OST recovery

I took on  a client whose SBS 2003 network went down due to a server disk
problem, Active Directory was not recovered, and a new domain name was used.
As a result, the PC was removed from the old domain, then joined to the new
domain, resulting in a different user profile on the PC (was Mary, now is
Mary.001). There is no Exchange server running, she just used Outlook on her
PC for the calendar.
Is there a way to recover the calendar information in the OST file?

0
kcds49

If she's been joined to a new domain, not without buying a third-party =
tool.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"kcds49" <kcds49(no.spam)@yahoo.com> wrote in message =
>I took on  a client whose SBS 2003 network went down due to a server =
disk
> problem, Active Directory was not recovered, and a new domain name was =
used.
> As a result, the PC was removed from the old domain, then joined to =
the new
> domain, resulting in a different user profile on the PC (was Mary, now =
is
> Mary.001). There is no Exchange server running, she just used Outlook =
on her
> PC for the calendar.
> Is there a way to recover the calendar information in the OST file?
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

Data Recovery Book
Hi! I am glad to introduce World's First Book on Professional Data Recovery Programming. Book also Includes a FREE CD, which contains complete Source Codes of all the software/Programs described within the book and may interesting tools You can see the contents of the book and order Online on following link: http://www.DataDoctor.biz/author.htm The Details of the Book are as follows: Title of the book: "Data Recovery with & without Programming" Author of the book: Tarun Tyagi Publishers of the book: BPB Publications, New Delhi, India Number of Pages: ...

2003 Recovery Storage Group Query
Can anyone confirm for me if it is ok to mount your live main storage group as your recovery storage group on another exchange server? On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:03:03 -0700, Colin Graham <ColinGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone confirm for me if it is ok to mount your live main storage group >as your recovery storage group on another exchange server? If they are in same admin group, you should be able to. thanks Andy - will there be any impact on performance on the live server mate? "Andy David - MVP" wrote: > On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:03:03 -0700...

pst and ost
pls post the information about .pst and .ost files of outlook What do you want to know about them? PST = personal folders file. Generally used by Internet Mail users, not Exchange. OST = an offline replica of an Exchange mailbox. Linked permenantly to the mailbox/profile for which it was created - cannot be opened independently. ramakrishna wrote: > pls post the information about .pst and .ost files of > outlook ..pst files are Personal Folders that you can store all your mail files. Its also the location of your inbox and what nots and is stored on your local harddrive. The .os...

Format of pst and ost
Hi experts Where can i found the information about Outlook's pst and ost file. Like its format, its features etc. Thanks The format of how data is stored in the file is undocumented. The programmatic access available is detailed in the VB/VBA help files for the Outlook object model. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "manoj" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> wrote in message news:uCItbDxcEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > H...

Disaster Recovery #2
I have been tasked with developing a disaster recovery plan with a remote site. My thinking is that if something happens to our main office, we can use Terminal Services to get to all of apps. I want to have installations of all our apps set up and waiting. My concern is licensing. Will I have to buy extra licenses for GP, or is there some kind of loophole for DR sites? Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Jason Hello Jason, Dynamics is a concurrent user license. So it doesn't matter if you have one installation or five installations of the Dynamics GP pointing to...

Windows recovery console

Large OST file . .
I'm in an Exchange Server environment, using an Outlook 2000 client, with a very large OST file - 1.4 MB - I save everything - all sent emails, all received emails - I guess I could turn Archive on, but then I wouldn't be able to search EVERYTHING at the same time - any suggestions as to anything I could do to optimize my environment - Outlook loads very slow after an abnormal termination, searches are slow, etc. Thanks On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:50:04 -1000, Texas Yankee <No-email_address@nowhere.com> wrote: > I'm in an Exchange Server environment, using an Outlook 200...

Errors when a tape recovery point is created in DPM 2010
Hi, We are using DPM 2010 and attempting to backup our Exchange DB's to tape when the jobs are run, manually or scheduled, the console then hangs and we get the following event logged: Source: MSDPM EventID: 943 Data: The description for Event ID 943 from source MSDPM cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. ...

Recovery Messages from Public Mail Store
Here's the situtation We suffered some database corruption and were forced to restore from a previous night's backup The restore went normally, but it did NOT replay the existing the transaction logs All of our mail (In & Out) is recorded in a public store When the backup was restored we reverted to the backups public store The corrupted public store has the transactions/emails that I need Does anyone have any ideas on how to retrieve the messages from the 'corrupt' public store The database is mountable, but I am not able to mount it onto the production server Is it poss...

OST file issue
Friends, I got a very urgent issue. So any help is appreciated! If the old Offline storage file (OST) was renamed and new one created, can I re-attach the old OST file to outlook renaming it back to outlook.ost? User has made a lot of changes in offline mode and needs to those changes to be synchronized. Will I be able to rename the new OST file from outlook.ost to something else and put the old OST in its place, then load outlook in offline mode and then synchronize it? I'd really appreciate your help! thanks, FARHAD. ...

Synchronization fails, created new .ost file, and ran OST Integrity tool.
After creating a new ost file and the problem was not fixed I ran the OST Integrity tool. The result being that even fewer messages being updated in the inbox. The error listed has to do with the inbox folder, it is [80004005- 501-0-550. This is the same message for the sent and deleted folders. When I stop and start the Information Store, I get no errors and am reluctant to run eseutil on it unless that is the only option. I had the thought of exporting the problem folders and then synch, then add them back in and synch again but the export message counts do not add up. This ma...

OST Problem
I am having a synchronisation problem with both Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002. The server is W2K running Excahnge2K Synchronisation is fine (and fast) UNTIL a machine connects from a different IP address, for instance whilst traveling. The OST on the PC/Portable will then require a complete re-synchronisation with Exchange Server. as the OSTs are typically between 300Mb and 1.5Gb, this is painfully slow on a Modem link. Once the first synchronisation is complete, future ones are very rapid - only looking for changes UNTIL the next change of connection, when the process starts again. Can...

Recovery Public folders
I need to recovery some information about my public folders. I have backup of them but i never perform this operation. I have 3 separates domains with diferents exchange enviroment. I lost the information in domain 1 (production), can i restore the information in domain (2) developement??? What is the best option to perfom the restore??? Thx 4 all @lgo The best option is to restore it on the machine on which it was backed up. For the future, a good option is to maintain more than one replica of all content. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick ba...

Trouble with OST
Office 2007 Exchange 2003 SP2. Have several clients that are having issues getting the OST to sync correctly. The are NOT running in cached mode and no additional add-ons are enabled. Did a fresh install and created a new OST file and still having the same issue. There are no errors, example if you are online you may have 25 messages in the inbox you synch and work offline you may only have 20 messages in the inbox Ok Found part of the problem in the Send/Receive Group settings the Exchange account was not included in the group to sync. I know it was configured before. What possibly ...

Deleted Item Recovery...
Can anybody help me please??? I am currently running Exchange 5.5 on an NT4 server with Outlook 2000 clients. I want to disable the 'Recover Deleted Items' option from specific client mailboxes as we feel they are breaching our email policy but they are entering the 'Recover Deleted Items' option in their outlook client and purging the mailbox. Is it possible to set mailbox or email client specific restrictions on accessing the 'Recover Deleted Items' menu option (ideally disabling that menu option on specific client machines) Apologies if this is a client base...

open Outlook 2000 .ost file in outlook 2000
Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created and saved from a different account? Yes - see www.exchangerecovery.com paddy wrote: > Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created > and saved from a different account? ...

OST file handling
Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through OWA as well. ?? In news:eXl2foWqFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, OfficeUser <Office@mailinator.com> typed: > Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through > OWA as well. ?? No - OST files are used by the full Outlook client only and can't be used/accessed in OWA. OfficeUser <Office@mailinator.com> wrote: > Can I create new items in OST file which will be available through > OWA as well. ?? OWA has no knowledge of the OST. If you create a new item in Outlook while of...

SQL Recovery Models
Hello, I am currently running CRM 1.2 and GP 7.5. I am using the backup utility in SQL 2000 to backup the databases for CRM, GP, and Integration. What recovery models are people using for GP and CRM? Some of the databases and configured for Simple while others are setup for Full recovery model. I would like to have full backups run daily and then backup the transaction logs hourly. Are there any advantages to running Veritas Backup Exec (or 3rd party backup software)? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike I would use Full recovery where possible. You won't...

Recovery Messages center
HI I'm sorry I'm new in exchange. i have a question, How to configure Recovery Messages Center?, My probelm is that is the first time I use exchange and I don't have any idea how to see (sent items, inbox) their mailbox in my exchange server, I guess is in Recovery message center I hope someone can help me Thanks On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 12:28:02 -0700, "lmelm" <lmelm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >HI >I'm sorry I'm new in exchange. i have a question, How to configure Recovery >Messages Center?, My probelm is that is the first time I use exch...

What is the *.ost file?
LOL. Maybe understood <s> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:%23NthgEVEFHA.4020@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > > > ...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #3
If you have 2 exchange servers in a domain and both information stores are held in iscsi luns on a NAS and 1 of the exchange servers dies (for whatever reason). Could you then attach the information store from the failed filer to the remaining exchange server and mount the information store, and if this was done would AD re-home the mailbox's to the new exchange server with the mounted information store from the failed exchange server ? ...

auto recovery
is there a way for excel to recover (similar to Word)when the computer shuts down due to a power glitch or power failure ??? Excel 2002(XP) has the Autorecovery feature. Can be configured under Tools>Options>Save. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 12:53:49 +0200, "Harald Staff" <harald.staff@nrk.no> wrote: >Hi > >There is no built-in way. But try the AutoSafe utility found at >http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm You can try the demo from www.recovermyfiles.com . Excel has probably left a temp file and this program will help you fin...

Document Recovery Task Pane
There is supposed to be a document recovery task pane in Publisher 2003. This information is in the help file. I cannot find it. I am tring to recover a corrupted Publisher file. Start, Microsoft Office Tools, Microsoft Application Recovery. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ron Caine" <Ron Caine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B16D4F23-AC84-409D-A8F1-68DEA323DA7F@microsoft.com... > There is supposed to be a document recovery task pane in Publisher 2003. > This information is in th...

ost/pst
I have a problem with a users account who does not have a pst but a ost on their machine. Is there a way to convert the ost to a pst or some way to save the ost since it has all the users current email. running exchange 2003 outlook 2003 If the profile still exists, you should be able to open the .ost without Exchange and drag and drop to a .pst file the content you want. Or, if not unicode, then there is ost2pst.exe. www.xcopy32.com/details.php?file=24 "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23yeuQq3UGHA.5172@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have a probl...

Windows XP Recovery Menu
I have a laptop, with Windows XP SP3, which stops at the "Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery Menu" every time the computer starts. Cold or warm boot makes no difference. I tried changing the "Select the first profile listed..........." option in Hardware Profiles to both 0, then tried 1, but it still stops at that menu. I also tried changing "Time do display recovery options" in the Advanced-Startup & Recovery tab, still stops at that menu. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. "Mark" wrote: > I have a laptop, with W...