Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted

Hi ONG,

I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service
pack 4.
Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email
attachments,
i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in
Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information
regarding the subject.
But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the
attachment.

I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to
use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without
the ( .) character, no joy.

When i first posted this problem to the ONG, i recieved asssistance from the
two members below, both members have been very helpful.

 1.  anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com
 2.   marx404

Obviously i am doing something wrong but dont no what!

Thanks in advance,

M.

0
caesar1 (4)

Excel 2000: Can I display more than one curve in a single chart
Hi All, Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data points) in a single chart? I am using Excel 2000. tia Avraham Makeler. Sure. Select more than 2 columns when you create the chart. Alternately select the chart and follow the prompts at Chart|Add Data Jerry Avraham Makeler wrote: > Hi All, > > Can I display more than one curve (i.e., more than a single set of data > points) in a single chart? > > I am using Excel 2000. > > tia > > Avraham Makeler. ...

PUBLISHER 2000 & 2003
in publisher 2000 when using word art you have the use of rotation and effects. Now what happened to the rotation and effects in word art in 2003? After creating your WordArt, grab the little green circle above it. That will allow you to rotate it. As for the effects - what effects? Everything is there - maybe in a different place, but it's there. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "JOHN G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16CFB1E0-901F-4B22-AB22-64BF319FB81C@...

Outlook blocking our own domain
This problem just appeared up this week. SBS 2003 Premium. Exchange 2003. About 30 clients running Outlook 2003, and a couple using Outlook 2007. One user (the owner) using Outlook 2003 has had half a dozen or so emails from within our company sent to his Junk Email folder by Outlook. I set our domain as a safe sender and it shows up in the safe senders list as "@ourdomain.net". Following the examples they use, I tried adding just "ourdomain.net" (no @) but it doesn't appear to be showing up on the list, even after restarting Outlook. Any idea why our domain w...

unsafe attachments #5
I cannot view most of the attachments sent to me. I get an error that reads "oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:....." How can I fix this? I can send these attachments to another user on our system and he has no problems opening the attachments. Please help. Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft...

2003 over 2000
My son gave me his Outlook 2003, full version. I have an Outlook 2000 installed, upgrade version. Can I install over 2000, or do I need to uninstall 2000 first? Have backup pst file available for 2000. Can I restore all my email, appointments, contacts in 2003 with that pst file? -- Noncompliant Money don't wag the dog's tail. Noncompliant, you wrote on Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:50:32 -0600: > My son gave me his Outlook 2003, full version. I have an Outlook 2000 > installed, upgrade version. Can I install over 2000, or do I need to > uninstall 2000 first? > Have...

Outlook 2000 #123
I am using Outlook 2000. I have got an error message for me to change the mail delivery location. I cannot see any of my previous messages in Outlook. My *.pst files are in the directory as before. How do I force outlook to view the *.pst files? Also my ISP is claranet. When I send receive in Outlook 2000, the pop up menu says x number of messages downloading, but my inbox is showing nothing. I am assuming this has to do with outlook not looking at the *.pst file location any help much appreciated thanks ...

Outlook 2000
I have a problem on one P.C. that does not send attachments, I have even reinstalled office to the default settings and still no luck. It attaches the files and shows in the sent items folder with the attachment still there, but still no joy, I don't get any error messages, I would appreciate feedback as I have to sort the problem out. Thanks, Peter Are the recipients of the attachment-less messages also using Outlook, or are they using some other e-mail program? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to...

How to export a Publisher-Document into word 2000?
I need to convert a publisher document into a word document for distribution to be reviewed by people not having publisher installed. The document contains tables, pictures and colors. I'd appreciate your help. Wolfgang -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wolfgang <info@NO-SPA.com>... > I need to convert a publisher document into a word document f...

Send as attachement
I have two users currently who if they are in an excel document and click the send as attachment button and enter a valid email address then click send, nothing happens, they close the document and save changes when prompted then the email that was suppose to be sent out pops up in their inbox instead of being sent. Anyone seen this and know what it's doing/why/how to fix it? Thanks! Scott ...

Attachments larger about 5M getting stripped
I am using Outlook 2003 on an XP Pro system. I am having difficulties receiving attachments larger than about 5M(my ISP allows up to 20M). When I watch the progress of an email downloading, it will show the size of the file it is attempting to download, but when the email has finished downloading, the attachment is gone. I have other users who have the same version of Outlook, using the same ISP, who don't have the same difficulty. I have "Download complete item including attachments" checked under Send and Receive settings, and there is not a size limit entered. what fir...

Office XP Pro/Publisher 2000/Publisher 20003
We used to have office 2000 installed on our computer with Publisher 2000, then I installed Office XP Pro instead. I then installed Publisher 2000 again but now when I switch from an Office XP app to Publisher 2000, I am asked to insert the product cd. It seems Office XP Pro and Publisher 2000 don't want to interoperate. Is there a way of fixing this? Or, if I purchase Publisher 2003 seperatly, will it and Office XP Pro coexist peacefully? Thanks! ...

Oulook
Outlook express users do not receive attachments sent via outlook 97. If the same message is sent to an outlook user the attachment is fine. Any ideas? Make sure you use HTML or Plain Text format (in your case it will have to be plain text since Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML) when sending messages to Outlook Express users, or users of any other e-mail client besides Outlook. Don't use Rich Text format, which is proprietary to Outlook and will cause problems for other recipients, one of which is that they won't get your attachments. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Send Direct Email, Email Templates and Attachments
Hello - In V3.0 it is nice that now we are able to attach a document to to a workflow email. This doesn't not work however when you want to send a direct email to a group of Customers. We still cannot send a direct email using an email template AND attach a document. Does anyone have any new workarounds for this or is it still just create a webpage for the attachment and include the link in the email template? Thanks, Amy Group: In addition, does anybody know of possible workarounds to multiple attachments on one workflow activity? In response to the direct question below...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

Publisher 2000 #21
In publisher 2000, I have a main web page and 10 other pages with hyperlinks. All pages and links works correctly but with the problem (mostly on XP machines) that sometimes only the text will appear, and/or spaces with little red x's instead of the pictures. In all cases, by clicking "refresh", everything appears correctly. I don't even know if it is a pub 2000 problem or what. Can anyone help Much appreciate Malcolm Do you have problems with other web sites? Could be your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.mi...

Excel 2000, cannot edit macro, nothing happens when I select "edit"
I have a worksheet built by someone else with many macros built in and they all are operational - no error messages. I want to edit one macro in the worksheet. I follow the steps: Tools, Macro, Macros (here I get the list of macros in the spreadsheet). I select the name of the one in the list that I want to edit then select "Edit" and nothing happens. The macro window closes and I'm back in the worksheet. Microsoft Visual Basic does not open and there is no error message. As a test, I recorded my own macro in the worksheet then followed the same steps above but selected my ...

outlook blocking zonealarm
office blocking zonealarms anti spam features complete sentence try "jimribu" <jimribu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98D5C5B6-0086-4FF8-8721-ACFCED06843E@microsoft.com... > office blocking zonealarms anti spam features > I'll take a WAG... Ok, Zonealarm aparently has some antispam 'feature' that has multiple limitations for advanced configurations. According to the FAQ at ZoneAlarm: http://www.zonelabs.com/store/support/zass/fraudFAQs.jsp#2 2. Will ZoneAlarm Anti-Spam work with Outlook or Outlook Express rules? Currently ZoneAla...

Outlook 2000 #124
When opening this from programmes or desktop error message comes The server containing the Global Address List no longer available - and wont open - is there anything I can do and is also unable to open email folders. I want this programme to open properly because it has (I hope) the Journal. Outlook Express doesn't have it. ...

background cleanup attachment errors in exchange 5.5
Hello all Can anybody suggest why this error might occur or whether it is cause for concern I found 821339 in the kb, but it's for exchange 2k. We're using exchange 5.5 Thanks in advance -Shanno Event Type: Erro Event Source: MSExchangeIS Privat Event Category: Background Cleanup Event ID: 110 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 1:45:05 P User: N/ Computer: SAGENTEXC Description Error 0xfffff9bf occurred during a background cleanup on attachment 14-A47DFA. You can try brining down the Store and running isinteg. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do ...

Exchange Server Migration from 2000 to 2003 and from old to new hardware
Hi I've been searching around the Internet for a document, book or some type of reference that shows the steps in migrating exchange server 2000 to 2003 and if needed exchange server transfer to new hardware. Does anyone know of a good book or tech doc that descibes this detail. The topics in question are "When to run pfmigrate, When to run exdeploy etc. Even a step by step process would do the trick. Thanks -T http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html That is a good one. "Nino_1" wrote: > Hi > > I've been se...

Outlook 2000 Not Sending/Receiving
Hi, About a week ago my Outlook 2000 just stopped (Sending/Receiving) working on Computer-A. I have Outlook 2003 on Computer-B which works fine. Also, Outlook Express is installed on both Computer-A & Computer-B and it works fine. I get the following error message on Computer-A running Outlook 2000. Has anyone experienced this problem yet? "Some messages couldn't be retrieved from the server. This usually happens when the connection to the server is lost due to server or network problems. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." Has anyone experienced this pro...

Oulook...
capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to prevent this??? Tnx Ted This happens when you hit the return key to start a new line? "Ted" <vitanov@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:2qjol.9817$FI5.7387@newsfe07.iad... > capitalises the first letter in each line! Any idea how to > prevent this??? > > > Tnx Ted turn off the spell check options in tools, options, spelling. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Outlook 2000 VS XP Notes
Hey all I have a user who using Windows 2000 had used Notes to create hyperlinks to folders (ie directories, not email folders) on his machine. For example in Outlook he had created an email folder called Projects. He had then created a note which had aa link to c:\projects\ which held all his documents etc for projects. He used these to group related emails and files together. Since upgrading to Office XP he can no longer do this. Is there a way to do this in Office XP, using Notes, or in some other fashion? Regards Cameron He can use the Outlook Bar to create shortcuts to folders as we...

Creeping Oulook connectivity problems
Hey folks, Looking for help/ideas here. Smallish office, 25 users or so. Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 (we can't/won't deal with AD) on good hardware--dual 2 Ghz Xeon Dell with 4 GB of RAM, mirrored RAID for the OS RAID 5 for the mail store. We spam filter on our mail relay (in our DMZ) using spamassassin and a few other tools and use Trend Scanmail on the Exchange server to scan for viruses. Clients are all XP Pro SP2, Outlook 2002, firewall off (we have a Cisco PIX that we know better than some relatives), and our network is remarkably high performing and clean. Management is very goo...

Can I Import a pocket Excel (*.pxl) spreadsheet into Excel 2000
Is it possible to import a pocket excel (*.pxl) spreadsheet into Excel 2000 desktop, without using Active Sync ...