completeness, [whenever I might have re-formatted and re-installed Windows 98], I end up importing several duplicate messages. The ONLY way that I've found to get rid of duplicates, triplicates, etc., [while still restoring completeness], is to manually delete them, which is a very, very exacerbating chore when emails number in the thousands. At some p...

Subtracting Time in Excel
My employer does payroll manually. They look at timecard timestamps and then calculate how many hours I worked. Then they forward that data to the company that prints the paychecks. My employer is often wrong on calculations. I am trying to do a worksheet where I enter my start/stop times and get the correct results to check against employer's calcs. Doing an AM to PM shift is no problem, calculations are correct. However when I try to get hours worked from a Start PM to Stop AM ( let's say 11:09 PM - 7:53 AM) shift all I can get is #######. Does anyone have a tip on how to do ...

How do I expand inbox size in Outlook
I now have a total outlook size of no more than 2.0 GB. I am n where near the 20 gb size for Outlook 2007 professional. I have a 500 GB hard drive that is only 40% full on my laptop. I use Windows 7 Ultimate. Total = 1474364 KB is size of folder screen Can you help? Thank you. What type of account, Exhange? Did you upgrade from an earlier version of Outlook? "robert morrison" <robertmorrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:479F5BA9-8459-4628-98DA-E7DC1EFFAEEC@microsoft.com... >I now have a total outlook size of no more than 2.0 GB. I am n...

Print setup, how to....
I'm not sure what this would be called and can't find out how to... I often print things with a .4 margin all sides and use draft... setting it up in print set up each time is a waste of time is there a way to set something up with those settings and use that each time? is that a template? Yes, that's a template. Create a new template (a .dot(m) file) (how to do it depends on your version of Word), format the margins etc. as you want them, and save it. On Mar 8, 12:18=A0pm, Wednesday <Wednes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure what thi...

Run Time error 2683
Hi, I posted in the "new users" section, but still am stuck and hoping for help. The person in our agency who created this DB has left the company, and we are getting the "Run Time error 2683: No object in this control". Googling this mentions registering the mscomct2.ocx file, which I have done to no effect. When the error comes up and I click "debug", I get the Visual Basic editor up on this information: Private Sub CommtExpireDateZ_LostFocus() If Me!CommtExpireDateZ <= Now() Then Me![CommtLabel] = "Commitment has EXPIRED!"...

OWA setup #2
I am new to exchange, and I have sbs server 2003 setup on a single server and it running OK. I would like to setup up OWA. What is the best course of action I should take? What KB articles are recommend? Thanks AMD MCSE, CCNA I suggest you post this to an SBS newsgroup as this product has Exchange packaged somewhat differently. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "AMD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411c01c42b26$3eb18730$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am new to exchange, and I have sbs server 2...

one more time index/match
I know I asked this same type of question yesterday but for some reason I cannont get it to work. Here is my problem: B2 � has a list to choose from either 5kv, 15kv, 25kv, � B3 � has a list also to choose from 8, 10, 12, 500 B4 � here is my problem: I need B4 to look up B2 and match the size to sheet2 column B Then take the value in B3 match it with the value in sheet2 column D And input the number located in column F in that same row across. I am pretty sure this can be done but I am having a hard time trying to index and match where I need to find two values from two comumns. Thanks fo...

Format Time
I am working excel 2007 and I have a workbook which consists of 33 sheets.The names of the first and last sheets are SAMPLE and SUMMARY respectively and in between 01 to 31. All I need is to arrange the time in the format of for example 04:31 from cell A7 to A68 in sheets from 01 to 31. Is there a solution for this. Thanks in advance. Hi, Select A7:A68 on any one sheet and then Group all sheets from 01 to 31. Now change the format as desired and the formatting on all grouped sheets should change -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com ...

Oulook 2007
Is there a way to turn off the Search box and "Click here to enable instant search" underneath it which appear when you are looking at emails? tools, options, other, advanced http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions...